Ill body
/
Ill will
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: THREAD TO TALK ABOUT CULTURE WAR BULLSHIT

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

BONUS COMMENT:

I'm sorry if I made everyone mad. I love this place a lot and all of you, and letting our twilight moments decline into political arguments is a really sad thought.

I have an idea of how to make it up to everyone
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I think we’re missing the fundamental argument and big picture here: CAN Jar-Jar Binks in fact suck his own cock? If that is the case then Disney obviously supports rape culture vis-a-vis Ron Jeremy.
Ill body
/
Ill will
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

cxwx wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:46 pm
Whoa, close one. Glad she spun last minute or she could have bruised those fine fine fake breasts.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:33 pm I'm sorry if I made everyone mad. I love this place a lot and all of you, and letting our twilight moments decline into political arguments is a really sad thought.
I think the problem is that you're confusing basically holding any sort of belief as to how society should function with idiotic tribalism. It is possible to have thoughts and ideas without automatically feeling the need to join a pack of monkeys with what you think are the same beliefs and shitting in your hands and throwing it at everyone who isn't part of that pack of monkeys.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Far right (in the US): Nazis who want to eliminate entire groups of people, whether it be LGBTQ, Jewish, Black, whatever. Christofacsists who want to impose their religion on everything and everyone, including the government. Gun freaks who believe that limiting AR-15s somehow threatens their ability to fight government tyranny. People who want the ability to sow misinformation for profit. People who call consequences for shitty behavior "cancel culture"

Far left (in the US): LGBTQ people who want to live with the same dignity afforded to others. People who want healthcare for everyone. Climate change activists who believe the scientific consensus' urgent calls for action. People who think cops shouldn't be so quick to pull a trigger when it's pointed at a person of color.

Am I missing something that would make these equally bad?

I'm not trying to put anyone on the defensive here. I appreciate EBA no matter what, and I felt bad after my joke was received so poorly.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

I'm glad those statues got knocked over fuck statues
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i am not mad
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

No one is except EBA, who started arguing politics and then quickly stopped again when people, in a polite manner, disagreed with him.... civilized discourse of this type seems very much preferable to me to the usual shit slinging that happens online, and I enjoy taking part in it. But if there's anything EBA can do to make people here happier, he should totally go ahead, I'm sure he'll feel better afterwards!

:highfive:
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

YOU'RE ALL GAY EXCEPT ME
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

thread poll is already 37% brainworm'd because conservatives are already liberals :putin
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Hey if anybody is interested in the latest clip from partisan corporate cable news I'm pretty sure you can find it in whatever cxwx just posted above
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:14 pm Hey if anybody is interested in the latest clip from partisan corporate cable news I'm pretty sure you can find it in whatever cxwx just posted above
It was a one minute clip with nothing but the audio of the person in question saying what they said, normally when you’re reference something said by a politician it’s generally reported by some kind of news agency. Not to mention the fact the New York post is a Rupert Murdock rag so it would be a bit hard to insinuate it was some kind of left wing source. But I’ll try to find some other news site when referencing something in the news next time. Piss off.
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:14 pm Hey if anybody is interested in the latest clip from partisan corporate cable news I'm pretty sure you can find it in whatever cxwx just posted above
Oh, we're back to discussing politics? Great! I have so much to say on the matter... :cheers:
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

James EBA Jones crucified me on the tree of woe.
He carved “fascist dorito” into my forehead and then began chanting to the Dracula god and making transformer noises.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:53 pm thread poll is already 37% brainworm'd because conservatives are already liberals :putin
:cheers:

Before 2015, I didn't pay much attention to politics - I voted in presidential elections, but not much else. For a stretch of time about 10 years ago, I'd bring my grandfather the New York Post every day when he wasn't able to get around all that well. He'd try to talk politics with me occasionally, and say things like "Did you see what your friend Obama did today?" One day, the Post was sold out, so I brought him the other NY rag, The Daily News.

"What's this crap?" he said, pulling the paper from the shopping bag.

"They were out of the Post, so I figured this is better than nothing" I replied.

"You figured alright... Hey Larry," he shouted to my uncle in the other room. "Look what Hunter brought me, The Daily News! Can you believe that? He said it was better than nothing."

He'd continue to bring up this criminal act of substitution at least once a week until he died (which thankfully happened before a Trump presidency could fracture what was left of his brain). This was a man who would golf with Jackie Robinson from time to time in the 60's - genuinely not a racist person, but he would eat up those racist talking points from Fox, the Post, whatever.

Just posting a Post post.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:53 pm thread poll is already 37% brainworm'd because conservatives are already liberals :putin
US political naming conventions are so strange... republicans often advocate liberal positions like wanting as little state interference as possible, and yet they call everybody left of centre liberal :confused:
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:12 am
US political naming conventions are so strange... republicans often advocate liberal positions like wanting as little state interference as possible, and yet they call everybody left of centre liberal :confused:
Look pal, we don’t need a bunch of European nazi homos trying to tell us how do shit in America, got it bub?
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

I say...
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

double post
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Hunter wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:58 am
"You figured alright... Hey Larry," he shouted to my uncle in the other room. "Look what Hunter brought me, The Daily News! Can you believe that? He said it was better than nothing."

He'd continue to bring up this criminal act of substitution at least once a week until he died (which thankfully happened before a Trump presidency could fracture what was left of his brain). This was a man who would golf with Jackie Robinson from time to time in the 60's - genuinely not a racist person, but he would eat up those racist talking points from Fox, the Post, whatever.

Just posting a Post post.
:awesome:
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Which party is responsible for all the Wednesday Addams dancing videos all over Youtube? Cause I’ve got a bone to pick with you people.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

The Bill wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:06 pm Which party is responsible for all the Wednesday Addams dancing videos all over Youtube? Cause I’ve got a bone to pick with you people.
I heard some people were saying it’s racist against blacks because some of the bullies in the show are black. I also assume other people are mad because the actress that plays her is Mexican .
Ill body
/
Ill will
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

cxwx wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:06 pm
The Bill wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:06 pm Which party is responsible for all the Wednesday Addams dancing videos all over Youtube? Cause I’ve got a bone to pick with you people.
I heard some people were saying it’s racist against blacks because some of the bullies in the show are black. I also assume other people are mad because the actress that plays her is Mexican .
Her dad’s name is Gomez.