Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by The Real MPD »

Californication Season 4 - 8
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

nomb wrote:The Walking Dead, first season 7-8/10

Some of the dialogues are stupid, but zombies re always cool. I couldn't help myself but enjoy this series, despite some minor shortcomings.
Truth. There were some awful cliches, but the intensity of the show made up for it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Shane beating Ed to a pulp made me very happy.
Death Note- 9
Blassreiter- 7.5
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

in the middle of pyschoville series 2, so far 6/10, not as good as the first, trying to hard to be 'weird'.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm finally watching Twin Peaks. Yeah, for the first time in my life, and I know how ridiculous that is.

Watched the pilot yesterday, and tbqh it took me a while to get over the inch-thick Lynchness of it all, the slow pace and the stilted dialogue. I'm usually a fan, but this is pretty extreme. Anyway, will watch the rest now that I can't play videogames with my arm in a cast. Sigh.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Fields of Shit
Keep it thick...

Post by Fields of Shit »

I just can't get into watching series
Look at that lighthouse. That's the ultimate expression of phallocentric technocracy violating Mother Sky.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Jericho - Season 2: 8/10. Considering what happened (show was canceled after season 1, then brought back due to fan pressure, low budget, short season with only 8 episodes, etc) it is a pretty solid season. Because of the few episodes made, the story is just pure action, all the love shit, family drama, crappy side plots, etc is left aside and they concentrated in the main story. I have problems to decide which season was better, I kind of like the second one more but then you can see it was rushed and it had almost no character development, but you can't blame them. Whoever who decided to cancel this show should die in a fire.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Bored013 wrote:
ThePhillyExperiment wrote:Generation Kill - 9.5/10
I loved that show.
The more I think about it, the more I realize I can never watch True Blood again, seeing Skarsgård in such a substandard role.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

spacehamster wrote:I'm finally watching Twin Peaks. Yeah, for the first time in my life, and I know how ridiculous that is.

Watched the pilot yesterday, and tbqh it took me a while to get over the inch-thick Lynchness of it all, the slow pace and the stilted dialogue. I'm usually a fan, but this is pretty extreme. Anyway, will watch the rest now that I can't play videogames with my arm in a cast. Sigh.
Just started watching this. I wish Frank Booth was the villain.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Whee of the Dead wrote:
spacehamster wrote:I'm finally watching Twin Peaks. Yeah, for the first time in my life, and I know how ridiculous that is.

Just started watching this. I wish Frank Booth was the villain.
Baby wants to fuck Sherilyn Fenn?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

Krieg wrote:Jericho - ...... Whoever who decided to cancel this show should die in a fire.
honestly i was surprised it was actually ever made.

Swamp People : watched it all/10

coonasses hunt gators. hilarity ensues.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Pillars of the Earth - 8
Hedgetrimmer
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Hedgetrimmer »

The Vampire Diaries Season 1 - 8
Season 2 - 9
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

watching mad men with the wife because she heard it was cool. i am so bored. in the 50s, people smoked all the time, and men did not respect women. we get it.
Image Certified Poster
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Hedgetrimmer wrote:The Vampire Diaries Season 1 - 8
Season 2 - 9
Wait, that CW series? :lol:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Is it any good :oops: ?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Hedgetrimmer

Post by Hedgetrimmer »

Ghost Dad wrote:
Season 2 - 9
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
It shits all over True Blood, not that that is an amazing feat in itself.

The first half a dozen episodes are typical CW highschool romance stuff but from about episode 6 they start to expand the world and the pace just rockets along. It reminds me of the Shield in its sense of speed and the stakes always being high. The amoint of plot they have churned through in the 2 seasons would easily fill four or five seasons of most other shows. It also probably has the best cliffhangers of any show ever, the show has made me say 'Oh Fuck!' out loud watching by myself almost every second episode. They also kill off characters at a fairly brisk pace which means you never know if any of the characters are safe. There are also no boring sideplots as every plot always links back to the main plot. Ian Somerhalder (Boone from Lost) puts in an amazing hammy performance as the 'bad' vampire, all crazy eyes and insane line readings, he is really the only reason to watch the show in the first few episodes.

I know that it sounds terrible and the first few episodes are but it is one of the most addictive shows I have ever seen. Its never going to be The Wire or Breaking Bad but its not trying to be, its just a really, really fun show. I reccomend it to everyone.

Also Team Damon for lyfe.
Hedgetrimmer

Post by Hedgetrimmer »

Hedgetrimmer wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote:
Season 2 - 9
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
It shits all over True Blood, not that that is an amazing feat in itself.

The first half a dozen episodes are typical CW highschool romance stuff but from about episode 6 they start to expand the world and the pace just rockets along. It reminds me of the Shield in its sense of speed and the stakes always being high. The amoint of plot they have churned through in the 2 seasons would easily fill four or five seasons of most other shows. It also probably has the best cliffhangers of any show ever, the show has made me say 'Oh Fuck!' out loud watching by myself almost every second episode. They also kill off characters at a fairly brisk pace which means you never know if any of the characters are safe. There are also no boring sideplots as every plot always links back to the main plot. Ian Somerhalder (Boone from Lost) puts in an amazing hammy performance as the 'bad' vampire, all crazy eyes and insane line readings, he is really the only reason to watch the show in the first few episodes.

I know that it sounds terrible and the first few episodes are but it is one of the most addictive shows I have ever seen. Its never going to be The Wire or Breaking Bad but its not trying to be, its just a really, really fun show. I reccomend it to everyone.

Also Team Damon for lyfe.
Also

and

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Word up. Sweaty goes ga-ga (no pun intended) for vampire media, so we'll have to check it out.

Desert Punk- 8. Also one of the funniest anime series I've seen to date.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

featherboa wrote:watching mad men with the wife because she heard it was cool. i am so bored. in the 50s
Yeah, because Mad Men is set in the 50s. :fp:

I just finally got on to the Game of Thrones bandwagon. Yeah... good show. 9/10.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

battlestar galactica (second time) 8/10

it flounders a little between the middle of the third and middle of the fourth seasons, the religion stuff is hokey, and they obviously ran out of things to do with baltar by the 4th season. but the last episode is so good and so profoundly sad that it makes up for those shortcomings
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
when sam flies into the sun (see you on the other side...) and when adama flies away and laura dies (the hand slipping down and the wedding ring) and starbuck disappears and and and

fuck :cry: :cry:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

8.5 / 10
buenoallthetime
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by buenoallthetime »

Just finished Party Down. 8/10
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Twilight Zone: :awesome: / :cheers:

So many episodes are super touching, I always forget

The Donald Pleasance episode in season 3, :cry:
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

kickpuncher wrote:Andy Barker P.I. - 10
Talk about an unfair cancellation.
This looks GREAT—thanks for mentioning it! Will report back with results.

For the record, I'm currently watching Parks and Recreation and I'm about 3/4 of the way done with season 2.

Season 1: 6/10
Season 2: 9.5/10!

Seriously, this show somehow improves with each episode.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Night Court: The Entire Fucking Thing - 10
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Luther series 2 : 9/10 so far, this is fucking great.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.