The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by abdominalpillaging »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:09 am
The Bill wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:07 am
Wait now. I can’t even think about turning Ray Tracing on without hoping to lose at least 30 fps. LEAST! You sure it runs that well.
It's probably just because my PC's totally overpowered for the 1080/60 I need it to put out. IIRC you have 4K, so I dunno how it's going to look on there. I did watch the Digital Foundry Youtube review before I tried it, though, and they also said it's surprising how little it impacts performance.
I'm still getting 200+fps everything maxed, rt on, and dlss off at 2560x1440.

Game is ridiculously well optimized
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I don’t have a RTX card, I think it’s called GT. Can’t ever do DLSS. Always grayed out. Seems bullshit. It’s alright, though. Honestly, playing through my massive Steam back catalogue and console emulation is of more importance/interest to me for now.

Still have to play that damn Metriod Prime.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I have an RTX 2080 Super and it's hooked up to a 1080p TV, so you can probably imagine... pretty much anything runs at 60 FPS with that setup these days.

I've generally found, though, that it's definitely kinda fun running older games with maxed-out settings. Titanfall 2 has this insanely nice supersampling that I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to use with my old PC when it originally came out, and now it looks so pretty, it makes my eyes water.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:47 am I have an RTX 2080 Super and it's hooked up to a 1080p TV, so you can probably imagine... pretty much anything runs at 60 FPS with that setup these days.

I've generally found, though, that it's definitely kinda fun running older games with maxed-out settings. Titanfall 2 has this insanely nice supersampling that I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to use with my old PC when it originally came out, and now it looks so pretty, it makes my eyes water.
Titanfall 2 is beautifully done. Can run that 4K, Max settings, 60+ frames.

It’s crazy, but games at 1080p look blurry to me now. I even run Gamecube and NES games at 4K. It’s getting 4Krazy!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:19 am Titanfall 2 is beautifully done. Can run that 4K, Max settings, 60+ frames.
Campaign drags a bit in the second half, though. Maybe the time travel level should've been later in the game, it really kind of peaks there and then it just goes on for another few hours for no particular reason and the environments don't look as good. I actually played the MP a bit this time, and it was pretty fun considering I usually hate these kinds of things.

I think I might play Stranglehold next.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Went to an arcade/bar in Florida. Beat the X-Men arcade game with the kids. Then daughter and I became WWF Tag Team Champions of the world by defeating the fucking Road Warriors with Demolition. Going to need Riley to come in here and remind me whom Ax is and whom Smash is. Also, modern pinball game of late 80’s Ninja Turtles might be the greatest pinball game of all time.

Also, also, they had an emulator machine and I need to play these SOTN gameboy advanced ones.

Triple also, i miss playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Valve’s hand held steam system has me curious. Quite curious, indeed.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Yeah that thing has serious potential. I'm a huge handheld guy, moreso than tv-consoles... that thing could be a beast.
I don't really care if it's capable of playing the latest AAA PC titles exactly as a tower would... more curious if like, new software specific to the machine gets developed, or of it's open enough that anyone can write their own code for it without doing firmware jailbreak etc.

If they don't totally botch the thing it's an obvious Switch killer, and if any of the above come to pass it could be GOAT status.
Could also be yet another gizmo that you buy and use twice before forgetting it in a backpack somewhere idk.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So, I came back from vacation and decided to actually play this Resident Evil 6. Oh, boy! First of all, it's sort of unplayable without an infinite ammo cheat. Hey, you'll still die constantly due to random bullshit any way, so fuck it. Thing is the first campaign ( Leon ) has gems of good in it. Plus, I think Leon's whole reason to do this is to bang an Asian and Jennifer Love Hewitt clone at the same time. I can get behind this. Second campaign is Chris. He's a big drunk and likes medium rare steaks. The game becomes Call of Duty with not Call of Duty controls. Also, half of it makes no sense compared to Leon's adventure, unless Leon is truly determined to get himself some Asian underwear sushi, and the world be damned for it. Eh, Chris likes to get drunk and eat medium rare steaks. I can get behind this. There are two more campaigns to go. Last one staring the a fore mentioned Asian puntang whom is either the most vile evil thing or misunderstood whatever. Then there is Jake. I've only seen Jake in random interactions with Leon and Chris via their play through. Hmm? Jake is obviously the early 2K stereotypical emo douche. You know, "I think the 2005 remake of The Hills Have Eyes is better than the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre" type. They make EXTREME 90's skate boarder dude and 80's "like oh my god" yuppie fucks seem like best friends I want as roommates. Yet, now a days, I'll take the emo over the "triggered" multi-gender pussy ass bitches. But, that settling for smelling a dog's dump versus a fat guy's Budweiser fueled Benihana dinner diarrhea. ANYHOW!!!!! Should I continue? I guess it will all make the next game I play seem better. Maybe? I don't know anymore. I think it's better than 5, though. RE5 was rotten.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Dear lord, I apologize for the post above. I guess I just wanted to talk games. Um, it was all about Resident Evil 6, which makes it all the more embarrassing. Game was an okay action game, but poor Resident Evil game (both game play and story wise).

