that band Car Bomb that everyone made fun of

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Post Reply
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63231
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

wait, did they actually claim to invent anything?
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

Necrometer wrote:wait, did they actually claim to invent anything?
:idea:

Whinecore
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
Foot Foot
DO NOT WANT.
Posts: 3754
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Shittsburgh
Contact:

Lamb of God is my favorite tech-band.
User avatar
Foot Foot
DO NOT WANT.
Posts: 3754
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Shittsburgh
Contact:

you know i used to think people were a little too hard on Car Bomb, but after watching this i realize they're not ridiculed nearly enough.

fuck these jamokes.
User avatar
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick
Posts: 7106
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: In the box, 5 minutes at a time

Car Bomb is certainly getting way more attention than they deserve in 2012.
User avatar
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.
Posts: 33105
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Decapitation Capital of Canaduh

Foot Foot wrote: jamokes.

I can't say I've really heard of this word before...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Image
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

soiled depends wrote:
Foot Foot wrote: jamokes.

I can't say I've really heard of this word before...
what's a jamokes?

the world wants to know
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

watched all that...

pro tip skip first 45 minutes focusing on car bomb sadsackary. some slightly intersting interviews in last 10 or 15 minutes.

I don't get how a metal affectionado can not understand when their own material just is lame. If you can be critical of ever album you spin, how can you just have no fucking clue you suck?

goddamn though I even hate the whole sad sackary tone of the thing. grow up and do your fucking day job already
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
TheDrunkTankJudge
Giant Eyeball of Death.
Posts: 3966
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 pm

I woke up this morning knowing about but not really caring about the band Carbomb. After watching that video, tonight I will go to sleep caring even less about them. All because of their singers reason why he does what he does. That documentary needs more wisdom from Ben Falgoust, than the turd ramblings of Randy whats his douche from Lamb of Jokers...
R.I.P. Trebuchet
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

TheDrunkTankJudge wrote:I woke up this morning knowing about but not really caring about the band Carbomb. After watching that video, tonight I will go to sleep caring even less about them. All because of their singers reason why he does what he does. That documentary needs more wisdom from Ben Falgoust, than the turd ramblings of Randy whats his douche from Lamb of Jokers...
I can't fathom how Rack of Llamb is such a big band.

I can understand Korn selling records more than I can fathom than those guys.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63231
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

hey ZeroHero, did they mention Relapse Records at any point during the whole thing? or their label? or anything? I would imagine Relapse was instrumental on getting them on the Gojira tour...

hahaha, their website is so fucking out of date... pathetic
Whether chopping a riff into pieces, reversing it, cutting it short, or messing with the tempo, Car Bomb’s unique style of progressive metal is the product of dissecting ideas and beating them to death. The result is equivalent to a jet engine propelling gravel into your skull. Car Bomb combines the polyrhythmic and mathematical madness of Meshuggah and Dillinger Escape Plan with the rage and energetic fury of Coalesce and Converge. Though their songs are musically challenging, Car Bomb refuses to dilute their ruthless execution. Their intent is to assault the listener in any and every way possible - compositionally, sonically, and lyrically.

Car Bomb’s habit of systematically abusing ideas also dominates its member’s professions/hobbies of computer programming, graphic design, astronomy, and quantum physics. “In order to excel in these fields, you have to be a control freak and an obsessive compulsive” Greg states. “These personality traits create struggle and chaos in the writing process, which drives the conception of a song. We wind up with ideas that we’d never think of.” Meticulous dissection also finds its way into Car Bomb’s lyrical themes. When asked about ‘Rid’, Mike explains “It’s about analyzing and picking at the things about yourself repeatedly to the point where there’s nothing left. You wind up destroying who you are.”

The inception of Car Bomb started as early as the year 2000, when two bands, ‘Neck’ and ‘Spooge,’ shared the same rehearsal space underneath a butcher in Rockville Center, New York. Jon recalls, “We called it the Dungeon. It was a hot and muggy cement basement with no windows. Basically, a hole in the earth created for slaughtering animals...but ‘metal’ bands got to jam down there – go figure!!” The two bands found themselves frequenting the other’s rehearsals and developed a mutual respect for their music. Greg and Mike wanted Neck to break out of the conventional and over saturated hardcore scene by being different. Greg recollects, “We all really dug what Faith No More did, so we tried to emulate that, except heavier and more progressive.” With three releases on various labels and five years of shows up and down the east coast, Neck had established themselves as one of Long Island’s most unique and brutal acts. On the other side of the Dungeon, bassist Jon and drummer Elliot were a part of Spooge, a more technical and stylistic band. Influences of Zappa and early Mr. Bungle can be heard throughout their complex and at most times hilarious epics.

