LPs with Audio CDs / MP3 links appreciation

Music posts are a bannable offense.
tipton
Soul of the Martyr

Re: LPs with Audio CDs / MP3 links appreciation

Post by tipton »

12 Months of Mao wrote:As someone who pretty much buys only vinyl (and listens to it all, thankyouverymuch, Barcass Grinder) it's nice to be given the album in digital format as well. It now puts my lp up there with your cd in terms of portable listening, which is pretty much the only advantage I see cds having. And if I download, put it on my iPod and burn it to cd, I've been given the album in three formats for the price of one. Why would anyone complain about that? I love it and I hope it becomes a standard.

Also, it's nice to see the record industry kind of throw up its hands and say "You know what? You people download these things anyway, so just take the mp3s. You actually bought something, so have something free in return."

i say, if you buy vinyl of one of our releases which we are trying to start to do you can go ahead and download it for free (everyone else does anyways) its fine with me. but its not worth paying extra money for download cards and adding expense to the vinyl manufacturing cost. hell, in this instance anyways i say take advantage of the piraters free hosting.
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

tipton wrote:i say, if you buy vinyl of one of our releases which we are trying to start to do you can go ahead and download it for free (everyone else does anyways) its fine with me. but its not worth paying extra money for download cards and adding expense to the vinyl manufacturing cost. hell, in this instance anyways i say take advantage of the piraters free hosting.
Well, it definitely is something I expect/hope to see more from majors and larger independents like Relapse, Touch & Go, Alternative Tentacles, etc. And, to be fair, most of the albums that I've purchased with download cards I've already had on my computer. It's just nice that if I don't have it yet I don't have to go looking for it or rip the vinyl.

Any chance of seeing older Willowtip stuff on vinyl? Goatsblood, Commit Suicide, Kalibas and Rune pleeeeeeeaaaasse.
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

tipton wrote:
12 Months of Mao wrote:As someone who pretty much buys only vinyl (and listens to it all, thankyouverymuch, Barcass Grinder) it's nice to be given the album in digital format as well. It now puts my lp up there with your cd in terms of portable listening, which is pretty much the only advantage I see cds having. And if I download, put it on my iPod and burn it to cd, I've been given the album in three formats for the price of one. Why would anyone complain about that? I love it and I hope it becomes a standard.

Also, it's nice to see the record industry kind of throw up its hands and say "You know what? You people download these things anyway, so just take the mp3s. You actually bought something, so have something free in return."

i say, if you buy vinyl of one of our releases which we are trying to start to do you can go ahead and download it for free (everyone else does anyways) its fine with me. but its not worth paying extra money for download cards and adding expense to the vinyl manufacturing cost. hell, in this instance anyways i say take advantage of the piraters free hosting.
I bought a record recently (can't remember what it was) and the d/l card was just simply a piece of paper with the link to the download printed on it. Sure bigger labels can afford to do the fancy d/l cards and all that, but even the simplest form is a great step.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

tipton wrote:

MALIGNANCY on vinyl, please.
tipton
Soul of the Martyr

Post by tipton »

12 Months of Mao wrote:
tipton wrote:i say, if you buy vinyl of one of our releases which we are trying to start to do you can go ahead and download it for free (everyone else does anyways) its fine with me. but its not worth paying extra money for download cards and adding expense to the vinyl manufacturing cost. hell, in this instance anyways i say take advantage of the piraters free hosting.
Well, it definitely is something I expect/hope to see more from majors and larger independents like Relapse, Touch & Go, Alternative Tentacles, etc. And, to be fair, most of the albums that I've purchased with download cards I've already had on my computer. It's just nice that if I don't have it yet I don't have to go looking for it or rip the vinyl.

Any chance of seeing older Willowtip stuff on vinyl? Goatsblood, Commit Suicide, Kalibas and Rune pleeeeeeeaaaasse.

if i wanted to lose a shitload of money i'd put all those out on vinyl. sad, but true.

its not worth the prices dropcards charges or trying to design something to set it up yourself hosting it on your own site IMO for releases like ours that will be lucky to sell 500 pieces on vinyl to begin with. thus, if you buy vinyl from us feel free to go download it for free, which these days means typing it into google.