The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by The Bill »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:
The Schwartz wrote:you some kind of retard?, boy
come on, the two are practically identical... the only difference, as far as I can see, is that when giving a backdrop driver you tuck your head to one side of your opponent's body... after seeing Eddie Kingston drop Sami Callihan on his own face with a botched German and bust up his own nose so badly that it needed surgery, if anything the backdrop driver looks safer overall :?

I heard from a Golden Retriever named Cuddles that the PERFECT 'PLEX was just a fisherman's suplex. Also, she told me that the Stone Cold Stunner, RKO, and Diamond Cutter are the same shit. It's all good, if dudes use the same moves, as long as they put some sort of personality on it. Only time I can remember two dudes using the same move at the same time would be Kane/Undertaker - Tombstone Piledriver, and Nash/Sid - Powerbomb. Oh, and almost every young guy at the end of WCW using the Super Kick.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote:
come on, the two are practically identical... the only difference, as far as I can see, is that when giving a backdrop driver you tuck your head to one side of your opponent's body... after seeing Eddie Kingston drop Sami Callihan on his own face with a botched German and bust up his own nose so badly that it needed surgery, if anything the backdrop driver looks safer overall :?

I heard from a Golden Retriever named Cuddles that the PERFECT 'PLEX was just a fisherman's suplex. Also, she told me that the Stone Cold Stunner, RKO, and Diamond Cutter are the same shit. It's all good, if dudes use the same moves, as long as they put some sort of personality on it. Only time I can remember two dudes using the same move at the same time would be Kane/Undertaker - Tombstone Piledriver, and Nash/Sid - Powerbomb. Oh, and almost every young guy at the end of WCW using the Super Kick.
Swagger/Kurt Angle - Ankle Lock, but Swagger is such a (piss poor) rip off Angle, I think it's more of a mock than anything else. What a lanky, lisp-y fuck Swagger is. I really don't like him. He did have some pretty great matches with Christian, though.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

The Bill wrote:

Yeah, but those are just wrestlers having their own pet names for the move they use as their finisher. "German suplex" and "backdrop driver" are generic names for two very similar moves.

Other different-name-but-it's-the-same-thing examples, off the top of my head:
Cop Killer / Drake's Landing / vertebreaker
Pedigree / Pepsi Plunge
Tiger driver / Praying Mantis Bomb
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Cocaine Wolf
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by Cocaine Wolf »

The Bill wrote:

Yeah, but those are just wrestlers having their own pet names for the move they use as their finisher. "German suplex" and "backdrop driver" are generic names for two very similar moves.

Other different-name-but-it's-the-same-thing examples, off the top of my head:
Cop Killer / Drake's Landing / vertebreaker
Pedigree / Pepsi Plunge
Tiger driver / Praying Mantis Bomb
All wrestling moves are just a slight variant of another, and the name changes by one thing being different such as the grip. What started as a belly to back from amateur wrestling becomes a german suplex if you wrap the waist, a dragon suplex if you do it from a full nelson grip, a tiger suplex if you double overhook the arms... honestly it could go on forever. The same goes for powerbombs, drivers, topés, hell everything in wrestling. The back drop driver wasn't a generic name for a universal move, it was the name given to the high angle sheer drop backdrop which only Williams was doing in that way at that time. Any move can be broken down from it's signature name into what it really is. Also, the pedigree isn't the same move as the Pepsi Plunge, as the Pepsi Plunge is done off the top rope. Though we will never see it in the WWE because HHH wouldn't allow it, and since CM Punk's WWE attire and entire offense are completely ripped off from KENTA,

The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

and now if any more retard talk on that topic continues I may be forced to lock the thread, because I can't continue not reading any posts in this thread
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

So, my "sources" disclosed the finish to Summerslam, and I must admit I did not see this coming, but it makes sense if they do it old school style. PLEASE, do not open the spoiler unless you want to potentially ruin the PPV. Again, this is just me checking my sources and their legitimacy. IF you do read it, please do not ruin it for anyone because you are excited or disappointed.

OK
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Cena turns heel! Cena and HHH cheat Punk out of the win, igniting a fire in Punk that will fuel a lengthy and amazing feud. After the match, Laurenitis gives Cena his ring attire (hat, logo shirt)at the top of the ramp, and Cena burns that shit. He even burns the Jorts! I don't know if everyone's gonna hate him for this, but expect the smartass cruel Cena to come back. They are taking a major gamble with that, but Punk will do the Pepsi plunge on HHH in retaliation, and pledge to take out every person who works in the back, and he will begin recruiting his Straight Edge Army.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

how did you not see that coming that's what I imagined everyone is thinking after what happened on monday
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Colt Cabana isn't taking any jobs after his tryout, he is making up bullshit excuses to promoters saying oh I'll be overseas or I'll be out of town for something else. I know a promoter that has asked for his schedule after saying that so they can book him when he is free just to get no response at all after that. So obviously something has happened.

