48%
No
52%

Total votes: 185

Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Re: Lady GaGa

Post by Ghost Dad »

She was really laying the verbal and gestural italics on thick when that big tittied brazillian broad came on after her.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

:( I didn't get to see the grammys so I have no idea

so she said the new video's being done by this Nick Knight photographer - should slay
http://www.nickknight.com/main.html
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I was bummed out when she had a chance to name-drop Giger in describing this outfit, but instead she just said something like "it's inspired by biomechanical creatures"
DanBehavingBadly
O.G. Interwebber

Post by DanBehavingBadly »

:moreawesome:
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

DanBehavingBadly wrote:

:moreawesome:

that walking abortion is from...yup, you guessed it...Loserpeg... :yerma:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

hi softball guys

new video out Monday morning - should be better than this piece of shit:

Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

I'm not gonna watch that Ross, because I generally can't stand Britney. But, did you ever hear her rendition of Telephone. God was it horrible...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

holy shit Chad posted a comment the youtube
him = god

H.I.M. = His Infernal Majesty (satan)
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

intro rules, the rest is surprisingly meh - I expected more explosions of color on stark white considering the director was Nick Knight: http://www.google.com/images?rls=en&q=nick%20knight

I think WHG directed the intro!?!?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

hahahah holy shit misfits skull face guy
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i like the parts where i can see her cute little tushy
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah i know. if her music somehow approximated the first 2 minutes of that video i'd be pretty stoked
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Necrometer wrote:explosions of color on stark white
I guess this was impossible because her statute of limitations for ripping stuff off rules out the recent Dog Days video
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

IN-fuhnight began the beginning

what a dunce
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I am the gay wizards
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Thanks for posting that Ross!

:tup:
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

So none of the holdouts have been swayed on the topic of Gaga as overseer of her own artistic output? This bizarre video is the product of an Interscope think tank and intensive market research?

B.T.W. vid references via MTV.com:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Alexander McQueen: The late fashion designer has always been an influence on Gaga (she wore his famous "armadillo heels" in the "Bad Romance" video and one of his creations on the red carpet of the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards), and in "Born This Way," her outfit at the beginning of the video — where she's hovering above Earth, giving birth to a starchild (or something) — seems directly influenced by the natural flourishes of McQueen's final collection, which featured feathers, mock scales and faux wings.

Denny Brewer: Deep-fried Texas musician/oddball who, along with his son, plays in the band Refried Ice Cream. In recent weeks, Brewer has risen to fame thanks to his recorded ramblings about alternate dimensions, phase-shifting, lizard people and pomegranates that serve as the through-line to Bright Eyes' The People's Key album. Much of what Gaga declares in her "Manifesto of Mother Monster" is lifted from Brewer's playbook: a "mitosis of the future," a "multiverse" and the constantly changing concepts of "temporal" and "eternal."

H.R. Giger: Swiss-born surrealist painter and sculptor, perhaps best known for designing the terrifying, sexualized beasts in the "Alien" franchise. After Gaga gives birth to her "evil" spawn, he contorts his body in a way that, when coupled with sinewy fabrics, appears to be a direct nod to Giger's chilling work.

Janus: The two-faced Roman god of gates, doorways, beginnings, endings and time. At the very beginning of "Born This Way," Gaga's Mother Monster features two faces, and, given the whole "rebirth" concept behind the video, that seems less than coincidental.

Madonna: By now, you're probably aware that, sonically, "Born This Way" sounds a lot like Madonna's "Express Yourself." So, perhaps as a bit of a joke, Gaga closes "BTW" by mimicking Madge's iconic gap between her two front teeth.

Michael Jackson: As she tries to assure her spot in the upper echelons of pop royalty, Gaga is obviously taking cues from the man who eternally sits on the throne: the late, great King of Pop. At the end of "Born This Way," she pays direct homage to the man, strutting down a dark alleyway, slightly glowing (à la his "Billie Jean" video). Earlier, she also wears a tuxedo, which could be a nod to the cover of MJ's Off the Wall album. Oh, and there's a very definite "Captain EO" feel to the proceedings too.

"Metropolis": A 1927 expressionist film directed by the iconic Fritz Lang, which tells the tale of a dystopian, not-too-distant future in which society is divided into two classes. The opening scenes of "BTW" definitely recall the film, especially the famous scene in which the heroine Maria is cloned by the villainous scientist Rotwang.

"Sin City": Gritty, black-and-white comic series from Frank Miller. Not only does the machine-gun-clutching Gaga remind us of every gun moll in the series, but at the end of the video, when she dances in stark white gloves with tassels, it seems like a direct homage to one of Sin City's most famous denizens: cowgirl stripper Nancy Callahan.

