The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Donkey Kong Country 2 is on the SNES virtual console on Switch now and fuck, this game is as awesome and challenging as I remember.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Now playing Totally Rad for the NES. But is it actually totally rad?!

http://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/wp- ... Manual.pdf

I do enjoy the manual writer adding a photo of his righteous babe.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I played through to the Phallanx demon in the first level of Demon's SOuls on PS5 without dying and then fell off some stairs and died back in the Nexus.

Then I fired up Valhalla and I'm 19 hours in.

PS5 is delish.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'm declaring a moratorium on all PS5 talk until I get one and my jealousy is manageable
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

If it makes you feel better my controller isn’t charging on standby....

The wonderful life alteringly best PS controller ever...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

It's crazy that the PS5 is nearly as large as my 70's record player. The controller is what makes it feel like a "next gen" experience for me. Here's to a grim winter indoors!
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Yeah, it's replaced my PS4 pro in my entertainment unit and not looks like another shelf. I would like to get some black fins to make it less look like a tower fan on its side.

Do you find the controller goes flat fast?
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Bill wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:26 pm Now playing Totally Rad for the NES. But is it actually totally rad?!

http://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/wp- ... Manual.pdf

I do enjoy the manual writer adding a photo of his righteous babe.
Never heard of this till you posted it, looks fucking awesome. NES games with vague titles are the best, because I'll ignore them for years assuming it's shit, only to find out it's a gem I'd been overlooking.
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:12 am Donkey Kong Country 2 is on the SNES virtual console on Switch now and fuck, this game is as awesome and challenging as I remember.
I love that one the most out of all 3... Dixie's helicopter glide changes the game. The nautical/pirate theme works so well with the music... something about the 90s always feels aquatic to me.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:36 pm Yeah, it's replaced my PS4 pro in my entertainment unit and not looks like another shelf. I would like to get some black fins to make it less look like a tower fan on its side.

Do you find the controller goes flat fast?
Yes, definitely. It lasts about 4-5 hours -- but that was when I played the Astrobot game quite a bit. Games that aren't so heavy on the vibration/audio effects, I think might not be as bad? My controller also isn't charging during standby - but I'm sure that will be fixed pretty soon. I blew through all storage after installing a bunch of the PS plus collection, most of which I've never played.

But for a console launched during a pandemic, I am very impressed!
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Hunter wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:51 pm
doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:36 pm
Yes, definitely. It lasts about 4-5 hours -- but that was when I played the Astrobot game quite a bit. Games that aren't so heavy on the vibration/audio effects, I think might not be as bad? My controller also isn't charging during standby - but I'm sure that will be fixed pretty soon. I blew through all storage after installing a bunch of the PS plus collection, most of which I've never played.

But for a console launched during a pandemic, I am very impressed!
I put a 2TB external drive in the back, all PS4 games load onto external storage by default. Ghosts of Tsushima running beautifully of of that.

I got so much trade $ for those PS Plus collection games -it was so good to be able to keep them digitally
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Seems like both new consoles have a bunch of problems. Ridiculous! Speaking of ridic, for some reason I’m replaying coughDukecoughNucoughkemcoughcoughForever.. cough. Oh excuse me.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I’m going to Meatgrease while the Meatgreasing is hot, but Duke Nukem Forever is tonality wonderful during the present political climate. Spoof of Right wing type waiz while taunting the Left to the bejesus and back. Gameplay issues... Yes! PC only because 4 weapons are better than console 2. Frustrating at times because the game is retarded. Still. Theres a great game in here. Also boobs, because boobs do make everything better.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ha! I used to think the ending of DNF was the worst thing I saw in years. I was so wrong and butt hurt after the third to last level then. Having 4 weapons instead of 2 makes this game so much better. And I guess like a drunk idiot I took the game too serious. It’s a spoof of a spoof, be it intentional or not. Gearbox can still go fuck itself, though. Rather play this 5 times a year, then any of the Borderlands ever.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I finished Spider-man last night, and I liked the game a lot. Thanks for reading this post.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Terminator Resistance is pretty damn good.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Started playing Dead Space 2 again, this time on the difficulty level just one step harder than the default one. Couldn't make it through a scene one hour into the game at most, so I said fuck it and went back to basic difficulty. Felt like a wuss though...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:40 am Started playing Dead Space 2 again, this time on the difficulty level just one step harder than the default one. Couldn't make it through a scene one hour into the game at most, so I said fuck it and went back to basic difficulty. Felt like a wuss though...
I re-beat the original around Halloween this year, and started 2. Yet, it was just too much more of the same thing so I abandoned it. It is the superior of the 2, though.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:49 am
THE KILL wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:40 am Started playing Dead Space 2 again, this time on the difficulty level just one step harder than the default one. Couldn't make it through a scene one hour into the game at most, so I said fuck it and went back to basic difficulty. Felt like a wuss though...
I re-beat the original around Halloween this year, and started 2. Yet, it was just too much more of the same thing so I abandoned it. It is the superior of the 2, though.
2 is still great, but yeah, it doesn't feel as fresh as the first one... but man, the sound design is so fucking great in both games. It's iconic almost in the same way as Star Wars' sound design is.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

The Bill wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:26 pm Terminator Resistance is pretty damn good.
Dude I was on the fence about this! The graphics look really cool, and I just fucking LOVE the look/feel of the Terminator world... the music and general imagery work very well for me.

The reveiws were lousy though! I thought MAYBE I would enjoy it because I've barely played FPSes for a decade now, and everything 'new' would seem super shiny and neat for me. Ultimately I just thought 50bux was too much for such a gamble....

BUT YOU'RE GIVING ME THIRD/FOURTH/FIFTH THOUGHTS

MAYBE THERE IS NO FATE BUT WHAT I PAY FOR MYSELF
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

played phasmophobia for 90 fucking minutes and havent gotten a single fucking ghost clue

nice fucking game
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:08 pm
The Bill wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:26 pm Terminator Resistance is pretty damn good.
Dude I was on the fence about this! The graphics look really cool, and I just fucking LOVE the look/feel of the Terminator world... the music and general imagery work very well for me.

The reveiws were lousy though! I thought MAYBE I would enjoy it because I've barely played FPSes for a decade now, and everything 'new' would seem super shiny and neat for me. Ultimately I just thought 50bux was too much for such a gamble....

BUT YOU'RE GIVING ME THIRD/FOURTH/FIFTH THOUGHTS

MAYBE THERE IS NO FATE BUT WHAT I PAY FOR MYSELF
I got it from Steam during the Thanksgiving sale. Don’t remember the cost but far lower than 50 bucks. Less than 20, even. The reviews I saw for it were rather glowing, actually. Not sure what sources you use. I don’t trust most review sites anymore. I prefer a handful of YouTube dudes, whom I’ve deemed to have similar tastes in games with. You know? I have no interest in the opinion of the plethora of female and trans game reviewers that tend to make up writing staffs lately. Writing reviews about how Spider-Man is deeply flawed for casting the police in a non-negative light, or getting mad that their created character gets referred as a specific gender. Anyhow, it’s a AA title that strives to be Triple A and is probably more focused than a lot of those. I want to say it’s like a Fallout 3 for people that don’t like open world stuffs, but perhaps it’s better to compare it to the Metro titles. Double anyhow, if you like Terminator salad dressing all over your game, then I don’t think there’s ever been a better option. I say don’t pay 50 dollars , but sale... hell yes!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

WORD UP
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Now playing Max Payne 2: Fall of Max Payne, and Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla.

Between these two and Terminator, my video game dude is getting all sorts of lady action.