Congrats Canada, your coverage now sucks as bad as NBC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Congrats Canada, your coverage now sucks as bad as NBC

Post by Zerohero »

why is the Olympics on CTV instead of CBC?

I guess royal canadian air force north of 60 and other horseshit canadian shows take priority from the winter olympics.

Old CBC coverage was stellar...focus on athletes from many countries unlike USAUSA's endless "story of the week parade of American athletes".

CTV is now canadian version of NBC lackluster journalism. Interviews exclusively with canuck athletes and talking head bullshit about shots and canuck gold instead of covering the actual sports that are ongoing. Coverage of bullshit party bands, and losers with Canada touques smiling in idiocy, looking every bit as dumb as mericans usually do.

Double-Farts on stupid CTV for its wanna be american coverage---double dumb since NBC's coverage shockingly IS better than CTV.

Little Mosque on the Prairie rerun is on, gotta go...
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Re: Congrats Canada, your coverage now sucks as bad as NBC

Post by soiled depends »

Mansbridge did a story on the National last night talking about how the CBC had been out-bid ("and heavily!") for the rights to the Games. He talked about how he had to cover the opening ceremony for 10 miles away from the venue, spoke about how hard it has been to access athletes and because no on at the CBC has decent cerdentials, it's been tough to cover the Games. Spoke with another CBC flunky about how they were always the ones to kick ass at this type of thing.

CBC Sports has shit the bed so badly over the last few years. Losing the HNIC theme song. Handing over the CFL coverage to TSN. And while I don't give a hoot about the Olympics (minus all those scruptious lookn' mooseknuckles) it seems like management is fucking confused and incompetant.

CTV? Billions of blue blistering boiled and barbecued barnacles, who the fuck watches that shit?

It's ridiculous...a bloody outrage...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

soiled depends wrote:Mansbridge did a story on the National last night talking about how the CBC had been out-bid ("and heavily!") for the rights to the Games. He talked about how he had to cover the opening ceremony for 10 miles away from the venue, spoke about how hard it has been to access athletes and because no on at the CBC has decent cerdentials, it's been tough to cover the Games. Spoke with another CBC flunky about how they were always the ones to kick ass at this type of thing.

CBC Sports has shit the bed so badly over the last few years. Losing the HNIC theme song. Handing over the CFL coverage to TSN. And while I don't give a hoot about the Olympics (minus all those scruptious lookn' mooseknuckles) it seems like management is fucking confused and incompetant.

CTV? Billions of blue blistering boiled and barbecued barnacles, who the fuck watches that shit?

It's ridiculous...a bloody outrage...

hell I only FOUND it on CTV channel surfing

and NO Ron Maclean sucks... :tdown: they got the one sports guy from CBC on CTV but he's got the personality of a limp handjob.

Remember the glory days, of the Nagano Olympics... Don' Cherry couldn't pronounce it and always called it "Garmo" :awesome:

This olympics is a sure fire cluster fuck. :tdown:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

Hahha, Jesus, I hate the asshole Don Cherry. Ron McLean is also a peter puffer. Get Chris Culthbert doing everything....that guy is the only ex-CBC guy I want to hear calling a Bomber game, a Grey Cup or anything else I can think of...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

soiled depends wrote:Hahha, Jesus, I hate the asshole Don Cherry. Ron McLean is also a peter puffer. Get Chris Culthbert doing everything....that guy is the only ex-CBC guy I want to hear calling a Bomber game, a Grey Cup or anything else I can think of...

holy hell, figures Bob Rock is involved in this disaster,

Finding a new theme: Canada's Hockey Anthem Challenge

After the loss of the well-known The Hockey Theme to CTV, CBC proceeded with a nationwide contest for a new theme in collaboration with music label Nettwerk.[24] The contest began June 10, 2008, and at the end of the submissions period on August 31, the network had received over 14,000 entries. These entries were reduced to five semi-finalists, whose themes were re-arranged by producer Bob Rock and presented for public voting:

1. "Ice Warriors", Gerry Mosby
2. "Sticks to the Ice", Robert Fraser Burke
3. "Eleventh Hour", Graham McRae
4. "Let the Game Begin", Christian St-Roch and Jimmy Tanaka
5. "Canadian Gold", Colin Oberst

Voting commenced on October 4, 2008, with 2 finalists being picked for a final 1-day vote.
[edit] October 11, 2008-present: Canadian Gold

The two finalists—Burke's Sticks to the Ice and Oberst's Canadian Gold—were revealed on October 9, 2008. On October 11, 2008, after a final round of voting, Canadian Gold was announced live by Don Cherry on Scotiabank Hockey Tonight as the new HNIC theme. Oberst is set to receive $100,000, plus 50% of the royalties of the theme, the other half of which will be donated to minor hockey. CBC will receive exclusive rights on the theme for 3 years, with the ability to renew at that time.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I can barely leash my dreadful ire.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

this is some Great Big Sea/Barenaked Ladies faggotry of epidemic proportions. Does not inspire confidence.

ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR
Threads Endlessly Scrolled
Threads Endlessly Scrolled

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

bob rock is another canadian i hate.
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

Not really sure what they're thinking pairing up Duthie with that old leather-clad hag... it's like putting Toews on the same line as Manut Bol.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

I just realized something last night. Not that I've been paying too much attention one way or the other (probably more than I care to admit) The CBC flagship news program, The National, has not been showing any footage of the games at all with the exception of still photography. I mean, that's what happens when you on't have the rights to the Games, right? Duh! Mansbridge spend 5 mintes explaining how Canada won a second gold medal last night before spending the next ten minutes exploring why these are the worst games ever. Ha!

Yet one more reminder of the national embarrassment here that is the CBC...

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

soiled depends wrote:I just realized something last night. Not that I've been paying too much attention one way or the other (probably more than I care to admit) The CBC flagship news program, The National, has not been showing any footage of the games at all with the exception of still photography. I mean, that's what happens when you on't have the rights to the Games, right? Duh! Mansbridge spend 5 mintes explaining how Canada won a second gold medal last night before spending the next ten minutes exploring why these are the worst games ever. Ha!

Yet one more reminder of the national embarrassment here that is the CBC...

CTV had a touching story about how all the Canada touques and maple leaf mittens were being worn, not because it's chilly outside, but "to show spirit". Doubly dumb for medalist decked out nanook of teh north to brave the 6-9degree C ceremonial weather.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

"the sillier the headgear, the better here in Whistler!! Back to you Peter..."

xasthur fans!!! FUCK........

canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

dominichorton wrote:haha you care about something that sucks being covered by something that sucks probably a little less.
as per usual, shit-pants is boiling with care and sincerity on the board. you can bet his ass-hair is standing rigid with anger at the thought of CBC taking another shovel full of eggs in the kisser.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

canon.docre wrote:
dominichorton wrote:haha you care about something that sucks being covered by something that sucks probably a little less.
as per usual, shit-pants is boiling with care and sincerity on the board. you can bet his ass-hair is standing rigid with anger at the thought of CBC taking another shovel full of eggs in the kisser.
Man, do you like anything?
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

man....so....i just found out that I don't even need this crap coverage in order to watch the olympics. thru bell tv I get 5 free channels without any fucking crappy commentary and nothing without just video coverage.....it's awesome. I just get to watch shit without any opinions...., Although, hearing that the woman commentating during the women's snowboard cross event was taken out to get coffee, because she was jinxing the event....that was pretty entertaining. Any time she made a comment, one of the women would immediately wipe out. So...they had to do it when the Canadian was up for the possible gold.....hahaha
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

HWY HUMPERWETTHAM I'M COMING OVER ON FRIDAY.... :rhug: :lhug:
GET THAT USA GAME READY FOR US....

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

soiled depends wrote:HWY HUMPERWETTHAM I'M COMING OVER ON FRIDAY.... :rhug: :lhug:
GET THAT USA GAME READY FOR US....
methinks that game is Sunday mens,
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

OTHAT'S TOO BA I'M WORKIN AT WALMART ON SUNDAY

Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

would totally have a party for the game, but will be PVR'ng it and avoiding the internets until I watch it. Will be covered in drywall dust and paint all weekend. Also, the only TV we have is in the bedroom right now because of renos. So....I guess if you want to cuddle with the wife and I while eating yummy snacks and drinking lots of beer in bed watching hockey....I'm thinking that could be arranged. Puking in bed is prohibited though.

edit: oh yeah. you would probably get raped in the anus too, but that should be a no brainer.