"Superman": Massive 1978 film directed by Richard Donner that tells the origin of one of DC Comics' most iconic characters. In Donner's version, the Man of Steel's home planet of Krypton is made almost entirely of shards of crystals, which also seems to have influenced the production design of "Born This Way."

Surrealism: Populist art movement begun in the 1920s, famous for its use of nonsequiturs and juxtapositions. Famed surrealist painters include Francis Bacon and Salvador Dalí, both of whom were name-checked by Gaga herself as being influences on the "Born This Way" clip.

"Vertigo": Masterful 1958 psychological thriller from Alfred Hitchcock. For reasons not really clear, it's equally masterful main theme, courtesy of Bernard Herrmann, is played over the opening scenes of "Born This Way."

Zombie Boy: Also known as Rick Genest, a model who made the rather, uh, unique decision to cover his entire face (and most of his body) in one large skeleton tattoo, which makes him look very much like, well, a zombie. In recent months, Genest has become a favorite of both Gaga and her stylist, Nicola Formichetti, appearing in a promo clip for the Born This Way album that premiered last month, and, of course, in the "Born This Way" video too.

Lotus Flowers: Not to be confused with the Radiohead single, these flowers hold immense significance in Eastern religion and philosophy, representing sexual purity, feminine grace and spiritual promise. Hindus closely associate the lotus with the divinities Lakshmi and Vishnu, and Buddhists believed that the flowers bloomed with each step of Gautama Buddha, who founded the religion. In "Born This Way," lotus flowers descend to Earth (spiraling, as one reader pointed out, "in line with the Golden Ratio") immediately following the birth of the starchild.

Michelangelo's "Last Judgment": Massive fresco inside the Sistine Chapel, it depicts the second coming of Christ and the apocalypse. Several readers noticed the similarities between the painting and the "Born This Way" scene where the "evil" child is born, as the souls of humans trapped below rise toward their Mother Monster for judgment.

Ovary: Female reproductive organ that — as one ultra-attentive Gaga fan pointed out — makes an appearance as a constellation at the 33-second mark of "Born This Way," just before Mother Monster begins to give birth.

"Rabbit Teeth": We caught hell from the Little Monsters for suggesting that, when Gaga donned a pair of gapped-front teeth at the conclusion of "Born This Way," she was doing so as an homage to Madonna. Instead, her fans said the costume was a nod to LG's own past, when she was called "rabbit teeth" by her classmates. Now, of course, it's safe to say she's having the last laugh.

Sinéad O'Connor: Irish singer perhaps best known for her iconic "Nothing Compares 2 U" video (and for ripping up a photo of the pope on "Saturday Night Live"). As several readers pointed out, in the same scene where Gaga shows off the gap in her teeth, she also sheds a single tear, an apparent nod to Connor's "2 U" clip.

Third Eye: In Hindu texts, the third eye is one of the chakras that makes up a person's energy field (or "etheric body") and serves as the gate to inner realms and higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye usually symbolizes a state of enlightenment. Also associated with clairvoyance and out-of-body experiences. Most often, the third eye is located on the brow, though, in "Born This Way," Gaga's Mother Monster proudly displays hers on her chin.

Triangles: Basic geometric shape that also possesses a world of additional symbolism, from the spiritual (the Holy Trinity, the Star of David, etc.) to the sexual (a representation of the male and female sex organs) to the social (the pink triangle being used in the Holocaust to identify homosexual prisoners and later adapted by the LGBTQ movement to represent a "safe" zone). All of those meanings can easily be applied to "Born This Way" too.
I got pumped when I spotted the ovary constellation - reminds me of Cremaster I. Not noted above is any discussion of G.O.A.T. (government owned alien territory) !?!? What does that mean. She's not a Capricorn, sadly.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Why is it that someone so smart can be so dumb? It has to be willful ignorance. It has to be.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I don't think she's dumb at all...
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Necrometer wrote:I don't think she's dumb at all...

...me neither...

:?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I'm pretty sure she's fairly ditzy. Maybe not dumb though.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

semiotics for idiots (with way too fucking time to waste)
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Friendly Goatus wrote:I'm pretty sure she's fairly ditzy. Maybe not dumb though.
Being ditzy if FUN!!!
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Mari_Mar wrote:Being ditzy if FUN!!!
lol
Spooky Apparition wrote:semiotics for idiots (with way too fucking time to waste)
so it's better to have more shit pop where absolutely everything is as it seems than to have some simplistic symbology? fuck off
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

She thinks ghosts haunt her shows for fucks sake. Coke induced psychosis or ditz hole?