Now playing Neir Replicant. Sort of hated it for awhile and almost quite, but I stuck with it and it’s warmed up to me a bunch.

They released a free “remater” of original Quake if you already own it on Steam. The NIN soundtrack is back too. Also, excellent controller support.

Been getting into these early access retro FPSers. Prodeus, Viserafest, and Dread Templar are all top fucking notch. If you want pre-Halo first person shooting look into them. Medium rare filet mignon!
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

BUY SPICE
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

:fp:
Last edited by The Bill on Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

And then you realize you drank too much and posted in the wrong thread. Eh, no one cares.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

:fp:
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Man, how can you get fucked up so often? Don't you have a wife and children living in the same house? Not saying you shouldn't drink so much, just wondering how you can hide it so well...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:52 am Man, how can you get fucked up so often? Don't you have a wife and children living in the same house? Not saying you shouldn't drink so much, just wondering how you can hide it so well...
Had a few days of nothing to do, and usually the booze doesn’t hit me till everyone is in bed. We’re going away again and then school starts, so getting it in now.

Now playing (re-attempting) Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Don’t remember why I quite playing it many years ago. Digging it!
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

I've never much cared for Metroid style games, but I got Blasphemous a few days ago and I'm addicted.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Ive really enjoyed playing Hades, and hated myself for playing Cold War & Fortnite .

Village didn’t keep my attention, I played to the end of the first chapter & lost motivation.

The kids got keen to play VR again so I got high when they went to bed and tried out Star Wars Squadrons and its a lot of fun.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Another bucket list FPSer checked off. Twas good, but did have issues. Solid B+ title.

Going to relay Star Trek Elite Forces which is now available on GOG. Don’t know what magic GOG does because I haven’t been able to get the game to run correctly from my ancient physical copy since Windows 98.

Also will start Rhode Island’s shame Kingdom of Alumar (spelling?). There was a super group of developers behind this, right? Todd McFarlain, some proper D&D writer, and such.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Geoff posted about that game and studio a lot, I think there was a thread about it - you may be able to search for it. I think Kurt Schilling dumped his entire fortune into it and Lost It All My Empire Of Dirt.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Also pretty cool bc Todd McFarlane has been bankrupted by sports at least twice that I'm aware of, pretty hilarious shit
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Yeah, I remember the Kurt Schilling debacle part of all that. Geoff was mostly invested because it involved a dirty Red Sox.

I actually won’t start that game, though. Going to go through some horror/evil type games (for Halloween and autumn, I guess). Still starting with Star Trek. The Borg are space zombies and there are alien type monster waiz, menz, in the game if I remember. Maybe that vampire game they spell with a “Y”.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 pm Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Another bucket list FPSer checked off. Twas good, but did have issues. Solid B+ title.
Did you get it to run with a decent framerate? It seems like no matter what I do, it runs like shit, and I wonder if the framerate's capped at 30.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:40 am
The Bill wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 pm Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Another bucket list FPSer checked off. Twas good, but did have issues. Solid B+ title.
Did you get it to run with a decent framerate? It seems like no matter what I do, it runs like shit, and I wonder if the framerate's capped at 30.
It ran 60 frames, 4K, max settings*, and with 2 nVidia reshade/ansel filters on WHEN IT MATTERED. Combat, platforming, and dialogue challenges were perfect. Yet, boy, the game would dip, hitch, and stutter at random points like turning down a different street. I think that game would try to load assets or level areas without a loading screen at times. Some of those long ass elevator rides were obvious covers for level loading. This was the so called Director’s Cut Edition, so maybe that version is uncapped.

Still very undecided on what “horror” title I should play besides Star Trek. Maybe that Ghostbusters games or replay Doom 3. I’ll get to RE8 when it’s colder out. I’m like the feng shui video game master retard, over here.

*usually don’t actually max antialiasing if running at 4K or 1440p.