Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Re: Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by kevin hash »

The Bill wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:27 pm
kevin hash wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:23 pm Gonna watch the Nick Gage episode of Dark Side of the Ring.

Where you dudes at on him?
In my teens, 20’s, and early 30’s I’d of watched deathmatch shit if I ran afoul of it. Nowadays, it’s pretty obnoxious and no more realistic than Orange Cassidy matches. Based on what I’m watching here, Gage seems like a douchebag.
I'm really surprised one of these death match fucks hasn't been killed yet.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Zombies…..
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

The Bill wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:41 am Zombies…..
Read something about that. Glad I'm not paying money to watch that shit.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

zombiehead wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:51 am
I’m not referring to fake, embarrassing, or cringe worthy, but in terms of pure fucking stupid, I’m not sure this worse than the zombies.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Is it a good or bad thing that TYT doesn’t realize his name is a reference to GG Allin? They’re supposed to be journalists after all.
Ill body
/
Ill will
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Those motherfuckers are not journalists.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

kevin hash wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:21 pm Those motherfuckers are not journalists.
I’ve only ever ran afoul of them from Facebook ads or clips or something dumb. I thought they were just a QVC infomercial type program.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

This guy just got 25 years in prison for sex crimes
Ill body
/
Ill will
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Was a shitbag in his wrestling days too.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I’ve decided to rewatch WCW Nitro from the very beginning (haven’t seen it since original air dates). Well, rewatch isn’t completely accurate, as I never watched most of it till summer of ‘96, then would miss chunks here and there. Don’t know when to stop as I’d rather avoid the Russo/Jarrett era but need to see Big Papa Pump.
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

I was a pretty avid Nitro watcher. I almost never watched WWF during this time unless someone called me and said "dude.....turn on RAW."

I still think the early days of the NWO are the best.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

The Bill wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:51 pm I’ve decided to rewatch WCW Nitro from the very beginning (haven’t seen it since original air dates). Well, rewatch isn’t completely accurate, as I never watched most of it till summer of ‘96, then would miss chunks here and there. Don’t know when to stop as I’d rather avoid the Russo/Jarrett era but need to see Big Papa Pump.
It really starts to go downhill drastically when Warrior shows up in August of 98. But that's also right around the peak of Goldberg so you still get some good stuff occasionally.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I can remember one of the first angles I saw when I had started watching wrestling again in the early to mid 2000’s was The Big Shows dad dying of cancer and then the Big Boss Man ( in full black ops ATF gear now ) dragging the coffin away with a tow truck at the funeral while the Big Slow hangs onto the casket in tears and thinking “woah, this is pretty fucked up to show on regular TV, this is awesome!!” And then that gimmick just getting reconned out as some executive probably decided that it WAS too fucked up for TV.
Ill body
/
Ill will
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

cxwx wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:19 am I can remember one of the first angles I saw when I had started watching wrestling again in the early to mid 2000’s was The Big Shows dad dying of cancer and then the Big Boss Man ( in full black ops ATF gear now ) dragging the coffin away with a tow truck at the funeral while the Big Slow hangs onto the casket in tears and thinking “woah, this is pretty fucked up to show on regular TV, this is awesome!!” And then that gimmick just getting reconned out as some executive probably decided that it WAS too fucked up for TV.
That was 1999 and it was fucking hilarious. They didn't really retcon it out, Boss Man was still a sick son of a bitch. In his next feud he killed Al Snow's dog and made him eat it.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

3 Nitro thoughts so far:

1) these dudes are so much bigger than nowadays wrestlers. Not just muscle, but height and thickness.
2) Machoman is amazing in WCW. Good guy but paranoid to shit.
3) they don't do crazy moves and flips, but the matches tell more of a story.

Happy so far to watch this.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Can’t wait for Prichard’s attempt at defending this 5 or so years from now:

kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Who the fuck are these no name bland fags on commentary.

WWE just needs to get sold off.....its over.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

kevin hash wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 pm Who the fuck are these no name bland fags on commentary.

