Latest Gene Wolfe book you read (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Re: Latest book you read (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

“Swing Time”- Zadie Smith 7.5/10

Crime And Punishment- 10/10
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Hogg- Samuel Delaney

Probably the only novel I’ve been uncomfortable reading with anyone else in the room.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Almost done with Gulliver’s Travels

The chapter involving the “Struldbrugs” was amazingly depressing.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

“The Neon Bible” - John Kennedy Toole

Incredibly mournful. Astounding this was written by a 16 year old.
Ill body
/
Ill will
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

the testments - atwood - eh

midnight robber - nalo hopkinson - :tup:
Image Certified Poster
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

A Confederacy Of Dunces.

I’m assuming the Jew broad eventually rapes his fat ass. I guess we’ll never know.
Ill body
/
Ill will
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

featherboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:49 am the testments - atwood - eh

id like to know more :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

I dunno. I wasn't motivated to read it in the first place and it just felt like a slog.
Image Certified Poster
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

10/10. As if we needed any more proof of the biological veracity of classical racial categories, this is the final nail in the coffin of the jewish post modern "blank slate" lie.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

tabula rasa thought-thread is aristotle -> aquinas -> enlightenment

what a bunch of kikes
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

MeatGrease wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:26 pm Image

10/10. As if we needed any more proof of the biological veracity of classical racial categories, this is the final nail in the coffin of the jewish post modern "blank slate" lie.
I kind of pegged you for a “Garfield Sucks His Own Cock” kinda guy.
Ill body
/
Ill will
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

MeatGrease wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:26 pm Image

i grew up in south florida. down here, more than the bush era neocon bullshit, the popularity of nu metal as a cultural force is what really prepared me mentally for people like you
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:14 pm tabula rasa thought-thread is aristotle -> aquinas -> enlightenment

what a bunch of kikes
I know way, way, way more about this topic than you, so quickly without blowing you the fuck out too bad, first of all the enlightenment was a huge mistake. Secondly tabula rasa was dead after Darwin, everyone who follows this stuff knows that I'm referring to second wave, Gouldian, jewish post marxist destruction of scientific anthropology, which was replaced with the BS we have now.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

researchgrease :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:24 pm
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:14 pm tabula rasa thought-thread is aristotle -> aquinas -> enlightenment

what a bunch of kikes
I know way, way, way more about this topic than you, so quickly without blowing you.
No matter who you're talking to or what you're talking about on here, you do not know more than any of us about anything, you community college attending, manual labor performing trash.

I don't know why you're skimping on the oral though. If you're interactions with Riley tell us anything, it's that it might be oneof the few skills you have.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:24 pm

what a bunch of kikes
I know way, way, way more about this topic than you, so quickly without blowing you.
Double post directed at a single loser.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

MeatGrease wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:24 pm I know way, way, way more about this topic than you, so quickly without blowing you the fuck out too bad, first of all the enlightenment was a huge mistake. Secondly tabula rasa was dead after Darwin, everyone who follows this stuff knows that I'm referring to second wave, Gouldian, jewish post marxist destruction of scientific anthropology, which was replaced with the BS we have now.
You absolutely don't. You obviously don't have a background in philosophy at all - you haven't had an education or guided experience, and you aren't an autodidact. You're not stupid, but most of what you know clearly comes from cursory internet browsing.

You'll have a bunch of excuses as to why this is the case, and the ways in which your approach would be superior, but these are lies. Something about the university system or your teachers being flawed. You have a mental genealogy of names and ideas, but most of these are things you got from propaganda-sources or popular science communicators, which leave you anemic and visibly underdeveloped.

Again I don't think you're a dumb dude, but you haven't put the work in - you should stop pretending that you have, because that won't fix your problems.

If you ever wanted to have a discussion about any of this you should PM me, I'd absolutely put in the time.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:48 pm
MeatGrease wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:24 pm I know way, way, way more about this topic than you, so quickly without blowing you the fuck out too bad, first of all the enlightenment was a huge mistake. Secondly tabula rasa was dead after Darwin, everyone who follows this stuff knows that I'm referring to second wave, Gouldian, jewish post marxist destruction of scientific anthropology, which was replaced with the BS we have now.
You absolutely don't. You obviously don't have a background in philosophy at all - you haven't had an education or guided experience, and you aren't an autodidact. You're not stupid, but most of what you know clearly comes from cursory internet browsing.

You'll have a bunch of excuses as to why this is the case, and the ways in which your approach would be superior, but these are lies. Something about the university system or your teachers being flawed. You have a mental genealogy of names and ideas, but most of these are things you got from propaganda-sources or popular science communicators, which leave you anemic and visibly underdeveloped.

Again I don't think you're a dumb dude, but you haven't put the work in - you should stop pretending that you have, because that won't fix your problems.

If you ever wanted to have a discussion about any of this you should PM me, I'd absolutely put in the time.
Nothing but ad homs :roll:

If you have a real critique I'd be happy to explain whatever to you but otherwise don't waste my time because I'm serious about the work I do
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Nothing but ad homs :roll:

If you have a real critique I'd be happy to explain whatever to you but otherwise don't waste my time because I'm serious about the work I do
The work you do?
Fixing trails?

I'm paid (handsomely) for "the work I do." How much are you pulling in a year pestering people who dislike you and viciously make fun of you on a third-tier metal-oriented message board?

If you're "a serious person" you're doing a shit job coming across as such because everyone treats you like a fucking doofus. Being humorless and less personable than a fern doesn't make you "serious," it makes you an unlikable, boring dweeb.
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Stop giving this dork the benefit of the doubt; he's absolutely dumber than a second coat of paint. Sadly, through the miracle of 4chan/reddit, kids who would have respectfully listened to "shut it, dummy" a decade or so ago now have online support groups reassuring them "academia/your employers/people doing better than you just can't recognize how brilliant you are (despite your complete lack of accomplishments and qualifications.)"
MeatGrease wrote:

MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Rama II - 9
Garden of Rama - 7
Rama Revealed - 7
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

The Enlightenment of the Greengage Tree - Shokoofeh Azar
Image Certified Poster
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

“Daring Young Man On The Flying Trapeze” - William Saroyan 10/10.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Reading list for the end of humanity:

William Gass - “The Tunnel” ( this is like if James Joyce was a misanthrope)

Kafka - collected works

Becket - Malone / Malloy Dies / The Unnameable

Faulkner - The Sound And The Fury/As I Lay Dying/ Light In August

Djuna Barnes - “Nightwood”

If I live I want to read more George Saunders
Ill body
/
Ill will
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »