M.D.C.'s "This Blood's for You"

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Barcass Grinder
I hate my life.

M.D.C.'s "This Blood's for You"

Post by Barcass Grinder »

The first side of that album is flawless. What the hell happened with side B? It would probably be my favorite album of theirs if the intensity of the first half continued for the rest of the album.

M.D.C. has been a favorite band of mine since age 13 or so. I forget sometimes how much I love their music, but whenever I put them on it's great and fills my head with memories from my youth when I had to use my brother's turntable to dub their album on to cassette so I'd be able to listen to them because I didn't have a record player of my own. It's too bad I wasn't able to see them live sooner than I did. Dave's vocals were weak when I finally did see them.

Any other fans here? Favorite album?
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Re: M.D.C.'s "This Blood's for You"

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Now, are we talkin about Millions of Dead Cops or Millions Of Dead Children? Because there's a big difference.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Hi, I like to answer a question with a fucking question!
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Barcass Grinder
I hate my life.

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:Now, are we talkin about Millions of Dead Cops or Millions Of Dead Children? Because there's a big difference.
Neither. Millions of Damn Christians.
Unholy Massacre
I like to smell things.

Post by Unholy Massacre »

Millions of Dumb Crusties.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I'm like a BUTTERFLY gestating in a COCOON of BAD VIBES and VEGAN HOTDOGS
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

Never gave that one a chance. i've always been kind of scared of anything past "Smoke Signals". Although "Shades of Brown" does have some amusing bits.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
Barcass Grinder
I hate my life.

Did you not like Smoke Signals? That was the start of their uneven album trend. I think all of them have great songs on them, but they started putting weird songs that didn't fit their sound on Smoke Signals. Fuck, Metal Devil Cokes is about 50/50 good and dumb, but the good songs are all really good and worth the listen, IMO.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

Unholy Massacre wrote:Millions of Dumb Crusties.
:lol:
Astronaut
I like to smell things.

Post by Astronaut »

I've heard a few songs here and there and I always see people talking about them, like this thread. If I was to every give them a chance, what should I hear?
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

Barcass Grinder wrote:Did you not like Smoke Signals? That was the start of their uneven album trend. I think all of them have great songs on them, but they started putting weird songs that didn't fit their sound on Smoke Signals. Fuck, Metal Devil Cokes is about 50/50 good and dumb, but the good songs are all really good and worth the listen, IMO.
i actually do like that album a lot, but yeah, it definitely has some clunkers. "This Blood's for You" seems to pop up a lot at record stores around town, i suppose i should give it a shot.
Astronaut wrote:I've heard a few songs here and there and I always see people talking about them, like this thread. If I was to every give them a chance, what should I hear?
Definitely start with the first album, "Millions of Dead Cops". It's a total rager. The CD version also has "More Dead Cops", which is a collection of early singles, lots of good stuff there too.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

more importantly, are any of their records in print? I'd like to score some on vinyl, preferrably.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

massive dildo'd cunt
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

saw em back in '01. kinda pathetic. still a crucial band though :cheers:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
SqualorMTL
Certified False.

Post by SqualorMTL »

The 1st MDC lp is still one of the most perfect and intense HC/punk ever created IMHO

I think I saw them in '92 or something. My parents saw their soundcheck too :awesome:
This Means War
The Brutality Continues...

Post by This Means War »

SqualorMTL wrote:The 1st MDC lp is still one of the most perfect and intense HC/punk ever created IMHO
+1
hard paranormal dong wrote: one of these days im going to upload my fist onto the internet, i just hope one day you accidentally download it.
Barcass Grinder
I hate my life.

Yeah, the first LP is start to finish awesome. A must hear, for sure.

Just to clarify, I like M.D.C.'s wacky songs and think that everything up to "Shades of Brown" is great, though there are some clunkers here and there. But even within those clunkers, some of those songs are good too, just not very HC or what people would be looking for when reaching for an M.D.C. record.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Come on guys, MDC was aweome, but there was much better hardcore bands out there. Ones that didn't mkae fools of themselves later on.
Barcass Grinder
I hate my life.

All the wackiness in the world doesn't negate their good material.