Movies that are ostensibly comedies...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

... but are actually existential nightmares.

“Folks!” 1992. Staring Tom Selleck and Don Ameche.

Sellecks character has to take care of his aging parents who both suffer from severe dementia. This causes his life to fall apart in a downward spiral of events. Selleck also has a sister who refuses to help in anyway. The strain of the situation causes his wife to leave him and getting fired from his job. Multiple freak accidents occur leading up to amputation of one of his testicles. In the final coup de grace after the hopelessness of watching the people who raised you have their identities evaporate into nothing due to forces beyond your control and your life and body deteriorating around you he tries and fails to assist both his parents in committing suicide. This could be adapted into some ten hour Lars Von Trier atrocity.
“Look not for the Turk in this world, you will not find him there.” - WS
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

interesting if we expanded this to other genres but comedy is certainly the best avenue

Idiocracy is an obvious one
maybe 'Nothing but Trouble' but not really for the reasons you've outlined
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

I personally think Step Brothers could be subtitled The Joy of Nihilism but that's more like an open-hearted embrace with the absurd, nothing like a nightmare at all.
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

Love and Death (Woody Allen) is just both things at the same time intentionally, my fav movie of all time.
But again circling around your idea, not really hitting the target.

the part that starts at 1:12 here is my favorite moment in all of movie history

cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Nothing But Trouble is such a glorious abortion of a movie
“Look not for the Turk in this world, you will not find him there.” - WS
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Clifford
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Toys

fuckin horrorshow of a movie
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

After Hours
scratching at the coffin
Eight Bit Alien
I hate your life.

Toilet Fleet wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:04 am Toys

fuckin horrorshow of a movie
I saw this in theaters when I was 7 and it might be my earliest memory of the "I've just gotta ride this one out" impulse. Probably the only time I've ever felt that while watching Robin Williams do anything at all... like how is that possible?

Remember absolutely nothing about the movie besides maybe... he wore a red hat? There was something about war?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Being There
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Envy