Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

Post by Stereo Sound Agent 1971 »

lifeindeadtime wrote: I didn't like Jarhead, but mostly because I expected better from Sam Mendes. This, from the guy that gave us American Beauty, and Road to Perdition. It sounds like a faithful adaptation from all accounts. I just feel like it could have been more.
Maybe because it's based on a true story, instead of a complete fabrication. Visually, I really dug the movie as well. Most of the book is just the random shit running through his head, and probably wouldn't adapt well to film, unless you want to hear a constant voice-over.
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

POSTAL 8/10
Uwe Boll made a good movie! HOLY SHIT! This movie is 100% over the top un-PC, bloody, and fun as fucking hell! There was a screening in SF as part of the Dead Channels Film Fest.

300 8/10
This rating goes to the editors and CGI people. The movie wasn't very good at all, just dudes yelling and stabbing, hacking, etc. But it looked totally awesome for being what it is. Everything else about the movie pretty much failed. Meh.

Disturbia 6.5/10
I was let down by this. It's a decent flick ruined by the typical blonde girl, the asian sidekick, and overall it wasn't very "thrilling". Meh again. I rented "Rear Window", I imagine that will be much better.
Zerohero wrote: i remember when Cave paPpY sent me some wooden MP1's

http://www.killthatcat.com
TxTxD
git help.

Post by TxTxD »

mithrandir wrote:Martin – I didnt like the ending but loved the rest of it, I especially like how they splice in sequences of Martins past to look like old Universal Horror movies, lot of interesting and unique camera angles that I cant recall Romero ever doing before, probably Romero's best Non-zombie movie IMO, - 7.5
I saw this years and years ago, and enjoyed it, but don't remember much about it... I would love to see it again.
Image Image
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Smokin' Aces - 6.5/10
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

Army of Shadows - 8.8/10 Awesome late 60's French film about the Resistance in the early 40s...
*burp*
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

John Tucker Must Die - 4/10 I missed the first half hour but I could figure it out anyway because I'm clever. Movie failed to deliver.
The Wages of Ben
INSIDE FISH STICKS, OUTSIDE TARTAR SAUCE

Post by The Wages of Ben »

Gummo - 3/10. 2.75 of those 3 go to the soundtrack.
Black Jacques wrote:fuck that man. I'm not messin' with no giant corn...
dreweq wrote:clasping em like they were pages of the pelican brief she was gonna use to solve a fuckin nancy drew murder mystery or something.
ImageImage
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

The Wages of Ben wrote:Gummo - 3/10. 2.75 of those 3 go to the soundtrack.
And:

Mark Gonzales wrestling a chair.

Gay dwarf and creepy dude talking about the gay.

YOU SMELL LIKE PISS, RABBIT.
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Vlygar the Impregnable »

HASHTHRASH wrote:POSTAL 8/10
Uwe Boll made a good movie! HOLY SHIT! This movie is 100% over the top un-PC, bloody, and fun as fucking hell! There was a screening in SF as part of the Dead Channels Film Fest.

300 8/10
This rating goes to the editors and CGI people. The movie wasn't very good at all, just dudes yelling and stabbing, hacking, etc. But it looked totally awesome for being what it is. Everything else about the movie pretty much failed. Meh.

Disturbia 6.5/10
I was let down by this. It's a decent flick ruined by the typical blonde girl, the asian sidekick, and overall it wasn't very "thrilling". Meh again. I rented "Rear Window", I imagine that will be much better.
ok, you sold me on Postal, I'll get it when I can.

What did you really expect from 300? It's just an action flick, it delivered the goods.

How could you not have seen Rear Window yet? It's like saying that you've played video games all your life but never played a Mario game.
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

That sounds about right. Shitty movie.

Welcome to the Doll House > Gummo.
"It is the maze that dreams. And I am lost."
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

Vlygar the Impregnable wrote:Hot Fuzz - 7/10 pretty much a spoof of the wicker man.
hardly. there's one direct reference to it (Edward Woodward saying "oh god, no") and aside from that, all I can think of is the whole city cop being fucked around by conspiring residents of a small town thing. Nothing direct, and the overall story has far more connections to action/cop/mystery movie cliches. There are certainly not nearly enough connections between the two to call it a "spoof of The Wicker Man."[/i]
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

Gay for Cock wrote:

