The Pigs

Music posts are a bannable offense.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Re: general love for the police catchall thread

Post by T O))) M »

neckbeard wrote:Seriously. I remember in fifth grade I was like wow I really want to try pcp.
My mom's cousin-in-law stabbed his family to death while on PCP. Trying to find news footage. He came back to his house the next day while the news crews were they and was like "HAY MENS WHAT HAPPENED AT MY HOUSE?" on TV.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

DeadWalrus wrote:i hadnt seen anything on that before but i kind of go in spurts with police abuse stuff because it actually gets me really really really mad irl.

google says the minister was giving a ride to a woman who is a crack addict and just had a miscarriage. they've known each other for years and he'd been counseling her and trying to get her off drugs. the cops had her under surveillance, he had just dropped her off at her hotel, and the police ran up to his car with guns drawn and he tried to drive away. so they murdered him because i dont know why

:betternotstartanyshit: acquitted :betternotstartanyshit:
Jesus fucking christ. When I see my ex-cop boss today, I'm going to give him SUCH a dirty look.
fvkk
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

noah thirteen wrote:I work with the police, jails and courts a lot at my job and I'm surprised a lot of the time how professional they are, particularly the younger ones who have a totally different training and mentality than the old guard..... it'll be interesting to see how things progress with the police in the next 50 years, here in Toronto the SIU checks people and investigates and misconduct pretty frequently and while I'm sure there's a lot of fucked shit that still happens I think think our police chief does a pretty good job at maintaining the police in a positive light.......

canada.
gustavprom
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by gustavprom »

In Moscow we apparently have these cops:

But I usually see these cops:

and sometimes these cops:

and sometimes they go crazy and do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aqo7lW5Mdc
Grimlock
Natural Philosophy of Love

Post by Grimlock »

Me, Grimlock, think Prowl huge dickhead. When me, Grimlock, no looking he steal me, Grimlock, donut. Fucking pig.

Me, Grimlock, want eat Barricade head. That dirty Decepticop needs go down!
Cars and trucks bad. Nature good. Stupid nature! Come back and fight like Dinobots!
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

kale
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Cops are the worst thing to happen to us since Jesus.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/09/nyregion/09safir.html
Ex-Police Official Backs Car Into Pregnant Woman
kale
death by snoo snoo
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by death by snoo snoo »

Burpcore the GRIM
Nespithe

Post by Burpcore the GRIM »

Toxicarius wrote:
DeadWalrus wrote: Fuck the police.
And yet, when the savages are breaking into your home, who will you call?

:betternotstartanyshit:
My gun.
"Work as stripper and expect cunt to last forever? Get real" - Hornie

http://www.myspace.com/embalmerband

Xbox Live - DeadForever666
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

http://www.miamiherald.com/486/story/1420180.html
Hallandale Beach grandma sent to jail -- and forgotten
A 78-year-old woman spent more than two weeks in jail, including Thanksgiving, because her case slipped through the courtroom cracks.
A 78-year-old Hallandale Beach grandmother ticketed for driving with a suspended driver's license spent 15 days in jail before authorities announced her license wasn't suspended and an outraged judge set her free.
kale
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

eddy

Post by neckbeard »

kale
Double Anal
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Double Anal »

i hope some crazy texan shoots that thing down.
neckbeard wrote:It depends on poop and sweat
thürstön.3®®0®
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by thürstön.3®®0® »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... ecordings/

Police fight cellphone recordings
Witnesses taking audio of officers arrested, charged with illegal surveillance

Simon Glik, a lawyer, was walking down Tremont Street in Boston when he saw three police officers struggling to extract a plastic bag from a teenager’s mouth. Thinking their force seemed excessive for a drug arrest, Glik pulled out his cellphone and began recording.

Within minutes, Glik said, he was in handcuffs.

“One of the officers asked me whether my phone had audio recording capabilities,’’ Glik, 33, said recently of the incident, which took place in October 2007. Glik acknowledged that it did, and then, he said, “my phone was seized, and I was arrested.’’

The charge? Illegal electronic surveillance.

Jon Surmacz, 34, experienced a similar situation. Thinking that Boston police officers were unnecessarily rough while breaking up a holiday party in Brighton he was attending in December 2008, he took out his cellphone and began recording.

Police confronted Surmacz, a webmaster at Boston University. He was arrested and, like Glik, charged with illegal surveillance.

