Post by Comrade Slinky »

Who shoots a fucking Corgi?
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Re: general love for the police catchall thread

Post by neckbeard »

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1438873.shtml?cat=206
Mpls. police trying to make arrest shoot dog

A police officer trying to make an arrest at a Minneapolis home shot the neighbor's dog.

The dog's owners are angry and confused, but police officials say the officer acted responsibly.

William Knapp said his rottweiler/yellow lab mix Wilson was in his fenced yard, located in the 3200 block of Bryant Avenue N, Friday morning as police tried to arrest someone at at house next door.
kale
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

They shot a fenced off dog?

What the fuck?
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

Why do I see one of these stories every day?
kale
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

neckbeard wrote:Why do I see one of these stories every day?
I think you know the answer.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR
Threads Endlessly Scrolled
Threads Endlessly Scrolled

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

its almost standard procedure for the cops to shoot the dog.

if you encounter a cop and your dog does not get shot, then consider your dog lucky.
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

It was the neighbors dog.

Don’t Cry for David Paterson
from The Agitator by Radley Balko
http://www.propublica.org/article/no-ma ... ension-305

…or any other corrupt New York state public official for that matter. ProPublica reports that under New York law, there’s nothing a state employee can do that’s so bad he won’t be able to collect his pension.

This means that politicians receive their pensions even after they become convicted felons, such as State Sens. Joseph Bruno ($8,007.11 monthly pension) and Guy Velella ($6,251 monthly pension). (Messages to the former senators have not been returned, but we’ll update you if we hear from them.) Pensions are determined by averaging the largest salary of three consecutive years…

Harry Corbitt, the State Police superintendent who resigned this week following revelations that he knew that state troopers had visited a woman who was intending to file assault charges against one of Paterson’s aides, will receive a $7,064 monthly pension from the state, according to the state comptroller’s office. Even if he had been fired, it wouldn’t have made a difference.

According to the article, more than half the states have similar laws.
kale
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

http://www.wsmv.com/video/22656573/index.html
Police in Tennessee raid wrong side of a duplex, throw residents to the floor at gunpoint, manage to handcuff a recovering cancer patient. According to the residents and their neighbors, they then scratched off part of the address on the duplex to cover their mistake. They did get their guy in the end, though. He was selling pot.

link has video interviews
kale
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

posting spree

Post by neckbeard »

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/0 ... t-advised/
Flipping the bird, or sticking out the middle finger, is perhaps the oldest insulting gesture on earth. The move dates back to ancient Greece and was adopted by the Romans as digitus impudicus — the impudent finger.

A zillion middle fingers later, an Oregon man is suing suburban Portland cops (.pdf) over his use of the gesture, claiming civil rights violations. Twice he flipped them off for no apparent reason while driving and was pulled over each time — resulting in what he said was a “bogus” traffic citation that was later dismissed, and a tongue lashing he still remembers.

“The guy flew into a road rage,” Robert Ekas, a retired Silicon Valley systems analyst, said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

Lawrence Wolf, a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney, said there was no law against flipping off cops. And in most instances when it leads to an arrest or conviction, the charges are dismissed. But the gesture invites police confrontation, he said.

“It’s certainly not the smartest thing one can do,” Wolf said.

American University legal scholar Ira Robbins has written a definitive paper on flipping the bird: “Digitus Impudicus: The Middle Finger and the Law.” (.pdf)

“The pursuit of criminal sanctions for use of the middle finger infringes on First Amendment rights, violates fundamental principles of criminal justice, wastes valuable judicial resources, and defies good sense,” Robbins wrote.

In November, a Pittsburgh man was awarded $50,000 after he was wrongly cited for disorderly conduct after flipping off an officer.

Ekas, in both instances, flipped off officers while they were driving a Clackamas County patrol car. “It seemed like the right thing to do,” said the 46-year-old, who is seeking damages and police reform amid allegations he was unlawfully stopped. “The long and the short of it, I was pulled over because I gave them the finger.”

A federal judge will entertain Clackamas County’s motion on March 15 to have the civil rights lawsuit tossed. The county denies the allegations. (.pdf)

Ekas said his actions, which occurred with his teen-aged son in the car both times, were a form of protest against the agency he claims is abusing its citizenry. “That’s why they get the finger,” he said, noting he wants a jury trial.

Wolf, meanwhile, suggested if Ekas’ case makes it to trial, the officers are likely to testify that they were concerned “about his sanity.”

The jury, he said, is likely to say, “‘Give me a break’ and then go home.”

Read More http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/0 ... z0hSqQpqHN
kale
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:its almost standard procedure for the cops to shoot the dog.
And for older teachers to send pics of themselves to 15 year old students. It's in the news every single day now.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hahaha...fuck yes.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... 05-ON.html

NY man laughed off Taser jolt while battling cops
ROCHESTER, N.Y. - A 24-year-old man who accused of attacking two Rochester police officers Wednesday laughed when one of the officers used a Taser to try to arrest him, according to court documents.

Even pepper spray did not completely subdue Paul J. Sutton, but it slowed him enough so that officers could finally take him into custody.

Sutton, described as at least 6 feet tall, 280 pounds and muscular, is scheduled to be arraigned in City Court on Monday. He is charged with second-degree assault and resisting arrest.

Officer Michael Decocq, an 18-year veteran, suffered a concussion and a broken clavicle when he was thrown to the ground. Officer Barry Herbin, a 17-year veteran, suffered a sprained ankle.
This guy posts here, right?
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

A cop in Barre, Vermont repeatedly tased Ann Osborn, a 59-year-old mentally ill homeless woman who was standing in a parking lot with her arms folded. "I could see that this was not getting any results so I pulled out the cartridge and went for a drive stun to Osborn's left thigh. This did have some affect and she screamed a little bit and went down on her buttocks, in the shrub area, next to the store at which time the Taser slipped off her thigh... Before Osborn could get up I was able to apply a second drive stun to her right thigh. This again kept her down and she began to scream. I advised her to roll over and place her hands behind her back, which she did and the Taser came off her leg losing contact again. Now Osborn was still screaming without the Taser being on her, and would still not put her hands behind her back. I again applied the drive stun to the back of her left thigh. Osborn finally complied, put her hands behind her back at which time I was able to get the handcuffs on her and take her into custody."
http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100 ... 002/NEWS01
kale
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

thürstön.3®®0® wrote:http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... ecordings/

Police fight cellphone recordings
Witnesses taking audio of officers arrested, charged with illegal surveillance

Simon Glik, a lawyer, was walking down Tremont Street in Boston when he saw three police officers struggling to extract a plastic bag from a teenager’s mouth. Thinking their force seemed excessive for a drug arrest, Glik pulled out his cellphone and began recording.

Within minutes, Glik said, he was in handcuffs.

“One of the officers asked me whether my phone had audio recording capabilities,’’ Glik, 33, said recently of the incident, which took place in October 2007. Glik acknowledged that it did, and then, he said, “my phone was seized, and I was arrested.’’

The charge? Illegal electronic surveillance.

Jon Surmacz, 34, experienced a similar situation. Thinking that Boston police officers were unnecessarily rough while breaking up a holiday party in Brighton he was attending in December 2008, he took out his cellphone and began recording.

Police confronted Surmacz, a webmaster at Boston University. He was arrested and, like Glik, charged with illegal surveillance.

There are no hard statistics for video recording arrests. But the experiences of Surmacz and Glik highlight what civil libertarians call a troubling misuse of the state’s wiretapping law to stifle the kind of street-level oversight that cellphone and video technology make possible.

“The police apparently do not want witnesses to what they do in public,’’ said Sarah Wunsch, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, who helped to get the criminal charges against Surmacz dismissed.

Boston police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll rejected the notion that police are abusing the law to block citizen oversight, saying the department trains officers about the wiretap law. “If an individual is inappropriately interfering with an arrest that could cause harm to an officer or another individual, an officer’s primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of the situation,’’ she said.

In 1968, Massachusetts became a “two-party’’ consent state, one of 12 currently in the country. Two-party consent means that all parties to a conversation must agree to be recorded on a telephone or other audio device; otherwise, the recording of conversation is illegal. The law, intended to protect the privacy rights of individuals, appears to have been triggered by a series of high-profile cases involving private detectives who were recording people without their consent.