Also word is that Claudio/Hero are bypassing FCW development and making it to the show so there is your angle for a Straight Edge Army
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

This is the WWE though, if they get spooked they always have a plan B ready, if say dirtsheets find out the plans. Or if HHH lurks the board looking for inspiration in a sport he loves. Then we are fucked.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Punk could just as easily turn heel. Imagine that? He's the kind of worker who could have the whole world turn on him with a single promo. He could dupe Cena, turning Johnny Cakes into Superman, but Punk could possibly incite a riot. Punk heel turn at Summerslam=/- Hollywood Hogan heel turn. Tough call if it goes down that way.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Also word is that Claudio/Hero are bypassing FCW development and making it to the show so there is your angle for a Straight Edge Army
I hope Claudio can pee clean.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Punk is neither a heel or face though, what exactly is he going to do that would turn him heel? There is nothing he could possibly do that would make anyone boo him. He is like Randy Orton in that respect. You have to let him do his thing because no matter what people know better.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

The Schwartz wrote:Punk is neither a heel or face though, what exactly is he going to do that would turn him heel? There is nothing he could possibly do that would make anyone boo him. He is like Randy Orton in that respect. You have to let him do his thing because no matter what people know better.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
You're telling me if Punk goes out there and screws Cena and sides with HHH and his cronies, the fans would still cheer him? No way. Punk could make a crowd hate him. But I think the money is him making the fans love him. He'll sell more merch that way.
Yeah, pure speculation
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
and you're fucking nuts if you think they won't cheer him and just continue booing HHH
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

At this point, I should disclose my nuttiness.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

the cena heel turn is necessary.

whatever happens it's going to be interesting. this situation basically writes itself.

p.s. can someone tell me what the appeal of alberto del rio is? is he supposed to be like spic flair or something?
Cocaine Wolf

Post by Cocaine Wolf »

Turd Murder wrote:
I hope Claudio can pee clean.
Amen to that. I would love to see Claudio in WWE, but he will be half his current size if he has to cut out the juice.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So in roughly only two months time Mr. Anderson went from face to heel to face again? Oh TNA! Oh, Russo!
gelatinous cube
Hetero as hell...

Post by gelatinous cube »

edit... ignore my previous posting. I meant to post this - the greatest moment in my sad, southern wrestling youth.

Cocaine Wolf

Post by Cocaine Wolf »

That took me back. Maybe a bit too far...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKxRo1a ... C1A644C189<
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

The Bill wrote:So in roughly only two months time Mr. Anderson went from face to heel to face again? Oh TNA! Oh, Russo!
TNA is a bunch of crap. wish that company would fuckin drop dead.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Wank night's cancelled
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

BUNGVOX wrote:
The Bill wrote:So in roughly only two months time Mr. Anderson went from face to heel to face again? Oh TNA! Oh, Russo!
Kurt Angle also officially switched to heel. So, that is two major dudes doing a turn in the same episode... actually Daniels came across like he was up to no good. So, is that three turns in one show? :what:
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

The Bill wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:
Kurt Angle also officially switched to heel. So, that is two major dudes doing a turn in the same episode... actually Daniels came across like he was up to no good. So, is that three turns in one show? :what:
they'll all be babyfaces by the end of the week.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So, honest to goodness, I did not read the Turd Dude's spoiler because I thought it would make me really angry, and the WWE would destroy Punk because there are still so many people in the arena that drools over Cena. and I still have hope. Check out my diary which I've been writing now for a few hours randomly here and there tonight like a damn fool ( and drinking and editing as I go). Two bottles of fine wine in. My silly choice, my last true night of freedom and I decided to discuss wrestling. Fuck it, it's the thing I've watched the most these last four months. I've seen countless "shoot" interviews, old times wrasslin', Attitude WWF and n.W.o. WCW and finally ROH. Also,a bunch of proper ECW:

A heel "pretty boy" will still bring in the broads. The young kids will still love Mysterio and Sin Cara, who is interchangeable.

Hmm? I was walking around in a circle like a chooch, then some things dawned on me. Cena compared himself to Hogan, hmm? HHH said the winner will be who he want's, hmm? Cena didn't say he respected the fans only HIS fans, hmm? And he got mad at Punk for expressing his opinion, even though he used to say everyone has their own opinion, hmm? I call Cena finally goes heel Summerslam, and Punk ends up bringing some young guys to help the fight, like Cabana and the Kings of Wrestling.

And with Mysterio being the number one contender on RAW. It only makes perfect sense that heel Cena crushes him, because Mysterio is still legitimately injured. Also, who's going to be the heel against the Rock. I know I've thought too much about this. Yet, I think my isolated insanity as finally produced fruit. I'm finally in tune with McMahon.

I hope this happens, I really hope. Pipe dream. In reality I imagine Del Boreo wins it from either champ. which is not good. He needs a few more years to become some one of matter. Any one really remember Shamus' or Swagger's title runs? It was good intentions, but both dudes aren't experienced enough. Slow build, dicks. Now a days they would give the championship to Nation of Domination The Rock, which would have been a horrible idea. Slow build, dicks.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

and that's why Chikara kicks ass... slow build

their main storyline in late 2010 was a direct progression from things that were happening in 2007, and arguably even earlier

on the other hand, sometimes you do get a rookie who is capable of carrying a title run; the Osirian Portal were Chikara's tag champs 13 months after debuting, and their title reign was a good'un
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries