VEGAN THREAD OCT 2011

Music posts are a bannable offense.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Re: VEGAN THREAD OCT 2011

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I've been a chronic dairy fan since I was a baby. I drank nothing but milk until I was in middle school, when I started drinking soda and water more, but until recently, I always loved milk. I always loved Cheez Its and cheesy snacks, but not a lot of cheese itself -- for instance, I would never have a cheeseburger, always a hamburger. I always loved pizza, too.

I've been a vegetarian for over 13 months. Yesterday I drank a good amount of milk and had a ton of Cheez Its, and I felt like a pile of garbage afterwards.

Today, I haven't eaten one thing that is not vegan. I think today will be the day I make the full leap to veganism. I've always supported the idea of it. My wife has been a vegan for close to a year and a half, and the meals she makes up are delicious. It's usually just been out of some weird obsession with my past habits that I was never able to quite give up the cheese, dairy, and fish as much as I would have liked to. But today, I woke up, ate a vegan breakfast, packed a big vegan lunch, and now I feel great. I'm going to go home later and have a nice vegan dinner, and I feel great about it, and don't see why I shouldn't be able to do this every day.

I know, :lj: and all that, but I wanted to share.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Awesome! If you absolutely positively okaley-dokaley must have pizza, there is daiya cheese too.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
godofdeadlydeath

Geeheeb wrote:Awesome! If you absolutely positively okaley-dokaley must have pizza, there is daiya cheese too.
Oh we make pizza using that at home all the time, and I love it. We actually went to a great vegan pizza place the other day. It's down outside of Boston, so it's like 25 miles from us, but we make the trip every few months or so. http://peaceopie.com/

Lobes
Kill Trend Suicide

Post by Lobes »

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:
Geeheeb wrote:Awesome! If you absolutely positively okaley-dokaley must have pizza, there is daiya cheese too.
Oh we make pizza using that at home all the time, and I love it. We actually went to a great vegan pizza place the other day. It's down outside of Boston, so it's like 25 miles from us, but we make the trip every few months or so. http://peaceopie.com/

LOL! I was walking by that place once when I was on tour and I saw a dude in an Assuck shirt. IT WAS AESER!! I recognized him from his picture, so I just sat down next to him and started talking. He is a cool fucken dude.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

$20?!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

TheDOAD wrote:Cruelty-free Feathers
Author: Adriana Pope Category:

I recently found these earrings on etsy.com and it made me so happy to finally find fake feathers! I don't know the person who makes these, but I think it's really awesome that they are made from bike tubes.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/77869266/co ... cycle-tube

Rubber. Never did anything bad... EVER.
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Seriously I wanted to show everyone this because its the vegan teevee commercial that I think we have all been waiting for:

Lets take domestic violence really seriously and be as smart as possible about it.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

HAhahahahah, yeah....
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i fucking hate peta so much.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hey man if you just go vegan they'd stop it.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i'm convinced they're the cointelpro of the meat industry
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

TheDOAD wrote:i have not had any meat or dairy all day too but you don't see me posting a fool...
me either and I feel great
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

riley-o wrote:i fucking hate peta so much.
As soon as I gave up meat, I started performing flying triangles like a tantric Pablo Garza. You should really look into it, ol' spice.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i was a vegan for five years. i'm better now at both BJJ and fucking than i ever was when i was a pussy.

feel free to come find out.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

:oops:
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

riley-o wrote:i was a vegan for five years. i'm better now at both BJJ and fucking than i ever was when i was a pussy.

feel free to come find out.
I didn't get my black belt til the 6th year :?
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
aeser
git help.

Post by aeser »

Geeheeb wrote:
godofdeadlydeath wrote:

LOL! I was walking by that place once when I was on tour and I saw a dude in an Assuck shirt. IT WAS AESER!! I recognized him from his picture, so I just sat down next to him and started talking. He is a cool fucken dude.

haha i remember that, i was in there with my cousin and didn't recognize you at first (wasn't expecting to see relapse board people from michigan at a pizza joint in allston but forgot you were on tour). back then that place was called "TJ scalleywaggles" and was run by some crusty kids who were allergic to running their business in the black so they went belly up and it got bought by some more upscale people who cleaned the place up and make WAY better pizza now (albeit more expensive) and now it's "peace o pie".

godofdeadlydeath: you should also check out true bistro in teele square in somerville (best fucking veggie burger on the planet but literally everything they make is incredible, on par with blossom in nyc and millenium in SF) and veggie galaxy in central square in cambridge (awesome breakfast stuff, haven't tried their lunch/dinner stuff yet).

there's also a pizza joint in nashua, nh with a seperate entirely vegan menue which does not suck called pearl st. pizza (downtown nashua), and this place in the middle of nowhere in northwood nh called susty's radical vegan cafe, and there's my thai in chinatown (used to be buddha's delight but now thai food instead of vietnamese food) and vietnamese noodle house in downtown nashua.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Keep in mind this is coming from the guy who orders the grilled cheeze at a vietnamese vegan place =p
Image Certified Poster
godofdeadlydeath

aeser wrote:
Geeheeb wrote:
godofdeadlydeath wrote:

haha i remember that, i was in there with my cousin and didn't recognize you at first (wasn't expecting to see relapse board people from michigan at a pizza joint in allston but forgot you were on tour). back then that place was called "TJ scalleywaggles" and was run by some crusty kids who were allergic to running their business in the black so they went belly up and it got bought by some more upscale people who cleaned the place up and make WAY better pizza now (albeit more expensive) and now it's "peace o pie".

godofdeadlydeath: you should also check out true bistro in teele square in somerville (best fucking veggie burger on the planet but literally everything they make is incredible, on par with blossom in nyc and millenium in SF) and veggie galaxy in central square in cambridge (awesome breakfast stuff, haven't tried their lunch/dinner stuff yet).

there's also a pizza joint in nashua, nh with a seperate entirely vegan menue which does not suck called pearl st. pizza (downtown nashua), and this place in the middle of nowhere in northwood nh called susty's radical vegan cafe, and there's my thai in chinatown (used to be buddha's delight but now thai food instead of vietnamese food) and vietnamese noodle house in downtown nashua.
I've been to True Bistro once. It was awesome. I'll check out that place in Nashua, since I live closer to there than Boston. Thanks for the recommendations!

aeser
git help.

Post by aeser »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: I've been to True Bistro once. It was awesome. I'll check out that place in Nashua, since I live closer to there than Boston. Thanks for the recommendations!
where in mass are you now? wern't you living in like burlington vt for a while?
godofdeadlydeath

aeser wrote:
godofdeadlydeath wrote: I've been to True Bistro once. It was awesome. I'll check out that place in Nashua, since I live closer to there than Boston. Thanks for the recommendations!
I went to college up in VT but I've been out since 2006. I was living in North Andover until 2009, now my wife and I have a house in Methuen, which is right on the border of Salem, NH.

aeser
git help.

Post by aeser »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:
aeser wrote:
I went to college up in VT but I've been out since 2006. I was living in North Andover until 2009, now my wife and I have a house in Methuen, which is right on the border of Salem, NH.

ah nice, i was born in methuen. bunch of family members still live there.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

FUCK THEY GOT ME

my grandparents did have a farm where I became OK with slaughter though :oops:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Chickens will be vegetals in the future, good news for vegans!!!

http://gizmodo.com/5888853/the-future-o ... /gallery/1
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg