Gear thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: Gear thread

Post by doomeddisciple »

Built a couple of Tele deluxes with my dad for a love project

PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 pm Built a couple of Tele deluxes with my dad for a love project

Deserves a bump. Those look really keen.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I haven't been too up on much this band had done for the last 10-15 years. But figured folks might still be interested enough in what Ballou is doing. Hilariously he's scaled down to the most generic set up. He doesn't even have his own "Pit Beef" pedal with him.

I only really posted the video because Nate Newton is being a total weirdo at 22:15 and then at around 25:45 or so someone in the background seems really concerned over a broken mic stand or something.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

cxwx wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:57 pm
doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 pm Built a couple of Tele deluxes with my dad for a love project

Deserves a bump. Those look really keen.
Thanks mate. My dad is a chippy by trade and has a mental awesome shed and I’ve been punishing him forever to build electrics together so off we went.

I wanted initially to do Tele deluxes with tune o matic bridges and because I had some stock Gibson pickups laying around. First time doing it though I chickened out and just bought plans and copied the plans.

The silver pickups are stock 97 SG PAFs and made from a single piece of Australian tonewood called Silver Quandong. This is the Dongacaster.

The other one is 3 pieces of Tasmanian Oak/Mountain Ash glued and carved and has pickups out of an 87 Les Paul custom.

The burst is black, purple and cherry I call the ‘Bruisebust’.

I bought the necks, I should probably have spent a little more on them but dad has the Les Paul pickup one and I have the other one. My one had this laquer shit all over the frets so I had to tape up and scrape the cunts off with fine steel wool. Buy a Warmouth or a 400+ one from Stratosphere or build your own.

They’re just strat necks, 21 frets but both play pretty great for first ever builds. Was really fun all in all and a great thing to do with my dad who made an excruciating cringe PowerPoint about it and I bought him a little Katana amp to plug his into.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

cxwx wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:04 pm

I haven't been too up on much this band had done for the last 10-15 years. But figured folks might still be interested enough in what Ballou is doing. Hilariously he's scaled down to the most generic set up. He doesn't even have his own "Pit Beef" pedal with him.

I only really posted the video because Nate Newton is being a total weirdo at 22:15 and then at around 25:45 or so someone in the background seems really concerned over a broken mic stand or something.
The hardcore community was shook and I had several people asking me about modelling stuff within hours of its release.

He’s using the helix pretty smart. I like he’s just not giving a fuck and doing it.

I toured with Doomriders in New Zealand and Australia and got pretty friendly with Nate and wrote to him on Instagram about it, he had an edible and was absolutely struggling to maintain reality.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Has anyone tried one of these things out? Triple coils are not a brand new idea I guess this is one of the first mass produced models with it stock. (I've seen more ridiculous pick up like dual hot rails )

All the sounds samples I've heard had a pretty minimal sound difference for high gain stuff but seemed to give a lot more variations in the other switch positions and on clean tones.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

What 2021 interview are they vaguely cryptically referring to?
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:04 pm What 2021 interview are they vaguely cryptically referring to?

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I guess I can't hate too hard as there are pedal recreations of Ampeg VH140-C's Peavey Bandits and Marshal Valve State 8100's.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Have you seen the prices on 80s RAT pedals? I get that people want the LM308 chip, but the reissues use them - and they're at least half the price. They sound close enough to the current chips that no one but kvlt pedal nerds will question it.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I literally fell over laughing at the 8 minute mark.
Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

Post by Post Mortem Ejaculation »

this is called the unholy union, made by Mark Grant a luthier who trained under alembic guru Michael Dolan. it is a pre-cbs telecaster shaped up like a gibby. enjoy dudes.

Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

IYKYK this is a fucking beast. I highly suggest this pedal. its can be played with zero inputs too so fucking heavy, made in PDX by a really awesome builder Retro Mechanical Labs.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Hurt AND Pain?!
Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

cxwx wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 pmHurt AND Pain?!
this is the heaviest and gnarliest pedal ive ever used.
Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

I just made this really quick to show zero input
the 1080p and 4k are still uploading, so I apologize if it looks like potato cam.
you can get some really gnarly sequences out of it when controlling multiple knobs at a time.
Last edited by Post Mortem Ejaculation on Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

1987 Ampeg SVT HD Limited Edition Skunkworks Bass Head #14 Of 500
Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

This is my Lewett 440 pure. this is the best bang for the buck mic i've ever used in my studio. I literally use it for everything. Metal vocals, regular vocals, drums and various acoustic instruments and and it gets the job done every time. It truly fucks for the price point. I use this almost every time I record myself or others, it also comes with a crazy weird shock mount and magnetic pop filter as well you guys should def check this mic out, it fucks.

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Post Mortem Ejaculation wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:34 pm I just made this really quick to show zero input
the 1080p and 4k are still uploading, so I apologize if it looks like potato cam.
you can get some really gnarly sequences out of it when controlling multiple knobs at a time.
That's cool and all but I feel like my Korg Monotron does the same thing.
Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

cxwx wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:37 pm
Post Mortem Ejaculation wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:34 pm I just made this really quick to show zero input
lets make some tunes then.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

[quote=cxwx post_id=1948651
[/quote]

Not as well
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Post Mortem Ejaculation
Rectal Anarchy

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:59 pm [quote=cxwx post_id=1948651
Not as well
[/quote]

I'll make a video of me jamming on it, I more practically like to use it on the kick drum outs on my Arturia drumbrute it makes super modern sounding distorted 808esque kicks and also with my guitar and bass
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

That's cool I didn't know the Retro did the oscillation thing. I have a decent collection of gnarly/br00tl fuzzes going now, just added a Joe Gore Filth and Mask Audio Yes. Favorite for noise/osc blasts is always the Fuzz Factory. Catalinbread Antichthon is pretty cool for a different kind of spin on signal starving. HBE UFO (Foxx Tone Machine clone) is still my heaviest.

Needed a good simple stereo interface, so got a Motu M2...and got those 2 EHX drum synths just to feed my post-modular jones a little something. They also process audio input, so should be fun with the Volca Sample. For desktop controllers I've got a Koma Kommander and the OBNE eyeball slider thing.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I have a Fostex X-28H 4-track recorder on the way. 8 inputs, 4 outputs, high + normal variable speeds. I've been wanting a 4 track forever, but they skyrocketed in price shortly before the pandemic. I found one fairly reasonably priced (in working order), so hoping it's in decent shape when it does arrive. I have several 20+ year old tapes from old bands, a handful of blanks and I'm either going to make or buy some loop tapes.