Despite the fact that both bands had broken out of the traditional molds of metal and hardcore, the need to play heavier and more complex music drove Jon to seek out other musicians. In 2002, he recruited Greg to play in a project that would develop into Car Bomb. Jam sessions commenced and would continue for eighteen months with various lineup changes. Mike and Elliot were eventually added to the group and rounded out the final line up. In early 2004, Car Bomb’s first recording began in the house that Greg and Jon currently occupy. With this recording completed, Car Bomb is focused on getting their music out to as many people as possible.
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63231
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

holy fuck... and Doyle from The Misfits is actually IN that Gorgeous Frankenstein band? is that mentioned? that fucking waterbrain filmmaker is the ultimate coward, painting things the way he wants them to be and distorting the truth... can't fucking TALK ABOUT Doyle? jesus christ...
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..
Posts: 2592
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Should have called themselves Neck Spooge
:warrior:
User avatar
Foot Foot
DO NOT WANT.
Posts: 3754
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Shittsburgh
Contact:

Zerohero wrote:
soiled depends wrote:
Foot Foot wrote: jamokes.

I can't say I've really heard of this word before...
what's a jamokes?

the world wants to know
i heard Frank say it on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jamoke
User avatar
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!
Posts: 6971
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: chicago

my history teacher in highschool used to always call his students, Jamokes :awesome: .. he ruled.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
User avatar
TheDrunkTankJudge
Giant Eyeball of Death.
Posts: 3966
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 pm

Necrometer wrote:hey ZeroHero...
Ross quoting carbombs website wrote: Neck had established themselves as one of Long Island’s most unique and brutal acts. .
Paging Suffocation...
R.I.P. Trebuchet
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63231
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

hahaha! excellent quote attribution, by the way - glad to see you care about your REP 'round these parts, whippersnapper - one day you'll be a top poster just like me!
Necrometer wrote:hey ZeroHero, did they mention Relapse Records at any point during the whole thing? or their label? or anything? I would imagine Relapse was instrumental on getting them on the Gojira tour...

hahaha, their website is so fucking out of date... pathetic
Whether chopping a riff into pieces, reversing it, cutting it short, or messing with the tempo, Car Bomb’s unique style of progressive metal is the product of dissecting ideas and beating them to death. The result is equivalent to a jet engine propelling gravel into your skull. Car Bomb combines the polyrhythmic and mathematical madness of Meshuggah and Dillinger Escape Plan with the rage and energetic fury of Coalesce and Converge. Though their songs are musically challenging, Car Bomb refuses to dilute their ruthless execution. Their intent is to assault the listener in any and every way possible - compositionally, sonically, and lyrically.

Car Bomb’s habit of systematically abusing ideas also dominates its member’s professions/hobbies of computer programming, graphic design, astronomy, and quantum physics. “In order to excel in these fields, you have to be a control freak and an obsessive compulsive” Greg states. “These personality traits create struggle and chaos in the writing process, which drives the conception of a song. We wind up with ideas that we’d never think of.” Meticulous dissection also finds its way into Car Bomb’s lyrical themes. When asked about ‘Rid’, Mike explains “It’s about analyzing and picking at the things about yourself repeatedly to the point where there’s nothing left. You wind up destroying who you are.”

The inception of Car Bomb started as early as the year 2000, when two bands, ‘Neck’ and ‘Spooge,’ shared the same rehearsal space underneath a butcher in Rockville Center, New York. Jon recalls, “We called it the Dungeon. It was a hot and muggy cement basement with no windows. Basically, a hole in the earth created for slaughtering animals...but ‘metal’ bands got to jam down there – go figure!!” The two bands found themselves frequenting the other’s rehearsals and developed a mutual respect for their music. Greg and Mike wanted Neck to break out of the conventional and over saturated hardcore scene by being different. Greg recollects, “We all really dug what Faith No More did, so we tried to emulate that, except heavier and more progressive.” With three releases on various labels and five years of shows up and down the east coast, Neck had established themselves as one of Long Island’s most unique and brutal acts. On the other side of the Dungeon, bassist Jon and drummer Elliot were a part of Spooge, a more technical and stylistic band. Influences of Zappa and early Mr. Bungle can be heard throughout their complex and at most times hilarious epics.

Despite the fact that both bands had broken out of the traditional molds of metal and hardcore, the need to play heavier and more complex music drove Jon to seek out other musicians. In 2002, he recruited Greg to play in a project that would develop into Car Bomb. Jam sessions commenced and would continue for eighteen months with various lineup changes. Mike and Elliot were eventually added to the group and rounded out the final line up. In early 2004, Car Bomb’s first recording began in the house that Greg and Jon currently occupy. With this recording completed, Car Bomb is focused on getting their music out to as many people as possible.
nextpage for answers, and... is it me or is that jet engine + gravel shit eerily similar to the promo essays for stumpcore band Kingdom of Shadows? the shit about a barge full of tar running into a mountain made of tanks? did Cashlapse write all that shit for both these bands? ALL Relapse bands?
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

Necrometer wrote:hey ZeroHero, did they mention Relapse Records at any point during the whole thing? or their label? or anything? I would imagine Relapse was instrumental on getting them on the Gojira tour...
While I did step out of the room a second to get a brutal salad, no they didn't mention Relapse records in the whole damn thing. Made it sound like they had to go door to door for each gig to find each "carbomb fan" :shock: by hand.

And I was watching that part where the "got on a big tour", and didn't say at all how they landed on that gig.

Frankly, as much as we laff at Relapse records, if a really great metal band did wind up on there, it's not a bad place to be (I'm only speakin' as a fan exposed to bands in catalogs...not anything about contracts or stuff I don't know dick about). I don't think theres any significant difference in exposure from Relapse, Century Media or Nuclear Blast as far as the "big" metal labels go. so what the hell did carbomb expect? Playing to 5000 as they said? Cripes, I've seen Steely Dan in venues smaller than 5000
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
TheDrunkTankJudge
Giant Eyeball of Death.
Posts: 3966
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 pm

Necrometer wrote:hahaha! excellent quote attribution, by the way - glad to see you care about your REP 'round these parts, whippersnapper - one day you'll be a top poster just like me!
seems I don't come 'round these parts much anymore. It's tuff on the aged melon tryin' to keep up with the Jones' round these here parts...
R.I.P. Trebuchet
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63231
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

Zerohero wrote:While I did step out of the room a second to get a brutal salad, no they didn't mention Relapse records in the whole damn thing. Made it sound like they had to go door to door for each gig to find each "carbomb fan" :shock: by hand.

And I was watching that part where the "got on a big tour", and didn't say at all how they landed on that gig.

Frankly, as much as we laff at Relapse records, if a really great metal band did wind up on there, it's not a bad place to be (I'm only speakin' as a fan exposed to bands in catalogs...not anything about contracts or stuff I don't know dick about). I don't think theres any significant difference in exposure from Relapse, Century Media or Nuclear Blast as far as the "big" metal labels go. so what the hell did carbomb expect? Playing to 5000 as they said? Cripes, I've seen Steely Dan in venues smaller than 5000
Jesus christ... what a bald-faced liar that shitbag filmmaker is. I can barely believe cowards of this magnitude exist. It's like John McCain's tales of being a war hero when really he was a shitty pilot who begged and pleaded to be treated nicely because he was the son of a powerful USA guy... except all that's on the line here is pity hi-fives on the youtube commentspace instead of the presidency. Fucking asshole.
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
TheDrunkTankJudge
Giant Eyeball of Death.
Posts: 3966
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 pm

Zerohero wrote: so what the hell did carbomb expect? Playing to 5000 as they said? Cripes, I've seen Steely Dan in venues smaller than 5000
Obviously they, like every band in the world that is just starting out , expected that being an unknown band going on their first tour, that they should at least draw 5000 people to their shows. It's actually a pretty fair expectation...
R.I.P. Trebuchet
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

TheDrunkTankJudge wrote:
Zerohero wrote: so what the hell did carbomb expect? Playing to 5000 as they said? Cripes, I've seen Steely Dan in venues smaller than 5000
Obviously they, like every band in the world that is just starting out , expected that being an unknown band going on their first tour, that they should at least draw 5000 people to their shows. It's actually a pretty fair expectation...

I missed, or they didn't say where carbomb was from... but had they ever been to any shows. I've seen theee mighty Ronnie James Dio play in a local clun fitting not much more than 500 or 600 people.

Thinking you are gonna draw like original lineup Van Halen playing screaming racket, is FUNNY. :lol:

Getting DEPRESSED and suicidal (their words, obviously played up for drama) because you are playing to small crowds that is HI LARRY OUS>. :lol: :lol:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

I wanna be fair there.. they didn't exactly say they'd like to play to 5000... they said 500 OR 5,000
Last edited by Zerohero on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
Zerohero
Total Recluse
Posts: 24326
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am
Location: East Orange, NJ

The guy with the eyeliner had some great insight.. about crowds being just a fashion show, and how if you don't sell out and chase the money, you are actually a sellout. :?:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
User avatar
Blair
O.G. Interwebber
Posts: 4838
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:01 pm

It's been my experience that gentlemen in shitty tech bands tend to have delusions of grandeur, "our shit is better than XXXX (-smirks-) and we'll be huge."
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Post Reply