In arresting people such as Glik and Surmacz, police are saying that they have not consented to being recorded, that their privacy rights have therefore been violated, and that the citizen action was criminal.

“The statute has been misconstrued by Boston police,’’ said June Jensen, the lawyer who represented Glik and succeeded in getting his charges dismissed. The law, she said, does not prohibit public recording of anyone. “You could go to the Boston Common and snap pictures and record if you want; you can do that.’’

Ever since the police beating of Rodney King in Los Angeles in 1991 was videotaped, and with the advent of media-sharing websites like Facebook and YouTube, the practice of openly recording police activity has become commonplace. But in Massachusetts and other states, the arrests of street videographers, whether they use cellphones or other video technology, offers a dramatic illustration of the collision between new technology and policing practices.

“Police are not used to ceding power, and these tools are forcing them to cede power,’’ said David Ardia, director of the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society.

Ardia said the proliferation of cellphone and other technology has equipped people to record actions in public. “As a society, we should be asking ourselves whether we want to make that into a criminal activity,’’ he said.

In Pennsylvania, another two-party state, individuals using cellphones to record police activities have also ended up in police custody.

But one Pennsylvania jurisdiction has reaffirmed individuals’ right to videotape in public. Police in Spring City and East Vincent Township agreed to adopt a written policy confirming the legality of videotaping police while on duty. The policy was hammered out as part of a settlement between authorities and ACLU attorneys representing a Spring City man who had been arrested several times last year for following police and taping them.

In Massachusetts, Wunsch said Attorney General Martha Coakley and police chiefs should be informing officers not to abuse the law by charging civilians with illegally recording them in public.

The cases are the courts’ concern, said Coakley spokesman Harry Pierre. “At this time, this office has not issued any advisory or opinion on this issue.’’

Massachusetts has seen several cases in which civilians were charged criminally with violating the state’s electronic surveillance law for recording police, including a case that was reviewed by the Supreme Judicial Court.

Michael Hyde, a 31-year-old musician, began secretly recording police after he was stopped in Abington in late 1998 and the encounter turned testy. He then used the recording as the basis for a harassment complaint. The police, in turn, charged Hyde with illegal wiretapping. Focusing on the secret nature of the recording, the SJC upheld the conviction in 2001.

“Secret tape recording by private individuals has been unequivocally banned, and, unless and until the Legislature changes the statute, what was done here cannot be done lawfully,’’ the SJC ruled in a 4-to-2 decision.

In a sharply worded dissent, Chief Justice Margaret Marshall criticized the majority view of a law that, in effect, punished citizen watchdogs and allowed police officers to conceal possible misconduct behind a “cloak of privacy.’’

“Citizens have a particularly important role to play when the official conduct at issue is that of the police,’’ Marshall wrote. “Their role cannot be performed if citizens must fear criminal reprisals when they seek to hold government officials responsible by recording, secretly recording on occasion, an interaction between a citizen and a police officer.’’

Since that ruling, the outcome of Massachusetts criminal cases involving the recording of police by citizens has turned mainly on this question of secret vs. public recording.

Jeffrey Manzelli, 46, a Cambridge sound engineer, was convicted of illegal wiretapping and disorderly conduct for recording MBTA police at an antiwar rally on Boston Common in 2002. Though he said he had openly recorded the officer, his conviction was upheld in 2007 on the grounds that he had made the recording using a microphone hidden in the sleeve of his jacket.

Peter Lowney, 39, a political activist from Newton, was convicted of illegal wiretapping in 2007 after Boston University police accused him of hiding a camera in his coat during a protest on Commonwealth Avenue.

Charges of illegal wiretapping against documentary filmmaker and citizen journalist Emily Peyton were not prosecuted, however, because she had openly videotaped police arresting an antiwar protester in December 2007 at a Greenfield grocery store plaza, first from the parking lot and then from her car. Likewise with Simon Glik and Jon Surmacz; their cases were eventually dismissed, a key factor being the open way they had used their cellphones.

Surmacz said he never thought that using his cellphone to record police in public might be a crime. “One of the reasons I got my phone out . . . was from going to YouTube where there are dozens of videos of things like this,’’ said Surmacz, a webmaster at BU who is also a part-time producer at Boston.com.

