The New Unstoppable MMA Thread!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

riley-o wrote: Cro Cop headkick which would put anyone on their ass INCLUDING Mark Hunt...

You do know that CroCop kicked Hunt in the head to no avail - right? Hunt won the Pride fight by decision.
Jesse
Gear in the Machine

Post by Jesse »

riley-o wrote:
Necrometer wrote:It's so sad to see those two, and Wandy, look like they have broken spirits lately.
What are you basing this on ? He's looked savage and like he's at LEAST trying in both of his last two losses, and what were his KOs ? Cro Cop headkick which would put anyone on their ass INCLUDING Mark Hunt, and that Dan Henderson hook that landed flush on his chin. His nickname is DANGEROUS for heaven's sake ! His nickname is also sometimes Hollywood.

Cro Cop looked like he didn't want to be there for Rds 2&3, which a broken rib certainly explains. I think it's funny that the attitude seems to be like "Well Randy fought on with a broken arm come on, you gotta suck that up !!" Right. BROKEN rib. ugh. Every breath hurts so fucking bad, and he's got Kongo throwing kick after kick at him, and he finished the fight ?! Much respect to Cro Cop, not much to the armchair elitists.
Not to mention that Wandy had a temp of 104 the night before the Henderson rematch. That guy is a warrior through and through.

I'm with Riley on the Cro-cop comments. Broken rib and about 4 groin shots throughout the fight...goddamn he's a tough bastard. Just too bad that it had to go down that way...
Mr. Budd wrote:
riley-o wrote: Cro Cop headkick which would put anyone on their ass INCLUDING Mark Hunt...
You do know that CroCop kicked Hunt in the head to no avail - right? Hunt won the Pride fight by decision.
In K-1 he caught him with one though.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Mr. Budd wrote:

That was their Pride fight when Mirko had an injured foot. They fought in K1 previous to that and Crobocuz sat him down with the LHK.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

<marquee><blink>BROKEN RIB + 4 GROIN BLASTS</blink></marquee>

When they replayed the nutsack knee attacks over and over during the fight, it made me feel dead on the inside. Poor Mirko. Maybe retirement is jumping the gun, but I feel like I haven't seen him really going for it in quite a while. I question if his heart is in the game.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Hey - did you guys know that they fough in K-1 also and CroCop won that one? Crazy right?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Mr. Budd wrote:Hey - did you guys know that they fough in K-1 also and CroCop won that one?
which is why my original comment of Croboslims sittin motherfuckers down was valid and totally awesome.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

riley-o wrote:
Necrometer wrote:It's so sad to see those two, and Wandy, look like they have broken spirits lately.
What are you basing this on ? He's looked savage and like he's at LEAST trying in both of his last two losses, and what were his KOs ? Cro Cop headkick which would put anyone on their ass INCLUDING Mark Hunt, and that Dan Henderson hook that landed flush on his chin. His nickname is DANGEROUS for heaven's sake ! His nickname is also sometimes Hollywood.
I thought he looked half-there against Hendo from what I remember... I honestly cannot remember how timid (if at all) he was looking against Crobo so I could retract that one if public outcry reaches an uproar.

At least one reputable source has my back:
The Houston Chronicle wrote:The loss raises some real questions about Silva, who has long been one of MMA's most compelling and competitive fighters. However, he's now been KO'd in consecutive bouts and is a pedestrian 2-3 in his last five outings. In his last two fights, Silva, 30, has simply not looked like the same fighter who ripped through opponents earlier this decade.

Are we witnessing the beginning of the end for Silva as a truly elite mixed martial artist?

Hahahaha, remember how Gomi looked during his Diaz fight from that Pride event? It was like someone sucked out his soul after the first round...
Last edited by Necrometer on Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

If I remember correctly, Wandy was stalking down CroCop, who was walking backwards when he unloaded that mammoth head kick and tucked Wandy into bed for the night. That kick even came with free bonus cut on Wandy's head.
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Not the way I saw it. Wandy knew he was borderline cut-stoppage and had no choice but to go balls out before the eye closed. All heart and props to Wandy but him, and crocop are nowhere near their peaks.

I think the shelf-life on nowadays MMA champs is REALLY short.
Hostage Grenade
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hostage Grenade »

I want to post about a more important topic than the actual fights. This needs to be addressed immediately in the UFC.