There are no hard statistics for video recording arrests. But the experiences of Surmacz and Glik highlight what civil libertarians call a troubling misuse of the state’s wiretapping law to stifle the kind of street-level oversight that cellphone and video technology make possible.

“The police apparently do not want witnesses to what they do in public,’’ said Sarah Wunsch, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, who helped to get the criminal charges against Surmacz dismissed.

Boston police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll rejected the notion that police are abusing the law to block citizen oversight, saying the department trains officers about the wiretap law. “If an individual is inappropriately interfering with an arrest that could cause harm to an officer or another individual, an officer’s primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of the situation,’’ she said.

In 1968, Massachusetts became a “two-party’’ consent state, one of 12 currently in the country. Two-party consent means that all parties to a conversation must agree to be recorded on a telephone or other audio device; otherwise, the recording of conversation is illegal. The law, intended to protect the privacy rights of individuals, appears to have been triggered by a series of high-profile cases involving private detectives who were recording people without their consent.

In arresting people such as Glik and Surmacz, police are saying that they have not consented to being recorded, that their privacy rights have therefore been violated, and that the citizen action was criminal.

“The statute has been misconstrued by Boston police,’’ said June Jensen, the lawyer who represented Glik and succeeded in getting his charges dismissed. The law, she said, does not prohibit public recording of anyone. “You could go to the Boston Common and snap pictures and record if you want; you can do that.’’

Ever since the police beating of Rodney King in Los Angeles in 1991 was videotaped, and with the advent of media-sharing websites like Facebook and YouTube, the practice of openly recording police activity has become commonplace. But in Massachusetts and other states, the arrests of street videographers, whether they use cellphones or other video technology, offers a dramatic illustration of the collision between new technology and policing practices.

“Police are not used to ceding power, and these tools are forcing them to cede power,’’ said David Ardia, director of the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society.

Ardia said the proliferation of cellphone and other technology has equipped people to record actions in public. “As a society, we should be asking ourselves whether we want to make that into a criminal activity,’’ he said.

In Pennsylvania, another two-party state, individuals using cellphones to record police activities have also ended up in police custody.

But one Pennsylvania jurisdiction has reaffirmed individuals’ right to videotape in public. Police in Spring City and East Vincent Township agreed to adopt a written policy confirming the legality of videotaping police while on duty. The policy was hammered out as part of a settlement between authorities and ACLU attorneys representing a Spring City man who had been arrested several times last year for following police and taping them.

In Massachusetts, Wunsch said Attorney General Martha Coakley and police chiefs should be informing officers not to abuse the law by charging civilians with illegally recording them in public.

The cases are the courts’ concern, said Coakley spokesman Harry Pierre. “At this time, this office has not issued any advisory or opinion on this issue.’’

Massachusetts has seen several cases in which civilians were charged criminally with violating the state’s electronic surveillance law for recording police, including a case that was reviewed by the Supreme Judicial Court.

Michael Hyde, a 31-year-old musician, began secretly recording police after he was stopped in Abington in late 1998 and the encounter turned testy. He then used the recording as the basis for a harassment complaint. The police, in turn, charged Hyde with illegal wiretapping. Focusing on the secret nature of the recording, the SJC upheld the conviction in 2001.

“Secret tape recording by private individuals has been unequivocally banned, and, unless and until the Legislature changes the statute, what was done here cannot be done lawfully,’’ the SJC ruled in a 4-to-2 decision.

In a sharply worded dissent, Chief Justice Margaret Marshall criticized the majority view of a law that, in effect, punished citizen watchdogs and allowed police officers to conceal possible misconduct behind a “cloak of privacy.’’

“Citizens have a particularly important role to play when the official conduct at issue is that of the police,’’ Marshall wrote. “Their role cannot be performed if citizens must fear criminal reprisals when they seek to hold government officials responsible by recording, secretly recording on occasion, an interaction between a citizen and a police officer.’’

Since that ruling, the outcome of Massachusetts criminal cases involving the recording of police by citizens has turned mainly on this question of secret vs. public recording.

Jeffrey Manzelli, 46, a Cambridge sound engineer, was convicted of illegal wiretapping and disorderly conduct for recording MBTA police at an antiwar rally on Boston Common in 2002. Though he said he had openly recorded the officer, his conviction was upheld in 2007 on the grounds that he had made the recording using a microphone hidden in the sleeve of his jacket.

Peter Lowney, 39, a political activist from Newton, was convicted of illegal wiretapping in 2007 after Boston University police accused him of hiding a camera in his coat during a protest on Commonwealth Avenue.