It took five months for Surmacz, with the ACLU, to get the charges of illegal wiretapping and disorderly conduct dismissed. Surmacz said he would do it again.

“Because I didn’t do anything wrong,’’ he said. “Had I recorded an officer saving someone’s life, I almost guarantee you that they wouldn’t have come up to me and say, ‘Hey, you just recorded me saving that person’s life. You’re under arrest.’ ’’
weird. in bushwick we have huge PSA billboards stating IT'S OK AND TOTALLY LEGAL TO RECORD THE POLICE with a picture of a dude getting fucked up by the cops and another two dudes standing next to him with a boom mic and camera. i'm assuming something fucked up must have happened recently and they're using that to try and humor people.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

T O))) M wrote:
disgusting. now it makes perfect sense why my boy got arrested for spitting on the subway tracks a few months ago.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Who shoots a fucking Corgi?
I'd love to blast one right in the face.
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/inde ... ot_wi.html

OMG, IDIOTS. This child was out of control!!!! she attacked an officer! any person who did this would have been treated the same way! she punched the officer in the face, she also kicked him in the groin! WATCH the video! you cannot say she was "easy to take down because she is only 12". SHE IS OUT OF CONTROL! she even started a FIRE in her bedroom the day she was sentenced after this whole incident.... harmless child huh?... B.S. she needs mental health lock down so she can't -purse snatch, assault officers, or start fires! GET HER OUT OF SOCIETY. - she's had too many chances, at 12 she should be locked up. PERIOD.

I think this is the video, but I can't tell where they shoot her
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BuDeKQE ... r_embedded#<
kale
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

http://www.examiner.com/x-4383-Portland ... ty-protest

police murdered a homeless man Monday night

typical Portland protester:

http://www.kptv.com/news/22929380/detail.html
PORTLAND, Ore. -- A protester threw his bicycle at a Portland police officer Tuesday night as a group marched through the streets in the wake of a fatal police shooting, authorities said.
also, my girlfriend and I had a wonderful conversation with a cop saturday night where the cop tried desperately to rationalize to us why he was harassing two young black girls for being in a park after midnight yet let us, a white couple, walk right on by despite being in the same park at the same time. it sure wasn't racism oh no definitely not racism
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

You're nuts to even bring it up
kale
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

we didn't bring it up, it was fucking obvious and he knew it and he was trying very hard to explain to us (the white people) why he was stopping them (the black people) and not us. all we did was come over when one of the girls called to us to ask if we saw her break any laws.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

DeadWalrus wrote:we didn't bring it up, it was fucking obvious and he knew it and he was trying very hard to explain to us (the white people) why he was stopping them (the black people) and not us. all we did was come over when one of the girls called to us to ask if we saw her break any laws.
there are black people in portland?! times sure have changed since i lived there.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

hipster holocaust wrote:there are black people in portland?! times sure have changed since i lived there.
there are still a few in ne and i see them at the gym mostly
Burpcore the GRIM
Nespithe

Post by Burpcore the GRIM »

"Work as stripper and expect cunt to last forever? Get real" - Hornie

http://www.myspace.com/embalmerband

Xbox Live - DeadForever666
Charles Schulzerie
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by Charles Schulzerie »

MANTIS wrote:Last night I called the cops on the cops. I work next door to a Mapco. These two white guys had a black guy up against a car with a gun to his head screaming and cursing him out. I called 911. Turns out... they were undercover cops. Cuz that's totally protocol when drunks are harassing the Mapco employees. Then... they let the drunk drive away.

:confused:

Bad boys... whatcha gonna do?

Same shit happened to me once. I was eating at a restaurant with my dad and these two drunk (now I know to be undercover cops) came in and started harassing the waitresses. As we were getting in the car, we both felt really bad but couldn't do much about it. Then I saw a gun in the back of his pants under his coat. I'm still confused as to why he didn't have it in a holster.
noah thirteen wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I didn't have any tortillas before I took the ambien, Noah. I'm a sharp cookie. I know things.
Just imagine a giant cookie buying tortillas on a shit load of ambien.....