Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
MPD
ANSU++

The Woman in the Window - 7
Herself - 6.5
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:24 am You Don't Know Jack - 8/10 - Pacino was fucking great as Kevorkian. The scene of him walking down the aisle in the prison at the end was fucking amazing. Really well done TV movie that I meant to check out years ago and never got around to it.
I didn't know this existed, I'll have to check this out

while ago I heard Kevorkian's jazz music stuff and I thought it was generally excellent
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

Army of the Dead - I'd give it a 5/10, not really as bad as some reviews made it out to be, but definitely nothing I'd have wanted to pay $10 for. Total waste of the concept is a real shame - it's a fucking great premise.

Opening credits were great in a popcorn way, and the 'hallway full of sleepers' is a historic top-10 zombie scene imo. Aside from that, everything everyone said is true. I'm wondering if the other tie-in material Netflix is making will be any good (animated show, prequel, etc) - just holding out hope that some of this could be salvaged.

The 'smart alpha zombie' idea fucking sucks imo, or at least it was executed terribly. Having that queen lady prance around doing a mean-looking dance was fucking stupid as shit. Just show her being smart, why should she make music video poses all the time? Some flashbacks to the 'borg queen' idea pretty much ruining the idea of depersonalization in Star Trek, giving a relatable motive to the inscrutable force just sorta sucks, it's not the right time for sympathetic villain shit.

I'd put it on par with those Resident Evil movies, though. Never ever want to watch another one of those, but you niggas with the 0/10 scores are exaggerating.
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
MPD
ANSU++

Here Alone - 6.5
The Marksman - 4
Necrophilic Mallard
I'm not very smart.

Sound of Metal - 2
Had low expectations going in, and was still underwhelmed.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
MPD
ANSU++

Ironweed - 7.5
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

the 0/10 scores are exaggerating.
only MPD did that! I simply turned it off before the halfway point 8)

it watched some more tonight because I was curious to see the legendary dead pixels. it turns out the Operation-inspired sleeping zombies scene is dead pixel central… and I agree that the scene did seem decent! the zombie tiger looked fucking great too.

I’m super curious about the physical basis behind the orbiting/flickering mini dead pixels that hang out around the main dead pixel. are we seeing electron orbitals encoded into a netflix movies?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Sneakers - 10/10

top 3 movie...when I was young, there used to be a video rental place inside of a grocery store

I'm sure I've talked about this film before,,, but there is actually nothing so comforting, fun, yet still oddly mystical

truly one of the greatest films of all time
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

it’s a fucking classic
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
godofdeadlydeath
I hate your life.

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:55 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:24 am You Don't Know Jack - 8/10 - Pacino was fucking great as Kevorkian. The scene of him walking down the aisle in the prison at the end was fucking amazing. Really well done TV movie that I meant to check out years ago and never got around to it.
I didn't know this existed, I'll have to check this out

while ago I heard Kevorkian's jazz music stuff and I thought it was generally excellent
It was an HBO TV movie a while back but it's on HBO Max now. Great cast, John Goodman plays his right hand man.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
MPD
ANSU++

The Ticket of Leave Man - 6
The Shadow of China Town - 6.5
Necrophilic Mallard
I'm not very smart.

Tenet - 7
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

The Amusement Park - 7

Romero does an industrial film for a Lutheran church about the plights old people face during their last years and it comes off as Bernie Sanders PSA made in the Twilight Zone. George has a cameo where he rants about old people drivers.

The Conjuring 3 - 2

Want to watch tired, milquetoast horror cliches get vanquished by the power of love? Then I got a series of shitty movies for you!
scratching at the coffin
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

Whee of the Dead wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 am The Amusement Park - 7

Romero does an industrial film for a Lutheran church about the plights old people face during their last years and it comes off as Bernie Sanders PSA made in the Twilight Zone. George has a cameo where he rants about old people drivers.
Im waiting to watch this - i want to be in the perfect headspace. Knowing that this is probably the last new Romero I'll ever see is very emotional for me. Ive seen ALL of his stuff- Everything. His shit is like a lightningbolt through my life, and its powerful that this is the last story.

Ive heard mixed things about the movie, but getting to experience his voice one more time, I almost don't care what it's saying. Happy someone finally brought this out.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:59 pm
Whee of the Dead wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 am The Amusement Park - 7

Im waiting to watch this - i want to be in the perfect headspace. Knowing that this is probably the last new Romero I'll ever see is very emotional for me. Ive seen ALL of his stuff- Everything. His shit is like a lightningbolt through my life, and its powerful that this is the last story.

Ive heard mixed things about the movie, but getting to experience his voice one more time, I almost don't care what it's saying. Happy someone finally brought this out.
There's another short/PSA thing that the Romero Foundation is working on right now!