Charges of illegal wiretapping against documentary filmmaker and citizen journalist Emily Peyton were not prosecuted, however, because she had openly videotaped police arresting an antiwar protester in December 2007 at a Greenfield grocery store plaza, first from the parking lot and then from her car. Likewise with Simon Glik and Jon Surmacz; their cases were eventually dismissed, a key factor being the open way they had used their cellphones.

Surmacz said he never thought that using his cellphone to record police in public might be a crime. “One of the reasons I got my phone out . . . was from going to YouTube where there are dozens of videos of things like this,’’ said Surmacz, a webmaster at BU who is also a part-time producer at Boston.com.

It took five months for Surmacz, with the ACLU, to get the charges of illegal wiretapping and disorderly conduct dismissed. Surmacz said he would do it again.

“Because I didn’t do anything wrong,’’ he said. “Had I recorded an officer saving someone’s life, I almost guarantee you that they wouldn’t have come up to me and say, ‘Hey, you just recorded me saving that person’s life. You’re under arrest.’ ’’
"It is Baby Bush's fault, like all of the country's problems currently are, and the poor black dude has to mop up after the irresponsible frat boy while the rich white assholes criticize him as usual." - the most naive motherfucker i've ever come in contact with that wasn't a female mennonite.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

thürstön.3®®0® wrote:Boston police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll rejected the notion that police are abusing the law to block citizen oversight, saying the department trains officers about the wiretap law. “If an individual is inappropriately interfering with an arrest that could cause harm to an officer or another individual, an officer’s primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of the situation,’’ she said....

In arresting people such as Glik and Surmacz, police are saying that they have not consented to being recorded, that their privacy rights have therefore been violated, and that the citizen action was criminal.
this is literally insane
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

the police are no better than the mafia if you support the police you support organized crime

thürstön.3®®0®
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by thürstön.3®®0® »

it's like they dont understand that they leave certain rights at the door when they clock in as a civil servant....
"It is Baby Bush's fault, like all of the country's problems currently are, and the poor black dude has to mop up after the irresponsible frat boy while the rich white assholes criticize him as usual." - the most naive motherfucker i've ever come in contact with that wasn't a female mennonite.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

Couple Seeks Reimbursement from Police, DC for Damages
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0110/699598.html
"They asked the young man's mother where does he live and she said he lives at what is my house. That wasn't true," stated Kitchel.

It wasn't true because Kitchel said she and her husband bought the house from the suspect's family back in 2007.

Kitchel said, "The family hadn't lived here for 18 months."
kale
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10027/1031317-53.stm

Police incident provokes ire
City high school students rally to demand an investigation into the arrest and alleged beating of a classmate

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
By Sadie Gurman and Rich Lord, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Students from the city's Creative and Performing Arts High School marched to the City-County Building on Tuesday in support of a classmate who said police brutally beat him earlier this month, calling for action on a case that has drawn public outrage and the attention of the FBI.

The rally of more than 50 students, who cried at times and held handwritten signs, ended in front of council chambers, where protesters demanded an investigation of the officers involved in the Jan. 12 arrest of Jordan Miles in Homewood.

Mr. Miles, 18, who is charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest, said three undercover officers beat him when they mistook the bottle of soda he was carrying for a concealed weapon.

"There are good police," said CAPA sophomore Nigel Ash. "But if there's one bad [officer] that does something like this, we can't trust the police department."

Police Chief Nate Harper yesterday asked for the public's patience as the city's Office of Municipal Investigations investigates, while members of the city's Fraternal Order of Police praised Officers Richard Ewing, Michael Saldutte and David Sisak as the city's most effective at getting guns off the streets.

"Their actions were correct and law-abiding by everything they received in their training," FOP Vice President Charles Hanlon said. "The demand by special interest groups that they be removed from the streets is an insult to their hard work."

The day ended with heated comments from students and local activists before the Police Citizen Review Board, which also pledged a full investigation.

"Most of the members sitting here feel just as much outrage at what has happened to this child," board Chairwoman Marsha Hinton said after listening to about a dozen speakers, some of whom called for the officers to be suspended or placed on desk duty. "We will investigate."

Mr. Miles' schoolmates pointed to his academic success. A violist and honor student, he is bound for Penn State University, they said.

Mr. Miles' attorney, Kerrington Lewis, has said the teen took repeated blows to the head, a tree branch impaled his gums and the officers tore a chunk of hair from his head.

In a criminal complaint, police said the officers, on undercover patrol in Homewood, spied Mr. Miles about 11 p.m. on Tioga Street. Seeing a heavy object in his coat, they identified themselves as police and ordered him to stop.

Mr. Miles ran, the complaint says, and the officers shot him with a Taser and struck him several times in a struggle. Mr. Miles has denied the officers identified themselves.

The officers were traveling in what is known as a "99" car, manned by plainclothes officers whose main goal is to rid a specific area of guns and drugs. They are not responsible for answering most 911 calls and are typically known as the zone's best and most aggressive officers.

Officers Ewing, Saldutte and Sisak joined the force in 2005.

Mr. Hanlon called them "model officers and model citizens" with special training and "numerous awards and commendations."

He said Officer Sisak earned an award for saving a drowning man when he worked with the Ocean City, Md. police force; Officer Ewing earned a leadership award after graduating from the city's police academy; and Officer Saldutte was named officer of the month last year.

He decried what he said was a perception that "any time anyone has a conflicting story with a police report, the police are lying. Just because Mr. Miles is an honor student doesn't mean the public should discredit the officers' account of the night, he said. The Police Citizen Review Board, he added, is unable to conduct an unbiased investigation and doesn't know the details of the case.

Stirring tears throughout the day were pictures of Mr. Miles, which show his face covered in bruises and his right eye swollen shut.

"Something's wrong here," said City Councilman Doug Shields, after dozens of students and police accountability advocates addressed the council. "Look, they're right. These children asked us questions. It's front and center. If it makes us uncomfortable, then maybe we should quit the job."

Then, holding up the picture of Mr. Miles, he said, "I wonder how much we're going to have to pay for this. Because we know the lawsuits are going to come."

The FBI confirmed yesterday that its agents are also looking into Mr. Miles' allegations.

"We've gotten a lot of inquiries about this," said agent Jeffrey B. Killeen. "And even before today, we were aware of this thing happening and we were assessing it."

Mr. Killeen stressed that the FBI uses a "tiered approach" in its inquiries, that begins with "an assessment phase," then proceeds to a preliminary inquiry and finally a full investigation. Agents are in the assessment phase on this case, he said.

Mr. Miles' attorney wrote a letter to the Pittsburgh office formally requesting an FBI investigation because, he said, only an outside agency can fairly investigate. Mr. Killeen said the lawyer's request had no bearing on the FBI's assessment of the case.

The officers remain on duty but are in uniform instead of plainclothes, a decision Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said he supports.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

John Jr. wrote:"Their actions were correct and law-abiding by everything they received in their training," FOP Vice President Charles Hanlon said. "The demand by special interest groups that they be removed from the streets is an insult to their hard work."
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

YOU WONDER WHY WE FEEL LIKE FUCK THE LAW
fvkk
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/02 ... itted.html

Jury acquits DEA agent Lee Lucas on all 18 charges related to drug investigation
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Lee Lucas broke into tears Friday after a courtroom deputy read aloud the verdict of not guilty to all 18 criminal charges the DEA agent faced stemming from a 2005 drug investigation.

The burly career drug agent hugged his lawyer and began to sob. He appeared to mouth the words "thank you" to the jury across the room.

His many supporters in the courtroom held their emotions in check until the jury departed, then broke into applause. Fellow officers from as far away as California came to watch the climax of the intense, four-week trial.

"The truth finally came out after all those years," said Lucas, 41, as he walked from the courtroom, flanked by fellow officers.

The verdict capped a 2-1/2-year scandal that rocked the federal courthouse in Cleveland, in which people who pleaded guilty were released from prison, lawyers raised questions about Lucas's tactics and Lucas adamantly denied doing anything but working hard to lock up drug dealers.

Jurors deliberated for nearly two full days. They had 18 charges to consider, including multiple counts of perjury, obstruction of justice and violating civil rights.

"There was not strong evidence to convict him," said one juror, who didn't want to give his name. He said Jerrell Bray, the informant Lucas supervised who admitted framing people, was not credible.

"Absolutely not," he said.

"You had him convicted in the newspaper for years," Tom Roth said.

The charges against Lucas stemmed from a 2005 drug investigation in Mansfield that resulted in about two dozen indictments. Nearly all the charges were later dropped after Bray tearfully admitted that he framed people by staging phone calls and purposely identifying the wrong people as drug sellers.

Prosecutors accused Lucas of lying in written reports and in court to corroborate Bray's testimony.

Lucas has been heralded by fellow officers as a tireless and committed agent. He went to work for the DEA after graduating from Baldwin-Wallace College. His first assignment was in Miami and then Bolivia, where he often slept in the jungle as part of a drug-interdiction force near the Brazilian border.

The DEA then gave Lucas his choice of assignments. He returned to his native Cleveland, where he worked closely with the Cleveland Police narcotics unit, often pulling double shifts.

In 2005, Bray was already working as an informant for Mansfield-area police when he came to Cleveland to settle an old score. In a shootout years ago, a drug dealer named Michael Frost had left Bray for dead. So he went to work for Cleveland police to bust Frost, Bray testified.

That's when Lucas met Bray and his Richland County handlers.

Lucas said in court that he offered to help the Richland County Sheriff's Office in the future, not expecting to be taken up on it. But he was, and for two months in 2005 he made regular trips to Mansfield, where he helped supervise Bray and provided the money necessary to make larger drug buys.

That investigation spun out of control, Bray said, when he mislead his handlers, including Lucas, in part to settle old scores in Mansfield. Bray pleaded guilty to lying and is serving 15 years in prison.

Lucas took the witness stand and refuted claims by Bray, the people he helped but in jail and even fellow officers who worked with him on the investigation but testified against him.

Roth tried to instill reasonable doubt in the jurors during his closing arguments on Wednesday. He said the memory of Lucas' fellow drug agents couldn't be trusted.

In the case of Geneva France, who was found guilty by a jury in 2006, Lucas was first shown a picture of another woman before he identified France from a photo.

If Lucas was in the business of framing people, "Why wouldn't he say, yeah, that's her?" when first shown the photo the other woman, Roth asked. "It's an easy way out for him if he's just trying to make cases on anybody."

Roth also claimed the cell phone records prosecutors used to show Bray staged drug deals could not be trusted. Bray used multiple cell phones, not just the ones the government checked, Roth said.

The calls on those phones "were monitored almost exclusively by Chuck Metcalf," Roth said. Metcalf is the Richland County deputy who worked most closely with Lucas and Bray. He pleaded guilty last year to lying about one of the drug deals and agreed to testify against Lucas.

Roth also dismissed the prosecution's claim that several people pleaded guilty to crimes they didn't commit because they were worried they would spend even more time in prison if convicted at trial.

"Everybody who pleaded guilty in the Mansfield cases pleaded guilty because they were guilty," he said.

Pleading guilty is "not a casual thing," Roth said.

Roth also said people arrested in the investigation were career criminals with long records of selling crack cocaine.

"Lee Lucas is on the flip side of that," Roth said. "He signed up for the war on drugs. He's a proud foot soldier and that's it."
Roth also dismissed the prosecution's claim that several people pleaded guilty to crimes they didn't commit because they were worried they would spend even more time in prison if convicted at trial.

"Everybody who pleaded guilty in the Mansfield cases pleaded guilty because they were guilty," he said.
plea bargaining to avoid obscene stretches in prison for crimes you didnt commit? this is unheard of!
Pleading guilty is "not a casual thing," Roth said.
oh i see
The Wages of Ben
INSIDE FISH STICKS, OUTSIDE TARTAR SAUCE

Post by The Wages of Ben »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Black Jacques wrote:fuck that man. I'm not messin' with no giant corn...
dreweq wrote:clasping em like they were pages of the pelican brief she was gonna use to solve a fuckin nancy drew murder mystery or something.
ImageImage
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Seriously now, if you aren't strong enough to tackle somebody, you should NOT be a cop.

I work in a mall. It's on the more "blue collar" side of town, so it's mostly filled with well behaved immigrant families (quite the diverse bunch really), but the trashy fat white people, inner city kids and angsty teenagers and/or juggalos sometimes cause trouble. There are always cops there, breaking up a fight between teenage Puerto Rican girls or busting some moron for trying to steal four pairs of shoes. WELL! Today, some fella was arguing with his wife. He was pretty pissed, spouting obscenities and the like, when a cop tells him to calm down. He told her to fuck off and mind her own business or something of the like. She told him to calm down again, he took a step towards her, and she tazed him...

...and tazed him...

...one more for good measure...

...what the hell, why not one more zap?

He was comatose. It took them half an hour to bring him back. I don't know all the details, but from what Mike The Rad Security Guard could say, she wasn't in any real danger and he was unarmed. So... Why didn't she just pepperspray him? I mean, she HAD pepperspray, but chose instead to nearly kill the guy.

In front of his kid, probably three or four years old.
fvkk