The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

spacehamster wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:09 am
The Bill wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:07 am
Wait now. I can’t even think about turning Ray Tracing on without hoping to lose at least 30 fps. LEAST! You sure it runs that well.
It's probably just because my PC's totally overpowered for the 1080/60 I need it to put out. IIRC you have 4K, so I dunno how it's going to look on there. I did watch the Digital Foundry Youtube review before I tried it, though, and they also said it's surprising how little it impacts performance.
I'm still getting 200+fps everything maxed, rt on, and dlss off at 2560x1440.

Game is ridiculously well optimized
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

I don’t have a RTX card, I think it’s called GT. Can’t ever do DLSS. Always grayed out. Seems bullshit. It’s alright, though. Honestly, playing through my massive Steam back catalogue and console emulation is of more importance/interest to me for now.

Still have to play that damn Metriod Prime.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

I have an RTX 2080 Super and it's hooked up to a 1080p TV, so you can probably imagine... pretty much anything runs at 60 FPS with that setup these days.

I've generally found, though, that it's definitely kinda fun running older games with maxed-out settings. Titanfall 2 has this insanely nice supersampling that I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to use with my old PC when it originally came out, and now it looks so pretty, it makes my eyes water.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

spacehamster wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:47 am I have an RTX 2080 Super and it's hooked up to a 1080p TV, so you can probably imagine... pretty much anything runs at 60 FPS with that setup these days.

I've generally found, though, that it's definitely kinda fun running older games with maxed-out settings. Titanfall 2 has this insanely nice supersampling that I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to use with my old PC when it originally came out, and now it looks so pretty, it makes my eyes water.
Titanfall 2 is beautifully done. Can run that 4K, Max settings, 60+ frames.

It’s crazy, but games at 1080p look blurry to me now. I even run Gamecube and NES games at 4K. It’s getting 4Krazy!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

The Bill wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:19 am Titanfall 2 is beautifully done. Can run that 4K, Max settings, 60+ frames.
Campaign drags a bit in the second half, though. Maybe the time travel level should've been later in the game, it really kind of peaks there and then it just goes on for another few hours for no particular reason and the environments don't look as good. I actually played the MP a bit this time, and it was pretty fun considering I usually hate these kinds of things.

I think I might play Stranglehold next.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Went to an arcade/bar in Florida. Beat the X-Men arcade game with the kids. Then daughter and I became WWF Tag Team Champions of the world by defeating the fucking Road Warriors with Demolition. Going to need Riley to come in here and remind me whom Ax is and whom Smash is. Also, modern pinball game of late 80’s Ninja Turtles might be the greatest pinball game of all time.

Also, also, they had an emulator machine and I need to play these SOTN gameboy advanced ones.

Triple also, i miss playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Valve’s hand held steam system has me curious. Quite curious, indeed.
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

Yeah that thing has serious potential. I'm a huge handheld guy, moreso than tv-consoles... that thing could be a beast.
I don't really care if it's capable of playing the latest AAA PC titles exactly as a tower would... more curious if like, new software specific to the machine gets developed, or of it's open enough that anyone can write their own code for it without doing firmware jailbreak etc.

If they don't totally botch the thing it's an obvious Switch killer, and if any of the above come to pass it could be GOAT status.
Could also be yet another gizmo that you buy and use twice before forgetting it in a backpack somewhere idk.
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life