ALIENS

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: ALIENS

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

False flag close encounter, types 1-3
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Case closed.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Aliens spelt backwards is cheeseburger, now that’s out of this world food for thought.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I thought this thread was about the James Cameron movie.

weept
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:47 am I thought this thread was about the James Cameron movie.

weept
Right, right. Somebody said “Aliens” he thought they said “the movie Aliens” and signed up.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Bill wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:06 pm
spacehamster wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:47 am I thought this thread was about the James Cameron movie.

weept
Right, right. Somebody said “Aliens” he thought they said “the movie Aliens” and signed up.
:fonz:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien

DAVID GRUSCH
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:12 pm DAVID GRUSCH
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

kevin hash wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:20 pmPiss33.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien

Avi Loeb (chair of astronomy at Harvard) went on a boat and used a magnet to pull of bits of a meteor. He says he has confirmed that it is interstellar (which is a first in human history!) and seems confident that it may be artificial. I am skeptical of course but it is exciting.

He's a strange guy. His confidence regarding the artificial nature of oumuamua and this new object is baffling. It seems to be based on very little concrete information, and yet he's staked his reputation on it and created a foundation which has frankly astounding support from all over the world. I'm pretty sure he has information that he hasn't shared with the rest of us.
Eight Bit Alien

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

From the late 2000s to the mid-2010s, I worked as a molecular biologist for a national security contractor in a program to study Exo-Biospheric-Organisms (EBO). I will share with you a lot of information on this subject. Feel free to ask questions or ask for clarification

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien

Yeha dude. I've been chewing over that thing all day. Been planning a thread where we politely ask Ross to waste his time, giving it a glance.

I'll say this, its riddled with little references to existing UFO lore. Whoever wrote it absolutely did their homework. I can't speak to the scientific stuff obviously, although several Reddit boys who claim to work in the field have said the author absolutely knew their stuff.
Eight Bit Alien

Very likely new UFO stuff being signed into law soon. Senate Select Committee for Intelligence, House Armed Services Committee, and Senate Armed Services Committee all appear to be supporting it. If it passes, anyone who has technology or biological material derived from non-human intelligence has 6 months to fork it over. Not exactly sure what the "or else what" would be.

At this point anyone paying attention must be a conspiracy theorist. Someone was lying about UFOs back then, or someone is lying about them now. I guess a reasonable third option would be to say that many people are mistaken, which is the hardest to believe in my opinion.

I really have a very hard time believing that the government has flying saucers, but I'm deeply fascinated by this story and its psychological/cultural aspect. It may simply be that we are fortunate enough to witness the process of mythmaking in real-time, in our native cultural context. I'm reminded of the process Christianity went through, from a despised fringe cult to capturing the highest positions of Roman power.

One underappreciated thing is that this recent storyline was largely born from the same batch of Wikileaks emails that gave us pizzagate, in both cases John Podesta's emails.
Eight Bit Alien

A lot is happening
Eight Bit Alien

UAP DISCLOSURE ACT written by SENATE MAJORITY LEADER SCHUMER
Eight Bit Alien

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/senato ... 023-07-14/

Just the juicy bits:
WASHINGTON, July 14 (Reuters) - The Senate in the coming days is expected to consider a bipartisan measure that would compel the U.S. government to publicly release records relating to possible UFO sightings after decades of stonewalling.

Schumer's backing likely will carry sway with many of his fellow Democrats. Rounds is a member of the Senate's Intelligence and Armed Services committees.

"For decades, many Americans have been fascinated by objects mysterious and unexplained, and it's long past time they get some answers," Schumer said in a statement on Friday, adding that the public "has a right to learn about technologies of unknown origins, non-human intelligence and unexplainable phenomena."

It also establishes that the federal government would have "eminent domain" over any recovered technologies of unknown origin and any biological evidence of "non-human intelligence" that may be controlled by private individuals or entities.

Schumer is taking up a cause first advanced by the late Democratic Senator Harry Reid, who served as Senate majority leader from 2007 until 2015.

cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

A big dandelion puff ball just floated about a half an inch away from my face then changed direction and floated away, it was rather surreal. Was it actually an alien creature in disguise?
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Finally scanned that r/whatever post about aliens and my Columboesque just-one-last-question : this fella was brought in for molecular biological purposes, but has full details on macro anatomical functions as well. Why? Why would an organization set up labyrinthine screening and infosec processes but not segment departments? You pass the screen and they hand you a CD-ROM of Encarta - Alien Biology Edition? Nonsensical for the handling of any sensitive information, particularly if they're hiring from outside.
Eight Bit Alien

I don't know whats happening
Eight Bit Alien

Toilet Fleet wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:43 pm Finally scanned that r/whatever post about aliens and my Columboesque just-one-last-question : this fella was brought in for molecular biological purposes, but has full details on macro anatomical functions as well. Why? Why would an organization set up labyrinthine screening and infosec processes but not segment departments? You pass the screen and they hand you a CD-ROM of Encarta - Alien Biology Edition? Nonsensical for the handling of any sensitive information, particularly if they're hiring from outside.
This is a good point. All the people who have ever tried to protect their belief in aliens by enshrining it inside a complex conspiracy have imagined that the way it works is through intense stovepiping.

I guess for the sake of argument, the nature of macro and micro may be that understanding of one is not possible without the understanding of both. Or biological stuff may reveal macro and micro inherently, like there's no way to miss the small if you're looking at the big, so compartmentalization is less possible.

I think the obvious answer is that this is a fake reddit post, but I like treating this stuff as a puzzle anyway even if it's imaginary.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Aliens are always portrayed as humanoids, but our shape is the result of adaptation to our environment, gravity, temperatures, etc. Thinking that aliens would be similar to us is silly. And then there might be other differences even more complicated, what if their perception of time is different? And if they had the technology to come here they would be much more advanced and think we are nothing relevant. When was the last time you tried to communicate with a colony of ants?
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Eight Bit Alien

Krieg wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:48 am Aliens are always portrayed as humanoids, but our shape is the result of adaptation to our environment, gravity, temperatures, etc. Thinking that aliens would be similar to us is silly. And then there might be other differences even more complicated, what if their perception of time is different? And if they had the technology to come here they would be much more advanced and think we are nothing relevant. When was the last time you tried to communicate with a colony of ants?
Simply for the sake of conversation:

Yes, if they were primate-looking bipeds with sensory organs all in the same position shape as us, i think it would be a pretty clear indication that we are just a different branch of whatever they are. If the "greys" were shown to exist (which I don't think is possible, to be clear) then their ultimate origin couldn't possibly be some genuinely foreign biosphere.

Deep UFO lore usually speculates that "greys" are some kind of engineered being, like an android or something. A typical narrative would say that a more distant intelligence creates them specifically to be compatible for Earth jobs, maybe using our physiology as a template.

The extraterrestrial hypothesis is just one of many. One idea I found interesting is that all this stuff is actually time-travel; at some point in the future, simeone figures out how that works, and as a result we see vague evidence of an "alien" presence here and there. If you wanted to do that without screwing up history, maybe you would 3d-print robots to do the job instead of sending biological creatures around the timestream. This could also provide an incentive not to be noticed or documented extensively. If a future culture did engage in self-modification, maybe they would need samples from "wild" ancient humans from time to time to avoid genetic bottleneck.

We do communicate with ants, just not very well. We spray chemicals at them in imitation of their own pheromone messaging. This isn't the way we communicate with each other through representative form/symbols, which actually makes it a great analogy. We aren't capable of shooting words at the ants, but we are capable of crudely modifying their behavior. Perhaps if there were a genuine intelligence distinct enough from us to prohibit any system of direct communication, they would engage with us in a similar way. They might meddle with our consciousness in ways that are hard for us to make sense of, or try to use general symbols to convey a message. Like say, to manufacture experiences which say "there is someone else here" or "we are like you but different".
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

james you should read book of the new sun

ross why havent you addressed the reddit post

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien

I think he already gave his opinion on the subject in general :lol:

And i will look at that thx