The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by riley-o »

STOP IT UMESH I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE OF THIS
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

:lhug: sorry bro. i didn't mean to get you confused. i, too, honestly wish umess was dead. it won't happen again
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Zaqthulhu
Great Old One

Post by Zaqthulhu »

riley-o wrote:maybe i should give it another chance ? i really wanted to like it...
I'm not sure anyone is trolling you. The Blind Guardian bit is actually a pretty silly side quest with a very silly payoff. Still, if you don't have much going on right now I would give it another try. It does take a couple hours to get going and I even had to give it a couple chances before it clicked with me. After that I had a really fun time with it and some of the dialog is really worth it - but I like a little tongue in cheek in my fantasy.
We wear braces on our arms, we wear braces on our legs, we wear braces on our teeth, we're making ourselves straight.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Zaqthulhu wrote:The Blind Guardian bit is actually a pretty silly side quest with a very silly payoff.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Zaqthulhu
Great Old One

Post by Zaqthulhu »

guardianoftheblind wrote:
Zaqthulhu wrote:The Blind Guardian bit is actually a pretty silly side quest with a very silly payoff.
Enough.
We wear braces on our arms, we wear braces on our legs, we wear braces on our teeth, we're making ourselves straight.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

haahahaha
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:actually the first one is still pretty fucking great, i was really surprised. it gets super bullshitty later on when they start dumping dark troopers on you but it holds up relatively well except for the lack of mouselook.

now, dark forces 2 (jedi knight) is the one i was talking about and in a lot of ways it's a regression from the first one :shock:
Are you playing this on Steam? They added a "modern" control configuration in the options. :o
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

the first one? yeah it defaults to wasd but the vert. mouselook can't be bound to anything else for some reason. (except through dosbox, which doesn't have access to the mouse in the keybinding menu??)

moving on to Jedi Knight II is a blessed relief after the last one. the entire second half of that game is an Escherian nightmare, nonsensical imaginary architecture. it's the level design equivalent of a blind man describing "blue." the leaps of logic made trying to navigate from point a to b are skull-splitting.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Okay, this is going to get confusing. Namco Bandai is suing Optimus SA, parent company of CD Projekt Red, over the European console publishing rights for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. It claims that Optimus failed to meet its commitment with Namco Bandai when it gave THQ the rights to distribute the Xbox version of the game in some parts of Europe.

What does Namco Bandai have to do with The Witcher? Namco Bandai actually owns the European distribution business of Atari (who will publish the console release in North America, and who published the PC version in Europe), after purchasing it in 2009. For its part, Optimus says that it only signed a distribution deal with Namco for the PC version, and had its choice of distributor for the console release.

In addition, Namco Bandai claims CD Projekt Red violated its agreement when it spontaneously removed DRM from all versions of The Witcher 2. As a result, Namco is withholding payment of around €1.255 million ($1.8 million) -- a threat to which Optimus president Adam Kicinski blithely responded (as translated by Google): "Our liquidity situation is very good. Therefore, the lack of a few million does not have any leverage on current activities. Withholding of payments means only that for some time, our partner will have to give us the money with interest."

He added that he was confident the case would be settled before it went to court -- or, if not, Optimus will win the case "and then the loser will pay for our lawyers."
Euro devs <3
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I'm thinking of re-playing Bioshock starting tonight. I know I have some games still I've haven't played/beaten yet, but I'm feeling like revisiting a classic instead.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i got bioshock 2 for ten dollars. i refuse to believe it's not worth at least that.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

there's nothing to hate about that game. what the fuck.
Zaqthulhu
Great Old One

Post by Zaqthulhu »

riley-o wrote:i got bioshock 2 for ten dollars. i refuse to believe it's not worth at least that.
Again, another game I really enjoyed. Is it unnecessary? Oh yeah. Is it still fun as hell with a really good story and atmosphere? Oh hell yeah. Get the non-multiplayer DLC for it as well.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

I've been playing Darksiders lately. I was really, really liking everything about it until I got to The Black Throne. That whole level is nothing but crap. This thing where companies feel the need to rip off Portal and then do a really shitty job of doing that is ridiculous.

Besides that I think it's a great game.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:My favorite bad Resident Evil 2 dialogue:

After Ada Wong gets all but disembowled from the monster reaching into the train with it's 2 foot claws and lies on the floor bleeding Captain Dumbfuck yells for her to, "Snap out of it!".

I wish more ER doctors tried this method of medicine when people come in holding their guts from auto accidents.
Fuck that. Oh, Miss I'm a "femme fatale", and a "kick ass chick". Leon has been running around getting chewed up by zombies, zombie dogs, giant spiders, impaled by tongues, given AIDS by flowers, and smacked around by a huge juggernaut of a monster; and all he has to do it rub some plants on his balls he he feels better. Women! They go through child birth so they think they're so tough. Who's tough now, ya faggot?

Totally glad I went back to Bioshock. It's many years and everything I thought I remembered is actually stuff from Bioshock 2, so it's kind, sort of, like I'm playing it for the first time again. Have to remember to stop drinking all the booze, though. Forgot it saps my Eve.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Anyone play Age of Conan recently? This could be the beginning of a journey down a long, dark and sexless life but it's free to play so I'm going to give it a shot. All other mmos look incredibly queer.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Pisscubes wrote:Really, Uncharted? This late in the game? You're going to introduce...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
...fucking monsters?

Keep playing...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Really, Uncharted? This late in the game? You're going to introduce...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
...fucking monsters?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HATE that part. They write really great, fun and likable characters and then resort to the hackiest of hack writing. I'm not expecting great things from what is essentially Gears of Indiana Jones but come on... The only thing that could have been worse was if Drake suddenly wakes up at the end and it was all a dream.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Oh, that's dirty.

Fuck yes.
Wang Mandu wrote:Age of Conan
Aaaaaand that's over. I realize you need to sink more than 2 hours into an mmo to really get a feel for the game but the combat sucks in that one. I also don't like leveling up and not getting to allocate points myself...that's half the fun!

I'd kill for a real, single player rpg with the Conan license. Too bad that'll never happen. :(
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Wolfey »

Wang Mandu wrote:Oh, that's dirty.

Fuck yes.
:mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
:bean: :bean: :bean: :bean:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i feel like i'm the only person on earth who felt like the monsters in uncharted fit into the story just fine
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

riley-o wrote:i feel like i'm the only person on earth who felt like the monsters in uncharted fit into the story just fine
I had only recently sat through The Crystal Skull Indiana Jones movie when I played Uncharted for the first time and this greatly reduced the negative impact of the
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
mutagen mummy dust
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

riley-o wrote:i feel like i'm the only person on earth who felt like the monsters in uncharted fit into the story just fine
it's like people forget that there was a tyrannosaurus in tomb raider.

in fact their attempts to explain the monsters makes them so much more dumb than if they were just there
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

The monsters in Uncharted added nothing to the overall game but for me it took away a whole lot. They were unneeded and only distracted from an otherwise good story. As I sat there seeing them come at me and fighting these enemies that are WAY harder than anything I'd killed in the game only to have them vanish and never mentioned again it felt Naughty Dog just wanted to put monsters in for monsters sake. They shouldn't of been in the game, it made me walk away from the game not liking it that much.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
And then those assholes did it again in part 2. I'm sure they'll be some sand worm or Tusken Raider type thing in the deserts of part 3. After them going to that well twice I consider myself done with that series. They've done a lot right in those games but the supernatural stuff doesn't fit and always feels forced in.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/