Would that be the "meet me at three o'clock: I'm going to rape you" movie?
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Stereo Sound Agent 1971 wrote:
Gay for Cock wrote:

yes.. its a classic.. not sure how it relates to Gummo though
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

Big Nothing - 7/10 Simon Pegg plays an American very well. Watch after the credits.
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

chrusti(ns)anity wrote:
Vlygar the Impregnable wrote:Hot Fuzz - 7/10 pretty much a spoof of the wicker man.
hardly. there's one direct reference to it (Edward Woodward saying "oh god, no") and aside from that, all I can think of is the whole city cop being fucked around by conspiring residents of a small town thing. Nothing direct, and the overall story has far more connections to action/cop/mystery movie cliches. There are certainly not nearly enough connections between the two to call it a "spoof of The Wicker Man."[/i]

It's a spoof of action films in general but yeah, you got the main point of what I was making too.
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

zombiehead wrote:
Gay for Cock wrote:

The white trash kid that says "I'm going to rape you" > all of Gummo.
"It is the maze that dreams. And I am lost."
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

zombiehead wrote:
Gay for Cock wrote:

Me either. But I had a friend Ben up in Portland that was a dead-ringer for "RAPE YOU" kid. We showed him that movie, and I don't think it was the best decision. Kid got ideas.
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

Behind the Mask; The Rise of Leslie Vernon - 8/10 Mockumentary on the preparation and behind the scenes of a slasher killer. Robert Englund and Zelda Rubenstein make appearances. I like how they use the Talking Heads Psycho Killer song during the credits.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! It's worth making a thread about it when more people see this.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Vlygar the Impregnable wrote:I like how they use the Talking Heads Psycho Killer song during the credits.
You really pick up on the subtle stuff, don't you?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Vlygar the Impregnable wrote:Behind the Mask; The Rise of Leslie Vernon - 8/10 Mockumentary on the preparation and behind the scenes of a slasher killer. Robert Englund and Zelda Rubenstein make appearances. I like how they use the Talking Heads Psycho Killer song during the credits.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! It's worth making a thread about it when more people see this.
that sounds extremely lame...
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

zombiehead wrote:
Vlygar the Impregnable wrote:Behind the Mask; The Rise of Leslie Vernon - 8/10 Mockumentary on the preparation and behind the scenes of a slasher killer. Robert Englund and Zelda Rubenstein make appearances. I like how they use the Talking Heads Psycho Killer song during the credits.

that sounds extremely lame...
That's because I'm describing it, it's really fun. C'mon, Freddy Krueger and the "Head towards the light" lady from Poltergeist.
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

Scarface - 9/10 Thats right, I gave it a fucking nine. That movie rules so hard. Is it overrated by the ghetto fabulous crowd for all the wrong reasons? Hell yes. But that doesn't stop this movie from kicking ass. Ridiculously over the top violence, drugs, accents, everything. This movie revels in its excess and at the same time seems to warn against said excess. How can you not love a movie where a guy is killed by a chainsaw? Where a guy raises hell in the middle of a fancy restaurant, telling all the rich snobs they "need people like him so they can point their fingers and say hes the bad guy"? Where it has twisted humor like "I'm not going to kill you..." "Oh thank you!" "Manolo, shoot this piece of shit." Where one guy takes down thirty people? Ridiculous? Yes. Awesome? YES.

Tony Montana is not a role model but damn if he isn't an awesome, and completely fucked up, character.
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

Magick Sam wrote:
Iron Goldie wrote:Scarface - 9/10 Thats right, I gave it a fucking nine. That movie rules so hard. Is it overrated by the ghetto fabulous crowd for all the wrong reasons? Hell yes. But that doesn't stop this movie from kicking ass. Ridiculously over the top violence, drugs, accents, everything. This movie revels in its excess and at the same time seems to warn against said excess. How can you not love a movie where a guy is killed by a chainsaw? Where a guy raises hell in the middle of a fancy restaurant, telling all the rich snobs they "need people like him so they can point their fingers and say hes the bad guy"? Where it has twisted humor like "I'm not going to kill you..." "Oh thank you!" "Manolo, shoot this piece of shit." Where one guy takes down thirty people? Ridiculous? Yes. Awesome? YES.

Tony Montana is not a role model but damn if he isn't an awesome, and completely fucked up, character.
I don't respect you anymore.
:( weepsk!
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

attack of the killer tomatoes - 4/10
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I think I love my wife: 2/10
Hot Fuzz: 9/10
88 Minutes: 8/10