I recommend The Amusement Park if you're a total completist. It's so bizarre when you think of the original intentions it spawned from. Saw it at an Alamo in Austin and giggled when a few horror nerds left semi-bickering, as if they were thinking someone uncovered a lost Dawn of the Dead or such.

I'll always love Romero, even when his stuff got dopey in the second half of his career. He made more legit horror classics than most and his style was stronger than most. Even a second tier film of his like The Crazies was miles ahead of most stuff.
scratching at the coffin
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

bad trip - ?/10. maybe a 4? maybe a 5 or 6? this sucks so fucking much but also made me laugh pretty good. ross, theres a lot of white chicks references and i think its worth a view for you but trust me, its fucking awful yet somehow not
formerly ghost boner
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Censor - 4/10

This pride month jimmy buffet fan shit is getting out of hand
THE KILL
I hate your life.

The Troll Hunter - 7/10
Pretty watchable and at times even scary, the found footage style works well in this. Norway is incredibly beautiful.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Psycho - 10
Saw it at the recently reopened Paramount Theater in Austin. A gorgeous, old theater which was the perfect place to revisit it.

Saw it with my girlfriend and her coworkers who I were sure were going to have some :what: level opinions about an old black and white movie but they all seemed to really like it even though most of it was spoiled by pop culture references. Still a masterpiece. Janet Leigh was a babe.
scratching at the coffin
MPD
ANSU++

Sabotage (1936) - 7
The Ring (1927) - 6
At Play in the Fields of the Lord - 5.5
Little Monsters - 3
Contracted - 3
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Justice League vs Teen Titans: they literally made Deathstroke a pedophile.

The whole DC New 52 animated universe run wasn’t bad at all, although Apokolipse War was wannabe End Game, big time. These dang cartoons got progressively very violent and such filthy language. Also, I hate nu-Wonder Woman.
THE KILL
I hate your life.

Samurai Cop - 5/10
Made me giggle a few times, but all in all I guess I wasn't in the right mood for it? Will watch it again with a mate who's a great fan of the retarded Flash Gordon film.

Maniac Cop - 7/10
Much less gory than I thought it would be, but enjoyed it nevertheless. Bruce Campbell is great in serious roles.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

maniac cop 2 is where its at, homes. i mean 1 rules but 2 crushes it
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

The Bill wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:39 am Justice League vs Teen Titans: they literally made Deathstroke a pedophile.

The whole DC New 52 animated universe run wasn’t bad at all, although Apokolipse War was wannabe End Game, big time. These dang cartoons got progressively very violent and such filthy language. Also, I hate nu-Wonder Woman.
I mean, Deathstroke and Terra were a thing in the OG comics, in the original Judas Contract arc. It's weird as shit to look at it these days. The context was just different back then, it was more like he was leading her along and manipulating a naive teen kid, not so much a WHY DONT YOU TAKE A SEAT I'M CHRIS HANSEN WITH THE JAILBAIT JUSTICE LEAGUE type shit.

I kinda dropped off by the end of those movies, I watched the two you mentioned though and enjoyed em both, especially JLvTT. I generally thought the first act of every movie was fun, but by the big fight at the end I get bored. They really went fucking crazy overboard with the edginess of Apokolips War - I genuinely found that unnecessarily depressing, and I'm normally very fucking amused by retarded teenage edgelord superhero shit.

Only thing I fuckin hated about that movie was MMA Lois Lane in mad max boxing ring... wtf was that?!

Best movies out of all of those New 52 style ones, for me - Flashpoint Paradox, Death/Return of Superman, Assault on Arkham, and I guess Hell to Pay.

In the middle of that whole 2010s barrage of N52 movies, they made a standalone one called Gods and Monsters - one of the best fucking DC cartoons ever made. Bruce Timm made a whole universe from scratch, like re-imagined everything in a brand new take, and it was absolutely fantastic. But nobody watched it! Weept
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Yeah. I’ll get to Gods and Monsters after I’m done with another animated movie run. Went way backwards and rewatched Sups/Bats Public Enemy. Animation was rough but I remember liking shit like Doom and the one where Sups and chick Sups have a literal barn burner with Darkseid in Smallville at the end.

The fist fight between Lane & Quinn was fucking lame. And quite frankly Harley has lost all the charm from the Batman animated series. She needs to be shelved. When you make Deadpool seem calm there’s a problem. If anything the 52 run makes we want reread/read old Swamp Thing and Hellblazer.

Looking through the only stuff I’ve been watching like WCW, DC, and older Cartoon Network I have to thank Turner/WB for rescuing me from the worst year of TV I can ever remember.