James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Ventilators are DEFINITELY what kill people; that's why you'll have someone sat-ing in the 70s, you'll vent them, prone them and PRESTO CHANG-O they have an SpO2 of 100 all of a sudden. The pulse oximeters are IN ON THE CONSPIRACY DUDE!

In the words of a certain tough-talking, do-nothing couch surfer :wank: :wank: :wank:
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
User avatar
MeatGrease
[citation needed]
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

Meow mew meow meow mew mew mew meow!



Image




Mew mew MEOW MEW meow mow mow wow mew meow MEW!

MOW WOW MEW.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm
Post breakfast can be rough..
It gets stuck up in your gums like when you eat almonds.
I don't know what podunk (I looked up the proper spelling of this, because I'm what is referred to as a lifelong learner) rural hospitals you're subjected to, but our mortality rate for the level of care AFTER ventilators are initially needed (which still require the use of a vent) is around 60 currently. And I'm heroically providing services at spokes rather than a hub. I know you don't know what that means, but just focus on the "heroic" part. I get it a lot.

You, as always, have no goddamn idea what you're talking about and you're, literally, talking to someone who knows more about this particular topic anyone you've ever, or will ever, meet. Kind of like when you argue law with TF. Are you a masochist in addition to a closeted homosexual/pedophile?

If any of this comes across as arrogant or condescending, congratulations on paying attention for once. I often worry that, with reduced social interaction over the past several months, I'm getting rusty at looking down my nose at people. I'm grateful for the practice. Once vaccines are in play, I'll be in good shape to provide strangers with lots of sagely monologues and the sort of exasperated sighs you give to pets that have done wrong in an adorable fashion.
Last edited by Glub on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm
You know what, Glub, thank you for your services.
And thanks for giving some of the more astute posters here who are not in medicine a little glimpse into how things work in the field. Real interesting stuff!
You're out there making a difference, day in and day out.
I'll start listening more when you talk down to me.
Meow
Hey sport, no need to thank me. I'm compensated pretty well for what I do.
I agree about the making a difference part though.
And the meow.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm

If you're not on the frontlines of the pandemic, you're posting here giving us all a glimpse behind the curtain.
Don't you ever tire of your selfless efforts?
Is there any way we can repay you?
Meow!
You're liable to make a guy blush!
You're unwavering admiration and unquestioning deference is thanks enough, Lil' Fella!
Meow, right back atcha.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
User avatar
Necrophilic Mallard
I'm not very smart.
Posts: 6118
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:13 pm
Location: Seattle

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm
Just saying “omg, this guy I know died of covid!” without mentioning what an unhealthy piece of shit they were in the first place, is being willfully obscurantist. Come on now. Someone testing positive for covid at time of death =/= dying of covid, but the vast majority of “covid deaths” are actually recording that instead. Pretty sure cardiac arrest has nothing to do with a respiratory affliction. That guy dropping dead probably has as much to do with covid as George Floyd did (another recorded “covid death”).

If someone was in good health when they died of covid, that fact would be front and center because it would provide ballast to the lie. If that isn’t mentioned, what they really mean is that someone was dying of something else but they just happened to test positive for the virus, which they probably picked up from the filthy hospital they were in.
Lookup excess deaths, dipshit.
Image
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 3922
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Glub wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:06 pm
cxwx wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:55 pm
Glub wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 pm
MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm
I have a separate toothbrush for after breakfast (poop).
Sometimes, though, I mix up my poop toothbrush and my regular toothbrush and end up getting my teeth dirty (poop) and having to rebrush them. Then I have to replace my regular toothbrush because it also has been contaminated by poop. It's so frustrating!

This is, as mentioned, both strangely off-topic as well as displaying a mastery of grammar and punctuation that you usually are not capable of. Combined with your recent apparent love of cats, this has me wondering if you're doing okay. Everything okay at home and work (just kidding!), kiddo?

Fun/morbid fact: when we TUBE someone, it's usually because they are surprisingly young/healthy and have a decent chance of survival after a few weeks of support. We have TUBED quite a lot of young and healthy people with next to nothing in the way of comorbidities the past few weeks. If you ever wonder whether health care is rationed, I'll affirm that it is. We have a finite capacity and a finite amount of equipment.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but from my understanding All viral deaths also calculate co morbidly. So it’s not some special conspiracy thing to make Covid look more dangerous than the flu. So it’s literally the easiest piece of misinformation to debunk.
I'm unsure of what the first sentence references; I'm sorry.

There is no dimwitted conspiracy to make COVID look worse than the flu; no.

The financial incentives to label something COVID are not there; if you're moribund in a hospital bed for 6 weeks, you're racking up a bill whether it's COVID or the mumps or tennis elbow. Fraudulently listing a patient's status as COVID, if anything, gives insurers recourse to deny funds when we eventually request payment (and insurers have a vested interest in denying as much a humanely possible).
So the fatality rate from the flu is 0.1%. That death rate includes co-morbidity ( unless I’m incorrect)

So the QAnon bullshit going around is pushing the idea that Covid-19 is the ONLY disease that counts co-morbidly in its fatality percentage.

I apologize if I was imprecise before.
“Look not for the Turk in this world, you will not find him there.” - WS
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 3922
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:31 pm
MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm
Just saying “omg, this guy I know died of covid!” without mentioning what an unhealthy piece of shit they were in the first place, is being willfully obscurantist. Come on now. Someone testing positive for covid at time of death =/= dying of covid, but the vast majority of “covid deaths” are actually recording that instead. Pretty sure cardiac arrest has nothing to do with a respiratory affliction. That guy dropping dead probably has as much to do with covid as George Floyd did (another recorded “covid death”).

If someone was in good health when they died of covid, that fact would be front and center because it would provide ballast to the lie. If that isn’t mentioned, what they really mean is that someone was dying of something else but they just happened to test positive for the virus, which they probably picked up from the filthy hospital they were in.
Lookup excess deaths, dipshit.
Image
You’re wasting your breath. The goal post just changes to “well these extra deaths are caused all by increased suicide or other externalities from people staying at home.”
“Look not for the Turk in this world, you will not find him there.” - WS
User avatar
MeatGrease
[citation needed]
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

meow
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

cxwx wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 pm
Glub wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:06 pm
cxwx wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:55 pm
Glub wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 pm
MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm
I have a separate toothbrush for after breakfast (poop).
Sometimes, though, I mix up my poop toothbrush and my regular toothbrush and end up getting my teeth dirty (poop) and having to rebrush them. Then I have to replace my regular toothbrush because it also has been contaminated by poop. It's so frustrating!

This is, as mentioned, both strangely off-topic as well as displaying a mastery of grammar and punctuation that you usually are not capable of. Combined with your recent apparent love of cats, this has me wondering if you're doing okay. Everything okay at home and work (just kidding!), kiddo?

Fun/morbid fact: when we TUBE someone, it's usually because they are surprisingly young/healthy and have a decent chance of survival after a few weeks of support. We have TUBED quite a lot of young and healthy people with next to nothing in the way of comorbidities the past few weeks. If you ever wonder whether health care is rationed, I'll affirm that it is. We have a finite capacity and a finite amount of equipment.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but from my understanding All viral deaths also calculate co morbidly. So it’s not some special conspiracy thing to make Covid look more dangerous than the flu. So it’s literally the easiest piece of misinformation to debunk.
I'm unsure of what the first sentence references; I'm sorry.

There is no dimwitted conspiracy to make COVID look worse than the flu; no.

The financial incentives to label something COVID are not there; if you're moribund in a hospital bed for 6 weeks, you're racking up a bill whether it's COVID or the mumps or tennis elbow. Fraudulently listing a patient's status as COVID, if anything, gives insurers recourse to deny funds when we eventually request payment (and insurers have a vested interest in denying as much a humanely possible).
So the fatality rate from the flu is 0.1%. That death rate includes co-morbidity ( unless I’m incorrect)

So the QAnon bullshit going around is pushing the idea that Covid-19 is the ONLY disease that counts co-morbidly in its fatality percentage.

I apologize if I was imprecise before.
Yes. Correct.

The .01% death rate from the flu includes the elderly, diabetics, those living with COPD, etc.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
User avatar
MeatGrease
[citation needed]
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

mew
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:17 pm

Those are some great points guys.
Meow
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm
Meow mew meow meow mew mew mew meow!



Image




Mew mew MEOW MEW meow mow mow wow mew meow MEW!

MOW WOW MEW.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:19 pm
For me, I double the suggested amount of time that I gargle with Scope (60 seconds instead of 30) after my poop breakfasts.
9 out of 10 times that prevents turd breath for a few hours.
I do so very much wish I had gainful employment.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
User avatar
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...
Posts: 8146
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: You can find me in the tub, bottle full of Bud.
Contact:

"There are more total permutations of cards in a deck than there are atoms in the universe, so trying to use probability to play poker is retarded," says statistics brain genius MeatGrease as he keeps losing money to spergs in Oakleys. "It's beta cuck shit."
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Toilet Fleet wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:26 pm
"There are more total permutations of cards in a deck than there are atoms in the universe, so trying to use probability to play poker is retarded," says statistics brain genius MeatGrease as he keeps losing money to spergs in Oakleys. "It's beta cuck shit."
It's a shame that gems like this, which you let loose on a regular basis, are wasted on someone who lacks the capacity for humor to get how creative and funny they are.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 3922
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:17 pm
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:31 pm
MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm
Just saying “omg, this guy I know died of covid!” without mentioning what an unhealthy piece of shit they were in the first place, is being willfully obscurantist. Come on now. Someone testing positive for covid at time of death =/= dying of covid, but the vast majority of “covid deaths” are actually recording that instead. Pretty sure cardiac arrest has nothing to do with a respiratory affliction. That guy dropping dead probably has as much to do with covid as George Floyd did (another recorded “covid death”).

If someone was in good health when they died of covid, that fact would be front and center because it would provide ballast to the lie. If that isn’t mentioned, what they really mean is that someone was dying of something else but they just happened to test positive for the virus, which they probably picked up from the filthy hospital they were in.
Lookup excess deaths, dipshit.
Image
Retard: you do know that the number of people who die every year isn’t going to be exactly the same and it never has been, right? You understand that in a population of several hundreds of millions of people a fluctuation on the order of hundreds of thousands is statistically negligible? It’s like speaking of millions of excess dead around the world (which is what they’re doing) out of a population of billions...it’s not even a 1% difference, who gives a fucking shit. It’s definitely not worth the economic carnage and severe curtailing of rights, that’s FOR SURE.

Those who fear death deserve it
It’s not negligible though especially when you look at death rates in specific geographic locations ( like New York City) where the death rate from just the previous year would be relatively static has jumped significantly. You literally have no idea what the fuck your are talking about at any given moment even at a laymen’s level.
“Look not for the Turk in this world, you will not find him there.” - WS
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 3922
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

I can’t look at that water melon cat with I bursting out laughing.
“Look not for the Turk in this world, you will not find him there.” - WS
User avatar
MeatGrease
[citation needed]
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

Image

Mew mew mew mew!!
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
User avatar
THE KILL
I hate your life.
Posts: 4298
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

:lol:
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
User avatar
godofdeadlydeath
I hate your life.
Posts: 4253
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 pm
Location: Masshole

Glub wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:29 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:23 pm
MeatGrease wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:18 pm
Don’t be like me, I eat poop for breakfast
Thanks dude but I don't see how that adds to the topic at hand
Things can get confusing during a pandemic, so kittengrease was doing you the rare kindness of reminding you not to lose sight of the fact that poop is not a breakfast food.

All in all, a helpful hint from a usually worthless poster.
Now I get it. Thanks!
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17350
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm



some good chuckles

much needed imho
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
I hate my life.
Posts: 4120
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

BlueWaving but tired of all this shit Flag of United States Raised fist
@bluewaveing
Replying to
@WheatNOil


We call this, the “Trump protein”
Jesus fucking Christ, I'm tired. I'm tired.
Zerohero wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am
cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
User avatar
MeatGrease
[citation needed]
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
User avatar
Hunter
and friends
Posts: 4010
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:28 am
Location: Mr. Ban Man

Uh, why would this be evidence to NOT get a vaccine? This blog post is whining about whites being required to get vaccinated for influenza, and why people of color have an option. Did you read WHY it's not mandatory? Seems like a considerate approach, but I'll pretty much guarantee that at the very minimum 95% of people of color who are attending Cornell will get the vaccine. If they choose against it, they will be subjected to the same rigorous testing and check-ins that are going on now, and it's a pain in the ass. There's a reason that Cornell has been able to keep in-person classes going this year, uninterrupted. There's also a reason that the county that Cornell resides in has a less than 1% infection rate. It's taken very seriously.

Whoever tried to sell this to you as a reason to not get a vaccine is really stretching the "white people are treated unfairly" bullshit thin. Incredibly dumb.
Post Reply