WWE just needs to get sold off.....its over.
I hope Turner buys them.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Alexa Plick
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

cxwx wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:19 am I can remember one of the first angles I saw when I had started watching wrestling again in the early to mid 2000’s was The Big Shows dad dying of cancer and then the Big Boss Man ( in full black ops ATF gear now ) dragging the coffin away with a tow truck at the funeral while the Big Slow hangs onto the casket in tears and thinking “woah, this is pretty fucked up to show on regular TV, this is awesome!!” And then that gimmick just getting reconned out as some executive probably decided that it WAS too fucked up for TV.
I grew up on WWF in the 80s, and occasionally watched NWA. WWF had the good guy champs, and NWA had the bad guy champs, so I was more into Hulk than Flair I guess. I stopped watching around 92 or so, occasionally catch a WCW show or rent a WWF Tape or whatever. I started re-watching wrestling in the mid-90s again, like most people. I was torn at the beginning because I love the Hart Foundation fueds at the time on WWF but I loved the NWO angle as well. I would always flip back and forth. The last feud I gave a crap about in WWF was the Brian Pillman / Steve Austin one but that obviously didn't have an ending. Besides that, WWF always seemed like a step behind. WCW had NWO, WWF had DX. NWO parodied the Four Horsemen, DX parodied the Nation of Domination. WCW had Eric Bishoff, then WWF had Vince McMahon. WCW did Thunder, WWF did Smackdown, etc etc etc...

I eventually stuck with WCW. I loved the feel and attitude of it. It seemed more wild and unpredictable. WWF seemed sterile and scripted to me. I loved the way people would fight in the crowd in WCW, the fans were closer, they used guard rails and not that stupid black barrier. The fans would go fucking nuts. People would throw drinks at wrestlers. I remember Bret Hart getting hit with an egg on Thunder. Wrestlers seemed like they were 30 yards apart from the fans on RAW going down that big ass ramp. You would see some crazy ass signs in the crowd, I'm almost positive WWF would steal your signs if they didn't approve of them first. Thats fucked.

I was obsessed with WCW at this point, and would watch everything related to it. Nitro, Saturday Night, Thunder, World Wide, etc. I even watched that entire MTV summer special w/ Fear Factory. It was awful but I watched it. I stayed home from school so I could call in and talk to Scotty Riggs on the radio and eventually meet him. That was embarrassing for both of us. I was one of two people to show up and the only one to call in. Ha.

Anyways, WCW had such a huge roster. It dwarfed WWF. The Crusierweights, and Mexicans in general were a blast to watch. They had an actual Tag Division. A lot of people gave WCW crap for having a bunch of old WWF dudes on the roster but damn, Randy Savage could still go at it. Hogan played a smart weak heel. WCW had a bunch of great originals like Sting, Flair, Harlem Heat, Steiners, DDP, Goldberg, etc... I was really into Raven, Kanyon, Kidman, Jericho, Eddie, Saturn, Benoit, La Parka, etc. WCW had squash matches, WWF had such a small roster they couldn't do that. I feel like WWF probably had better main events than WCW because the roster was so tight, and WCW did a lot of gimmick shit like Karl Malone, and Jay Leno and David Arquette. WCW ruled the mid-card and lower card to me.

So yea, for a short few years, I fucking loved WCW. I eventually stopped watching it around 1999 but I didn't start watching WWF or anything. I just started watching more ECW now that I was able to get it on the MSG channel around 98 ish. Long story short, I really loved WWF as a kid, and grew to hate it. They blew the WCW invasion angle and it has been unwatchable for 20 years. There are too many shows, to many PPVs, to many champions, too many wrestlers. I'm glad I gave up on it a long time ago, what a waste.

I tried to rewatch all those old Nitros a few years ago, but WWE Network didn't have the old Saturday Night episodes on it (at the time, maybe they do now?). I dont think they had Thunder either. It just didn't make sense to continue after the first year and a half of Nitro.
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Nitro pretty much stomped RAW.

I still think so.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

kevin hash wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:09 pm Nitro pretty much stomped RAW.

I still think so.
Been getting through Nitro slowly but it amazes me I can actually sit through stuff like a Disco Inferno vs Alex Wright match and be engaged. I won’t even insult WCW by comparing it to present WWE matches, but I doubt I could even sit still through a Val Venus or any 90’s EXTREME stuff from old RAW either. AEW compares better to ECW, in that, what fucked up shit will I see this time. Only difference being ECW was more “what are they going to do to themselves?” vs AEW’s “how are they going to accidentally hurt themselves?”.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »