Wiisconsin "Well, you'll work hard with a gun in your back"

Music posts are a bannable offense.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Wiisconsin "Well, you'll work hard with a gun in your ba

Post by father of lies »

Oh don't be such a crabass fartypants. I was just agreeing with Gooky.
fvkk
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

father of lies wrote:Oh don't be such a crabass fartypants. I was just agreeing with Gooky.
Oh, so you've just now heard of gookstorm and torison having vehemently opposing view points?
Wank night's cancelled
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

It's not that. Father of Thighs is just like....maybe a fat woman in her mid to late 30s in the freshman level sociology or political science class that you're just taking as an elective, and she's got a fucking trite, predictable opinion on everything and won't hesitate to let everyone know about it. And she takes herself really seriously and is obtuse enough not to know that she even annoys the professor.
Haha,
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Well I DO live in Wisconsin...
fvkk
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

father of lies wrote:Image

I'm in there somewhere. My school, at noon.
Look at all the future private sector workers!
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

father of lies wrote:Employee wages are only like 9% of the budget, so this shit saves less than .1% or some such meaningless number. As it stands, the bill is like a 10% pay cut, plus frozen wages, plus when wages are unfrozen they can only go up with the CPI. I've seen multiple articles predicting thousands of jobs lost and devastated government income due to decreased consumer purchases.
can you toss me a link to all the numbers you're referencing?
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

I'll post a ton of articles when I find them again. That shit is getting buried.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/pdf_f8ce991 ... 03286.html
The bill itself

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 002e0.html
Effects on Medicaid

http://www.epi.org/publications/entry/6759/
Only the 1% of public employees with no high school diplomas make more than private sector employees

http://markpocanwi.blogspot.com/
This is a democratic state rep who is obviously pretty biased, but I can no longer find the other things that say:
Total salaries and compensation in the last budget were 8.5% of the entire state budget. Even with the changes being made to paying more for health insurance and pensions, the total is less than 1/10th of one percent.

I'll post more n umbers as I find them.
fvkk
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Then there's this.

Shouting starts at 4:45. The republicans told the democrats in the assembly proceedings would start at 5pm, and they started voted at 4:57pm, before the democrats got there.

Different guy. Shouting.

http://milwaukeecountyfirst.com/?p=2251
It never ends.
fvkk
death by snoo snoo
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by death by snoo snoo »

Fox News, per usual, cutting straight to the heart of the matter.

University of Wisconsin Medical School Investigating Doctors' Notes at Protest

by Fox News | February 21, 2011

The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health is investigating whether some of its doctors wrote fake sick notes to people protesting the governor's plan to strip public union employees of the right to collectively bargain.Over the weekend, FOX News reported that doctors from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine were manning a doctor station to write medical notes excusing those protesting at the Wisconsin State Capitol from work. Physicians were seen standing on a street corner wearing lab coats and giving out medical notes."This involves a few individuals out of the nearly 1,300 physicians at UW Health," Lisa Brunette, Director of Media Relations for the school said in an email."These UW Health physicians were acting on their own and without the knowledge or approval of UW Health, she continued. "These charges are very serious and in response the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and the University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation, two of the entities that comprise UW Health, will immediately launch an investigation of the reported behavior. The investigation will identify which UW Health physicians were involved and whether their behavior constituted violations of medical ethics or University of Wisconsin and UW Health policies and work rules."

Many protesters could be in violation of their work contracts if they call out sick without a medical excuse. But a fraudulent doctor's notes could protect them from punishment by their employers even though they weren't sick and were out protesting.

FOX News Chicago Bureau Chief Todd Ciganek contributed to this story.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

The Torsion wrote:But do you have to be in a public sector union to work for the state?
I'm sure there are different situations in different states so I'm only answering for my own state. It depends on a few different factors:

- I work for the state but I'm not in the union since I am management. I'm not a manager (supervisor) but the duties I perform and information I work with make me management service. I'm not protected by a collective bargaining agreement, the governor and/or legislature can pretty much do whatever they want to me.

- Not all state agencies are unionized. For those technical staff that are unrepresented, they follow the same administrative statutes and policies that I do.

- For those technical staff that are in a unionized agency, they can choose not to sign on with the union which makes them 'fair share'. They still have dues taken out of their pay but the union is not allowed to use it for political activity.

- One tiny clause, which I've never seen invoked, is union contract language which states that if you are a member of a religious group that forbids you to join organized groups such as a union, you can have the equal amount of $ that would usually be union dues taken out of your pay and given to a charity.

As I've stated many times here, my negative feelings toward unions do not come from being management. They come from spending 5 years as a union employee. Although I'm not sure I'd want to see what happened if the stuff happening in Wisc started happening here......
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Introvert wrote:
The Torsion wrote:But do you have to be in a public sector union to work for the state?
- For those technical staff that are in a unionized agency, they can choose not to sign on with the union which makes them 'fair share'. They still have dues taken out of their pay but the union is not allowed to use it for political activity.
Oregon is a not a "right to work (for less)" state, which means that if you have a job that is part of a bargaining agreement, you have to pay dues. What you're describing is a Beck Objector, who still has to make the same monthly contribution, but can choose to have their money go to a charity intead of the union.

In "right to work" states, individuals can opt out of having to pay any dues, even though they would still enjoy the benefits of the collective bargaining agreement; "free riders".

It's a subtle distinction, but it's not hard to see the implications.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

I have avoided keeping up with this story, but why are anarchists(?) protesting for jobs in the state sector?...
kale
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

neckbeard wrote:I have avoided keeping up with this story, but why are anarchists(?) protesting for jobs in the state sector?...
:tup:
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Pisscubes wrote:
father of lies wrote:The republicans told the democrats in the assembly proceedings would start at 5pm, and they started voted at 4:57pm, before the democrats got there.
Should state politicians really be engaging in the kind of trickery I'd expect to see from the "rich kids" in an 80s summer camp movie?
haha, it's a retarded symbolic vote, anyway.
w/out the Dems, they don't have enough people for a quorum, so the vote is not valid.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

neckbeard wrote:I have avoided keeping up with this story, but why are anarchists(?) protesting for jobs in the state sector?...
Oh come on man. Labor rights are labor rights, no matter whether the garbage man in question works for the state or Waste Management.
Hypnagogia wrote:haha, it's a retarded symbolic vote, anyway.
w/out the Dems, they don't have enough people for a quorum, so the vote is not valid.
This was the Assembly. The senators are still in Illinois afaik.

The unions have officially endorsed a general strike, and are discussing how to prepare for one. :theylive:
fvkk
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

HURR IMA DEPUTY ATTORNY GENERAL
WUTS A TWITTER
http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02 ... protesters

On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn't end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: "Use live ammunition."

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
As one of 144 attorneys in that office, Jeff Cox has represented the people of his state for 10 years. And for much of that time, it turns out, he's vented similar feelings on Twitter and on his blog, Pro Cynic. In his nonpolitical tweets and blog posts, Cox displays a keen litigator's mind, writing sharply and often wittily on military history and professional basketball. But he evinces contempt for political opponents—from labeling President Obama an "incompetent and treasonous" enemy of the nation to comparing "enviro-Nazis" to Osama bin Laden, likening ex-Labor Secretary Robert Reich and Service Employees International Union members to Nazi "brownshirts" on multiple occasions, and referring to an Indianapolis teen as "a black teenage thug who was (deservedly) beaten up" by local police. A "sensible policy for handling Afghanistan," he offered, could be summed up as: "KILL! KILL! ANNIHILATE!"

Early Sunday, Mother Jones sent an email to Cox's work address at the Indiana attorney general's office, asking if the Twitter and blog comments were his, and if he could provide context for some of them. He responded shortly after from a personal email address: "For 'context?' Or to silence me? All my comments on twitter & my blog are my own and no one else's. And I can defend them all.

"[Y]ou will probably try to demonize me," he wrote, "but that comes with the territory."

To be sure, in the current political climate, partisan rhetoric has run hot online—and the Constitution guarantees everyone's right to such rhetoric. Nonetheless, a spokesman for the Indiana attorney general's office, Bryan Corbin, told Mother Jones that Cox's statements were "inflammatory," and he promised "an immediate review" of the matter. "We do not condone any comments that would threaten or imply violence or intimidation toward anyone," Corbin added.

The incident seems all the more troubling now that the public-sector union fight playing out in Wisconsin is now headed to other states—including Indiana, where GOP senators Tuesday passed a bill that would abolish collective bargaining for state teachers. (Indiana's Republican governor walked back his support of the measure Tuesday after taking stock of the opposition.) Cox's public writings made it clear that he isn't a member of a public-service union, and he has no love for those who are.

"Individuals have the First Amendment right to post their own personal views in online forums on their own time," Corbin wrote to Mother Jones, "but as public servants, state employees also should strive to conduct themselves with professionalism and appropriate decorum in their interactions with the public." Cox had been contacted by the office, Corbin added: "We have reiterated to the employee the standards of professional conduct expected for all licensed attorneys and for employees of the Indiana Attorney General's Office. After all the relevant information is obtained, this agency then will determine whether there has been any violation of the personnel handbook."

In the meantime, we hoped to give Cox a chance to explain his thoughts in greater detail. In his initial email to Mother Jones, Cox had written, "Ask what questions you want & I will do my best to answer. Maybe you'll learn something. Maybe I'll learn something." So we emailed him a list of questions:

What did he mean when he tweeted: "Planned Parenthood could help themselves if the only abortions they performed were retroactive"?

In referring to President Obama, why did he use a George W. Bush line once directed at the Iraqi people: "Your enemy is not surrounding your country, your enemy is ruling your country"?

Were members of the SEIU really like Hitler's Sturmabteilung, and did he stand by his headline, "Putting the 'Reich' in Robert Reich"?

We never heard back.

UPDATE: Indiana is conducting an "immediate review" of Cox's comments and will take "appropriate personnel action" when the review of this "serious matter" is complete, according to a statement the state attorney general's office released Wednesday.

Adam Weinstein is Mother Jones' copy editor. For more of his stories, click here or follow him on Twitter. Get Adam Weinstein's RSS feed.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Last edited by Cascade Whore on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wank night's cancelled
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Think anyone will notice if we swap out Scott Walkers in the middle of the night?
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

What are labor rights?
Haha,
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Cascade Whore wrote:prank call
This really could have been MUCH better. It still proves that it's about busting unions and not filling any monetary holes. The scary part is that it really seems like he thinks like he's doing the right thing, while still slurping the Kochs' acidic black cum.
fvkk
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Oh man, you went and invoked THE KOCH BROTHARZ!1 So he must also advocate complete de-regulation of narcotics, open borders, withdrawing all military bases and troops stationed overseas and ending all subsidies.
Haha,
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

...or the guy's just an idiot for thinking that the only solution to what he perceives to be a systemic labor cost problem in his state is to prevent collective bargaining writ large. There is that option.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Okay, but I was asking how that tied him to the Kochs. I don't think that jumping to hyperbolic conspiracy theories is helpful.
Haha,
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

On the right, in the background...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road