Last Comic Book You Read 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Re: Last Comic Book You Read 1-10

Post by badgevvrecker »

if you can't giggle at The Pro then Fuck You.

ennis is stephenson to moores gibson.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

The Boys (complete series): 9.2
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Ghost Dad wrote:The Boys (complete series): 9.2
Is it over? I can't remember how far I got, but I burned through a SERIOUS chunk a little while ago, I'm thinking 50 issues or so, plus the weird confernce miniseries with all the tits

I'd love to wrap that up, I really did enjoy the universe he built there.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Scalped #48 - 9/10
No Cunting Elves
Chigurh
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Chigurh »

Crossed was really good, but I think the sequel/spin off thing that was written by someone else
was actually better than Ennis's original
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Acts of Vengeance Omnibus - 10
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Order of Swamp Thing hardcover collections 2-4 arrived a couple of days ago, still rereading #1 before tackling those. Have run out of weed weeks ago sadly...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Rise of the Midnight Sons/The Darkhold - 6

iffy early 90's Marvel occult nonsense. shit could have been choice in the right hands.
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

The Walking Dead volume 14 10/10
PSN- BroMan43
Big Blood Grenade
DO THE DEW!

Post by Big Blood Grenade »

I haven't been into comics since I was a kid, but I'm psyched to check this out:

rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Bored013 wrote:I just finished reading all the Moore Swamp Thing issues (or collections). AWESOME.

Moving on to go through all The Sandman stuff I didn't finish years ago. Having fun...
A new Swamp Thing #1 is going to be a part of DCs big renumbering this fall, and it sounds like it should be pretty good.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Does anybody read Echo? Is that the sort of thing we're allowed to discuss here? The story sounds intriguing but when I've flipped through it the art is pretty underwhelming.
jen said destroy
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by jen said destroy »

I just read the Un-Men vol.1 and I cant believe I've missed out on this. I never read swamp thing either and I'm aware of how much iIve lost out on that. But Un-Men is awesome and I wish it went past vol.2, which I haven't read yet. I've been really excited about Northlanders and I've finally caught up with that. Sucks it's been cancelled but I'm looking forward to the new volume.

As for Walking Dead, the last one was kind of meh. I think the new one is out tomorrow.
Last edited by jen said destroy on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen said destroy
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by jen said destroy »

Geeheeb wrote:Just found this comic at dad's house. I'm not that into comic anymore so I will probably give it to someone who is.

Cool read though.

Is this the same guy who did this?
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

Legendary Comics has partnered with Frank Miller, the iconic writer and artist of SIN CITY, 300 and THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, to publish HOLY TERROR, a dark, uncompromising superhero tale for the modern era.

In HOLY TERROR, join The Fixer, a brand new, hard-edged hero as he battles terror. The graphic novel is a no-holds-barred action thriller told in Miller’s trademark high-contrast, black-and-white visual style, which seizes the political zeitgeist by the throat and doesn’t let go until the last page.
Pretty sure this the alarmist Batman tale Miller was going to release awhile back -- comes out 9/14!

The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

:fonz:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

jen said destroy wrote:As for Walking Dead, the last one was kind of meh. I think the new one is out tomorrow.

I kinda liked it in the context of the build up to the "event" happening. Resetting and setting up for the next story arch.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol - 10
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Madman Atomic #1-4 (download) - 9.5/10

Madman Vol. 1 (also sold as Madman Gargantua vol. 1, includes Madman #1-3 and Madman Adventures #1-3) - 8.5/10
Fun.

Echo #1-4 (download) - 7/10
I like where the story is going, the character development/relationship stuff is vomit-inducing. Actually really like the art, don't know why I thought it looked boring at first.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

X-Men Xenogenesis - 7/10

Good art, shitty coloring, Warren Ellis writes and actually manages to put together an X-Men miniseries that I can read without clawing my eyes out. Not bad.

Also,

Butcher Baker, the Righteous Maker - 8/10 so far. Art is sort of Sienkiewicz lite (but in a good way), story has a good premise, but needs to start doing something with it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ultimate Thor: 8/10

Not half bad, really. As mainstream comics go, Marvel's Ultimate line is still one of the few things I can take halfway seriously (though Jeph Loeb sure is trying his damnedest to sink the ship), and Hickman actually does a decent job here. I've seen him try eon-spanning epics before in his creator-owned books where he pretty much fell flat on his face, but this is a lot better thought out, maybe because it's an origin story, so he had to know where he was going, or maybe just because someone like him actually benefits from editorial interference.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

spacehamster wrote:Ultimate Thor: 8/10

Not half bad, really. As mainstream comics go, Marvel's Ultimate line is still one of the few things I can take halfway seriously (though Jeph Loeb sure is trying his damnedest to sink the ship), and Hickman actually does a decent job here. I've seen him try eon-spanning epics before in his creator-owned books where he pretty much fell flat on his face, but this is a lot better thought out, maybe because it's an origin story, so he had to know where he was going, or maybe just because someone like him actually benefits from editorial interference.
Ultimatum ruined the Ultimate line for me forever. Fuck Jeph Loeb. He's been a joke for years now.
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

bwahahaha.....the beard hunter looks awesome. My life story is finally being told.

"It is the maze that dreams. And I am lost."
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

IFryKids wrote: Ultimatum ruined the Ultimate line for me forever. Fuck Jeph Loeb. He's been a joke for years now.
Yeah, but this is Thor's origin, so it's set way before that and Hickman actually managed to come up with something that would've blended with Millar's original Ultimates run fairly well.

By the way, Millar's back at Ultimate Marvel and trying to salvage what he can. It's really kind of funny because you can tell he's pissed at what Loeb's done to the characters. There's a scene in Avengers vs New Ultimates where someone asks Thor why he's suddenly talking like a normal person and he says something like Tony Stark offered to donate a couple million bucks to whatever charity Thor wanted if he'd knock off the retarded Shakespeare shit. And in Millar's Ultimate Avengers, the Avengers are the badass black ops team now, and the Ultimates are basically pointless strawmen that only exist for PR purposes.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Stand: No Man's Land - 7