Post something positive that happened today

Music posts are a bannable offense.
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63267
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

I paid for winrar 8)
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 am

visiting a city I lived in twenty years ago and bumped into an old roommate at the mall.we then went for dinner then on to the record store where I found Repulsion's Horrified cd on Necrosis/Earache for ten fucking dollars. obviously the shop owner didn't know shit about pricing rare items.i wanted so badly to tell him how he was ripping himself off for selling that version for ten bucks.not a single mark on the disc.relaxing with a few ice cold beers and watching Seinfeld.today was fun.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Jimm O' Lation wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm visiting a city I lived in twenty years ago and bumped into an old roommate at the mall.we then went for dinner I on to the record store where I found Repulsion's Horrified cd on Necrosis/Earache for ten fucking dollars. obviously the shop owner didn't know shit about pricing rare items.i wanted so badly to tell him how he was ripping himself off for selling that version for ten bucks.not a single mark on the disc.relaxing with a few ice cold beers and watching Seinfeld.today was fun.
Can you be happy more often, please?
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4480
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

I had a record store offer me $2.50 for Melvin’s Electro Retard
We apologize if our activities caused anyone to die.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4480
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Local doom radio show played a Melvin’s song I requested
We apologize if our activities caused anyone to die.
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 am

Glub wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:51 pm
Jimm O' Lation wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm visiting a city I lived in twenty years ago and bumped into an old roommate at the mall.we then went for dinner I on to the record store where I found Repulsion's Horrified cd on Necrosis/Earache for ten fucking dollars. obviously the shop owner didn't know shit about pricing rare items.i wanted so badly to tell him how he was ripping himself off for selling that version for ten bucks.not a single mark on the disc.relaxing with a few ice cold beers and watching Seinfeld.today was fun.
Can you be happy more often, please?
I'm working on it.yesterday was good for the soul.i was just out shopping again and found a refurbished nes for fifty bucks.grabbed a copy of dr. Mario to go with it.the weather is gorgeous today so I have no reason to complain at all.
User avatar
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 16321
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

cxwx wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:37 pm Local doom radio show played a Melvin’s song I requested
Sounds like things are really turning around for you..
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4480
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

the awesome Assassin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am
cxwx wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:37 pm Local doom radio show played a Melvin’s song I requested
Sounds like things are really turning around for you..
Nope
We apologize if our activities caused anyone to die.
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63267
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

just secured a shitload of funding for my science projects :tup:
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Necrometer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 am just secured a shitload of funding for my science projects :tup:
Congratulations!
In my, admittedy limited, experience getting people who are outside of your specialty to fund things your department needs, I know that securing fundsis often hemorrhoidal.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63267
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

Glub wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 am
Necrometer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 am just secured a shitload of funding for my science projects :tup:
Congratulations!
In my, admittedy limited, experience getting people who are outside of your specialty to fund things your department needs, I know that securing funds is often hemorrhoidal.
thanks! the science I do is at peak hype right now, so I'm definitely playing on easy mode. especially with the above case, which was not too painful at all. #blessed

THAT SAID, last august/september I wrote this mega-proposal coordinating the efforts of 6 labs at 3 universities and it nearly fucking killed me. I went from "zero" to "capable" in a few weeks, traded >600 emails, and ended up with nearly 400 files. I'm bumping this thread because I just learned that we were awarded that grant! but yeah... it's like 40% of the money (spread between a few places) and was 5x the effort (the quoted-above project was like 75 files).

does anyone else write proposals? guys?
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 16321
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Tonight the drive home was so nice. It was freezing rain then it got colder and it's been snowing. So bright and beautiful...
User avatar
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18107
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Fart og

I meant to post that a few months ago I threatened to leave my job for another company similar to ours. Mgmt said I can't because I signed a non-compete contract. When I asked to see it they said ok, then the next day asked what the other guys were offering (couldn't find it lol).

I then managed to get myself a salary match, extra commission checks I wasn't going to get from the other dudes, and working 100% remotely :pizza:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
User avatar
MPD
New Membre
Posts: 3162
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63267
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

BUMPED UP OUR EDITING OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM/PROGENITOR CELLS BY 20X

let's not dwell on the fact that this is a change from 0.25% to 5%

Image
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000
Posts: 23956
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Lansing, MI
Contact:

5% of the fountain of youth is pretty good news in 2020
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
User avatar
Krieg
from the moon
Posts: 9812
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:24 pm

The last years haven't been easy at work, I was literally the king of my department, the most knowledgeable guy, killing it every day, but then they decided to close my department and move it to Asia. Several of my coleagues were retrenched and I was in the short list but somehow I managed to get a transfer to a new department. But in a totally different area, so I went from king to nobody, from an international team to a team who talks to no one, doing something I do not really like that much, so a really big change. The payment is very good for this city so considering I am not that young anymore I decided to ride it. Then they retrenched more people and I was again in the short list but again survived in the last minute. It has been now three years in the new department, finally I am getting decent at what we do here, I have now my projects and I am building engineer for one of the three products we do here, so things are slowly getting better.

But now the good thing that happened today, I am happy to share that today I was finally assigned again a windows desk. Three difficult years of being a walled nobody and now I am again part of the window elite. Prost.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
User avatar
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...
Posts: 8178
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: You can find me in the tub, bottle full of Bud.

:cheers: :cheers: windows

============================================

We're acquiring another new indoor grow facility that's literally next door to one of our existing facilities; probably gonna goose our Y/Y gross revenues by like 40-50% (zero SG&A increase, nominal direct labor increase) and will probably be humming on all cylinders by Q2 2021

(I'm hoping NJ votes for adult use this November, because I have a feeling we could successfully target that market and make just so much goddamn money there: MA has huge flows of NY buyers despite being 3 hours from NYC; if retailers can position themselves near any PATH/NJT stations, they will bring in so much goddamn NYC business)
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17469
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

i slept like a fucking baby
User avatar
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000
Posts: 23956
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Lansing, MI
Contact:

Krieg wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:52 am But now the good thing that happened today, I am happy to share that today I was finally assigned again a windows desk. Three difficult years of being a walled nobody and now I am again part of the window elite. Prost.
Awesome.

I currently have a huge office in a hospital with my own bathroom/shower and a great view out of the 5th floor. But that is because it is an old patient room in a part of the hospital that we don't use for patient care. A new hopsital is being built and I will be in a cubicle in the basement next to the morgue. I probably won't stay long enough to get promoted as I have been getting job offers from a german company (B.Braun) but the job is here in the US.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
User avatar
kevin hash
I like to smell things.
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: atlanta georgia

the awesome Assassin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am
cxwx wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:37 pm Local doom radio show played a Melvin’s song I requested
Sounds like things are really turning around for you..
Kill yourself meltface.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
User avatar
THE KILL
Jesus never gave me that bike!
Posts: 4381
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

A new colleague and I have been hitting it off the last couple of weeks, and tonight, she'll drop by for dinner and a film.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

THE KILL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:24 am A new colleague and I have been hitting it off the last couple of weeks, and tonight, she'll drop by for dinner and a film.
Fuck yea; get up in there and build a nest.

Expecting a triple-header today AND chicken wings!
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
User avatar
kevin hash
I like to smell things.
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: atlanta georgia

THE KILL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:24 am A new colleague and I have been hitting it off the last couple of weeks, and tonight, she'll drop by for dinner and a film.
When you say "film" does that mean you are going to film your sperm silo going in and out of her deli doors?
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
User avatar
THE KILL
Jesus never gave me that bike!
Posts: 4381
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

:lol: you people...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Post Reply