Nothing has changed ever

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Nothing has changed ever

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Assemblywomen... is a comedy written by the Greek playwright Aristophanes in 391 BC.[3] The play invents a scenario where the women of Athens assume control of the government and instate reforms that ban private wealth and enforce sexual equity for the old and unattractive.
The play begins with Praxagora emerging from a house on an Athenian street before daybreak. She is wearing a false beard and men's clothing, and she carries a walking stick and a lit lantern. The chorus of Athenian women enter one by one, all dressed in similar costume. In order to be more convincingly masculine, some women have developed tans and stopped shaving their armpits.
Praxagora then goes on to explain the details of the new government to Blepyrus. She proposes banning all ownership of private wealth and establishing equal pay for all and a unified standard of living. She further explains that people will no longer have a need for personal wealth as all basic needs will be met by the common fund. She further adds that men and women will be free to sleep with anyone they want, so long as they first sleep with the uglier members of the opposite sex. Parental responsibilities will be shared by the community as children will no longer know their fathers. Slaves will work the fields and new clothes will be made when they are needed. Praxagora elaborates that there will be no more lawsuits, since there can be no debt in a society without private wealth. Punishments for assault will come out of the offender's bread ration and theft will be obsolete as all men will be given their fair share. Walls within homes will be knocked down and all will live in a common living space, courthouses and porticos will be turned into communal dining halls. Prostitutes will be put out of business, but slaves will be banned from sleeping with free men.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: Nothing has changed ever

This is the guy who wrote The Clouds, a parody which is generally considered to have led to the death of Socrates. What amazes me is how similar it is to South Park.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clouds#Plot
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

The only philosophy book I own is Cioran’s “The Trouble With Being Born” because I spend too much time reading fiction. I’ve been meaning to get around to “Thus Spoke Zarathustra“
Ill body
/
Ill will
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

cxwx wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:36 pm The only philosophy book I own is Cioran’s “The Trouble With Being Born” because I spend too much time reading fiction. I’ve been meaning to get around to “Thus Spoke Zarathustra“

:tup2: Cioran is the best, and like all the greats of the early 20th century, he was a right wing fascist :brokenheart:
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

MeatGrease wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:30 pm
cxwx wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:36 pm The only philosophy book I own is Cioran’s “The Trouble With Being Born” because I spend too much time reading fiction. I’ve been meaning to get around to “Thus Spoke Zarathustra“

:tup2: Cioran is the best, and like all the greats of the early 20th century, he was a right wing fascist :brokenheart:
The only thing you've ever read is Wikipedia and hentai.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

cioran was a pessimist not a fucking pussy
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Cioran was facist? I don't know much about the man but that just seems really surprising. Wasn't it trendy for hipster gay artsy fartsy types to read his shit in the 70's? The same kind of people that would hang out around Andy Warhol all day. Some academics wanted to give him some kind of award and he refused saying somethings to the effect of "but I'm just a joker" seems like a book of anti-aphorisms would be the type of thing meaty would snear at as under water basket weaving.
Last edited by cxwx on Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ill body
/
Ill will
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i think he grew out of it :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR