I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Happily Never After 2/10
Thel
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by Thel »

Bored wrote:
Thel wrote:Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead 9/10 classic
It's okay. It's one of those movies where the first viewing seems to be the best. It pales, then, afterwards...
I've seen it more than a few. It's been a while, though. I was rewatching for a class I'm teaching in the fall...so trying to look at it with fresh eyes. Seems like an opportunity to get re-excited about an old favorite.

I'd agree (or offer) that thinking about it sheerly as film isn't as rewarding as thinking about it in dialogue with Hamlet. I do think Stoppard's screenplay is inspired, though, and that the acting (esp. Roth and Oldman, and the guy who plays Hamlet) is excellent, as well. If it isn't great film - it certainly is great theatre.

Can you think of any other movie in which Richard Dreyffus is watchable?
V1X13
Diversion of Former Customary Trite Comp

Post by V1X13 »

the simpsons - 7/10
hot fuzz - 7/10
pathfinder - 5/10
little miss sunshine - 6/10
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Transformers - 9/10

They actually got it right.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

spacehamster wrote:Transformers - 9/10

Agreed! I saw it on Sunday. The acting and plot were as stupid as I expected, but the action was awesome. Definitely a must see on the big screen.

Last night watched:
Hot Fuzz - 9/10

It's along the lines of Naked Gun and National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon only with Brit-flavored humor. I was cracking up every 10 seconds watching it. Definitely worth watching if you're into goofy parody flicks.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Thel
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by Thel »

Teufel wrote:

Agreed! I saw it on Sunday. The acting and plot were as stupid as I expected, but the action was awesome. Definitely a must see on the big screen.
agreed and agreed. I'll go with 7/10, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The most refreshing thing about the lack of plot is that there was no effort to have one at all.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

Thel wrote:
Bored wrote:
Thel wrote:Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead 9/10 classic
It's okay. It's one of those movies where the first viewing seems to be the best. It pales, then, afterwards...
I've seen it more than a few. It's been a while, though. I was rewatching for a class I'm teaching in the fall...so trying to look at it with fresh eyes. Seems like an opportunity to get re-excited about an old favorite.

I'd agree (or offer) that thinking about it sheerly as film isn't as rewarding as thinking about it in dialogue with Hamlet. I do think Stoppard's screenplay is inspired, though, and that the acting (esp. Roth and Oldman, and the guy who plays Hamlet) is excellent, as well. If it isn't great film - it certainly is great theatre.

Can you think of any other movie in which Richard Dreyffus is watchable?
Where he's watchable, or where he's not unwatchable enough to ruin the movie? If it's the latter, then... Jaws?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Thel wrote:
Teufel wrote:

agreed and agreed. I'll go with 7/10, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The most refreshing thing about the lack of plot is that there was no effort to have one at all.
It's that goofy 80s vibe that does it for me. It knows it's silly, and it revels in it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Sideways - 8/10
300 - 8.5/10
Zodiac - 8/10
Howl's Moving Castle - 6.5/10
digestion
Karelian Isthmus

Post by digestion »

"Sunshine" - 6/10 - I liked the concept and visuals but the tone shift in the last third of the movie ruined it.

"Dancer in the Dark" - 3/10 - Similar to watching a blubbering infantile retard get pummeled.
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Vlygar the Impregnable »

Street Fighter - 5/10 This is a great movie to see with a few drunk buddies and just totally goof on the film the whole time. It's akin to a Sci Fi channel movie.
This Means War
The Brutality Continues...

Post by This Means War »

Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels - 7.5/10
hard paranormal dong wrote: one of these days im going to upload my fist onto the internet, i just hope one day you accidentally download it.
Burning_Anubis
The Basement Master

Post by Burning_Anubis »

underworld & underworld evolution
(8 of 10 for both)
MARIO KART FAGS
3265-7795-5340 add me you fucks
XCOX 360 TAG: BURNING ANUBIS

jjiiiigggggllllylyyyy pppuuuufffff jiiggglllyyyyyyy puffffffff......
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

Post by Stereo Sound Agent 1971 »

The Simpsons : 9/10 Hot damn, it was way better than I expected. Bart's doodle! The edgier shit they put in it made it so fucking funny.

Transformers : 8/10 Would have scored higher if they would have gotten rid of the most painfully stupid cliche high school stereotypes. The buff jock! The uncomfortable nerd! The hot chick! The special FX were fucking awesome.
Bored
Throbbing Blacke Werebeast

Post by Bored »

300: 6/10. I want Xerxes' throne in my house.

Breach: 5.5/10. Ryan Phillipe trying to channel Matt Damon? Ugly. Chris Cooper is awesome, though.
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

Mona Lisa - 8.5/10 Really awesome British 80s flick about a dude and a hooker
*burp*
The Wages of Ben
INSIDE FISH STICKS, OUTSIDE TARTAR SAUCE

Post by The Wages of Ben »

300 - 10/10. I had the chance to see this in IMAX when I was tripping acid the day I saw the Aqua Teen Movie. I really fucking regret that now. Image

The Fountain - 9/10. Visually stunning. My girlfriend cried through the last 45 minutes of it. Image

The Prestige - 10/10. Great movie. Bale is dark, Jackman vengeful. Scarlett Johansson wears 19th century magician assistant clothes. Image
Black Jacques wrote:fuck that man. I'm not messin' with no giant corn...
dreweq wrote:clasping em like they were pages of the pelican brief she was gonna use to solve a fuckin nancy drew murder mystery or something.
ImageImage
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

Murder Party 8/10

A nerdy quiet guy finds an invitation to something called a "Murder Party" on Halloween, and decides to show up, where he is tied up by art students planning to kill him for the sake of "art" (and for the sake of landing a $300,000 grant). It's gory, funny, well acted, very well shot and the lighting is awesome. Great characters, too, I feel like I know kids just like this. It's a bit slow in the beginning, and I don't really like how they set up the guy getting the invitation, but once it gets in swing its damn good fun. This is nice and short, too, which is a welcome break from the longer movies I watched last week (Zodiac and Perfume). The running time is 79 minutes with credits.

Here's da trailer

><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mY8oAmj5NI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mY8oAmj5NI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mY8oAmj5NI
Zerohero wrote: i remember when Cave paPpY sent me some wooden MP1's

http://www.killthatcat.com
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

la grande bouffe - 8
the seventh seal - 8
touch of evil - 7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Runaway Jury - 9.5/10

What an unbelievable cast this movie has. The confrontation between Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman practically gave me goosebumps.
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

Hidden Fortress 5/10
Jack Mort
O.G-Had

Post by Jack Mort »

The Wire - Season 4

10/10
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Just hopping in here to say FUCK that Simpsons movie! 30 min great + 60 min suck gets it a 4/10, with a bonus point for that real-life doodle-mod'd family showing up randomly.

Also, is everyone aware of THE LABYRINTH getting a re-release, and has anyone seen it? I think it opens here on Friday.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spider-Man 3
3/10

I was never a fan of the Spidey movies to begin with, but it's almost surreal how fucking stupid this is. Inane script, horrid special effects, laughable acting and Elfman's trashy score is the icing on the cake. I'll give it 3 because at least Aunt May and Gwen Stacey were bearable, and I'd be lying if I didn't say the blood pressure joke didn't make me laugh. But other than that - horrible.