Mike Goldberg.

This guy needs to go. I know its been said a million times before, but Im starting to notice some things about the chemistry between Rogan and him now.

Rogan, love him or hate him, really knows his shit, and its obvious with each passing PPV his knowledge is growing. You can tell he is really absorbing everything MMA has to offer.....even hanging out with the fighters judging by his comments on the PPV's. Goldberg on the other hand, seems like a guy who goes home every night and passes out with a bottle in his hand, burning his furniture with neglected lit cigars.

Joe Rogan is starting to really show him up and I think even Goldberg is starting to sound self concious about how DUMB he is when it comes to the sport. He's starting to hate Joe Rogan and despise his knowledge.

Goldberg will say something dumb, Rogan will snap back like "No no no, insert witty comment here". Goldberg will then SWITCH his view and agree with Rogan. You can tell its driving Goldberg NUTS!!

Maybe Im reading way too much into this.....but does anyone feel me on any level with this?
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Hostage Grenade wrote:Mike Goldberg.
It could be worse. It could be Bill Goldberg. Have you heard him do commentary for EliteXC events? Jesus Christ!
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Hahaha, I don't listen to those guys that much... but Rogan is a love to hate type guy for me. I don't think anyone could do his job better.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Rogan knows what he's talking about he's a BJJ brown belt under Eddie Bravo and Jean Jacques Machado so he has a really strong understanding of exactly what's going on on the ground in fights. He's a bit of a goof with a limited vocabulary "that guy has CARAAAAAZY striking", "that guy is CARAAAAAZY strong!", etc. but he's worked as hard as anyone at Zuffa to get MMA into the mainstream.
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Hostage Grenade
How's them beans, ma?

Teufel wrote:Rogan knows what he's talking about he's a BJJ brown belt under Eddie Bravo and Jean Jacques Machado so he has a really strong understanding of exactly what's going on on the ground in fights. He's a bit of a goof with a limited vocabulary "that guy has CARAAAAAZY striking", "that guy is CARAAAAAZY strong!", etc. but he's worked as hard as anyone at Zuffa to get MMA into the mainstream.
Rogan has a pretty established vocabulary actually. Check out his account of a DMT trip on some radio show. Its hilarious. The dude is actually a pretty sharp fucking guy.
Last edited by Hostage Grenade on Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Yeah, I think Rogan is an awesome guy and his knowledge of MMA and announcing skills are only a small part of it. He's funny as shit on stage, he crushes hecklers in the crowd, he's an advocate of the proper use of psychadelic drugs, and most of his opinions have a very solid base and he explains them clearly and intelligently.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

I've been a Joe Rogan fan since News Radio. I know a lot of people hate him, but a lot of people are gay with AIDS too.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Kharitonov vs. Overeem Saturday.

WAR ANY OTHER ORG THAN UFC. Monopoly is bad for MMA.

Come back strong Sergei.
Hostage Grenade
How's them beans, ma?

Mr. Budd wrote:Kharitonov vs. Overeem Saturday.

WAR ANY OTHER ORG THAN UFC. Monopoly is bad for MMA.

Come back strong Sergei.
Stop with the Jim Rome lingo you douche. Fucking nerd. :)
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

I don't smoke enough pot anymore to sound like Rogan.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Mr. Budd wrote:I don't smoke enough pot anymore to sound like Rogan.
Why the fuck not? Also, I get the impression Goldberg is there because he's a corporate guy. Rogan is there for quick wit and great announcing. Goldberg is there because he reads off upcoming events, talks up guest announcers (Couture), and generally has that radio-guy vibe about him. Total corporate puppet.

I counted at least 3 shots to Mirko's groin, by the way. I was really surprised Kongo didn't get a point taken away.
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

Teufel wrote:I've been a Joe Rogan fan since News Radio. I know a lot of people hate him, but a lot of people are gay with AIDS too.
That's a really good point.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I can not stand either one of them.

Rogan can only shout talk, the other guy is like Jim Lampely-lite in the same way that Bruce Buffer isn't as good as Michael.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

I wonder what it's like for a deaf person to get drunk?
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

The uncontrollable urge to sing karaoke, just like the rest of us.