What album have you listened to the most in your life?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

Re: What album have you listened to the most in your life?

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Spectre Vs. Rector wrote:yeah, i'm with you on their nowadays fanbase; luckily i haven't seen too many MBV tees to cause eyerolling out the skull, but currently it almost makes me cringe to admit i love MBV (and shoegaze in general).
Well, I mean even going back to when it was released...that thing definitely found an audience in the artfag crowd.
Spectre Vs. Rector
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Spectre Vs. Rector »

yeah, i recall reading that K Shields has had a HUGE cult following in the US...altho' when i caught them at the Vatican in '92 the crowd seemed a lot more eager to see DINO JR overall...
ImageImage
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I never liked Dinosaur Jr. I hated their fans too...
chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Post by chris narcosis »

eddie munster wrote:
and maybe

THIS EXPLAINS WHY YOU ARE A SHITBOX!!!!!!!!!!
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

chris narcosis wrote:
eddie munster wrote:
and maybe

THIS EXPLAINS WHY YOU ARE A SHITBOX!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:

I think I laughed a little too hard at this.
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
fmelikeananimal
Pulse Demon

Post by fmelikeananimal »

george michael-faith
chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Post by chris narcosis »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Spectre Vs. Rector wrote: Image
You know...after all of this time the only complaint I have about that album is how much it cost to make. It would cost $200 today. This album is also notable in that as much as I love it every single fan of it I've ever met has been an artfag douchebag. This is just bad luck.

DUDE I LOVE THIS ALBUM AND AS IM BRUTAL AS THE NEXT MAN!!!!!!!!!
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

I would be really interested to know the answer for sure, if I could somehow retroactively last.fm my whole life, it's obvious that Master of Puppets, Reign in Blood and Rust in Peace, along with Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, Clutch's s/t, Recipe for Hate would have to be up there, as I used to listen to them all cover to cover all the time as a youth, but unlike other albums of that period, still can listen to them cover to cover today and do so on occasion.

There are a lot of other records that I may have listened to so intensely during certain time periods that they might compare to those listed above, as when I really like an album I tend to get somewhat obsessive about it, but I think the above narrows it down pretty well.

I once went on a two week vacation to Italy, when I was 15ish, with lots of travel time and two tapes, Reign in Blood and Marty Friedman's Scenes, I would basically let the former go round and round til it burnt me out and then one play of the latter and then repeat. Good times.
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

MBV wasn't that huge at all - the more dance-able English bands like Happy Mondays, Charlatans and even the kinda crapp Soup Dragons were bigger for sure.

I think Loveless is a bit overrated - I like their earlier tunes with the more Beach Boys sound more, think Jesus and Mary Chain did better fuzzy pop and appreciate the music of Swirlies much more in general.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

for metal a least, gotta be Reign in Blood, Metal Church-Metal Church, Dio Holy Diver, Mercyful Fate Don't Break the Oath, Black Sabbath Born Again, hell, played the death out of Show No mercy Hell await, south of heaven and seasons too--I think even more than maiden's first 5

non metal... The Fixx- Reach the Beach, Men at Work-Business as Usual, hell lots of old Queen albums have gotten heavy play (I, II, Jazz, News of the world especially..>), plenty of Steely dan...since they never are out of rotation for long
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Mr. Budd wrote:MBV wasn't that huge at all
they did a big arena tour in 92 with blur that was a big deal (rollercoaster)
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.