The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

Necrometer wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
riley-o wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Yeah, I once suggested I might try WOW and my girlfriend shot me daggers with her eyes.

Her brother in law was one of those clinically addicted guys and failed out of school before doing some rehab program.
after posting this, one of my coworkers saw me watching the D3 clip (again) :oops: :oops: and told me the tale of her fucking brother losing his job and failing out of school and having to move back in with his parents all due to WoW.

fucking

i mean just imagine that "son i am disappoint" conversation when you called to tell your dad that you ruined your life with a video game

christ i would completely rather go the strung out junkie route if i had my choice

at least your father could still look you in the eye
I thought the same thing when I heard about the brother in law. I mean, it's not RATIONAL to think like this but... seriously. Gayest Life Ruining Addiction Ever, right? I mean, gas huffers could look at WOW addicts and laugh.
I was quasi-friends with a dude (he sublet me his place for my first apartment and was a house-painting coworker for a bit) and he lived in a house with dudes who basically lived to smoke week, do coke, and play video games... this is around 1999, but yeah... even without WoW people found ways to utterly ruin their lives with bames. I guess they were supplementing with drugs so that's one testament to the power of WoW. One guy failed out of Ohio State U three times, I think. Or two times and I knew him in the brief time before the inevitable third fail-out.
Are we cool, again? Do you have me foe'd? Can I respond to you?

Any hows, my story with WOW is sort of different. It's a story I've told here before. My wife worked with a woman whose husband totally mistreated her and dumped pretty much out of no where. A nice enough girl, not a looker by any means, but nice personality. So, the girl moves into my In-law's apartment complex and she becomes addicted to WOW. Low and beyond, she strikes up an online friendship with some dude from the game. They meet, and according to my in-laws fuck like rabbits. They're married now. WOW maybe the most influential game that effects real life matters ever of all time.

Never played it myself. I was always against paying beyond the initial purchase, plus I'm not a fan of grinding to level up.
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

Molester Stallone wrote:I wish I would have gotten into BlazBlue more. It's such a good game, but right when CS came out I broke my elbow, and couldn't play games for a while, so I just never got around to it, and it's too late in the game now.

What do you think of Skullgirls so far Frost? I'm going to give that a shot.
I've really liked it so far in the demonstrations theyve shown at tourneys, hopefully it will build a solid online userbase when it does come out
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

The Bill wrote:Are we cool, again? Do you have me foe'd? Can I respond to you?
Only if it's as stupid and embarrassing as this shit:
If Ross was part of my FB page he'd see I'm always been verminous protective of my children. I was bullied as a child and there is no way in FUCK i will have it happen to my children. I've told my wife my ideas to make sure the kids are alright when then go to camp or school. I will beat he fuck out of little children that fucks with my children. From kindergarten to high school and their is no one on this planet that can stop me.

Please, Ross. My kids are not your business unless I bring them up. I never bring up personal shit until I do. you know I have kids that are in Greece. Fuck off, you want to play a game with me, I see that. Games are funny.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

actually a pretty cool shirt, but why is he hadouken'ing a giant bullet?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Anyone playing Catherine?
ImageImageImage
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i thought it was a bullet too, and i got the pot smoke part

it's a pretty cool design and i'm down with dhalsim taking a huge bong rip but yeah you're going to face a lot of bullet talk
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

Necrometer wrote:
If Ross was part of my FB page he'd see I'm always been verminous protective of my children. I was bullied as a child and there is no way in FUCK i will have it happen to my children. I've told my wife my ideas to make sure the kids are alright when then go to camp or school. I will beat he fuck out of little children that fucks with my children. From kindergarten to high school and their is no one on this planet that can stop me.

Please, Ross. My kids are not your business unless I bring them up. I never bring up personal shit until I do. you know I have kids that are in Greece. Fuck off, you want to play a game with me, I see that. Games are funny.

Jesus Christ :drooly:
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

ross

fucking seriously man
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

http://kotaku.com/5827283/retro-game-ma ... f-atlantis

new RGM in about 20 minutes NOW, Mystery of Atlantis
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

can i get kind of a straw poll going for what platform people are getting battlefield 3 for?

presumably i'm getting it for 360 but it depends on other people's choices
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Pisscubes wrote:Be nice to The Bill. He's a real life good dude. :lhug:
i'm pretty used to people being shitty... but the hostility against bill these last few pages truly hurts my heart :( reading his borderline-manic thoughts on games is one of the biggest highlights of this thread. goddamn jerks.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

why are people taking ross trolling someone so seriously
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

360 it is then :tup:

i had more fun playing bfbc2 with you guys than any of my other friends

that time andrew and i monopolized an apache and rained hell for like 15 solid minutes

or the time fbts and his roomate i think and i realized we could rpg snipe command points and embarrassed the other team all night

or the times we just shut down that map with the lighthouse on the first checkpoint over and over

it's been too long guys
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i have a feeling this is going to have very little to do with 2 so i'm sure you're fine. 2 was good but i didn't get to play it as much as i wanted to because of when it came out.

i played hundreds+ of hours of the 1942 Desert Combat mod though and ended up on the dev team doing weapon balancing and map tweaking and lots and lots of testing. the lead programmers were hired by DICE to work on BF2, then made that game Frontlines which i never played
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

man watching that, that's a really early version.

this is more along the time that i was helping with it, i think i was even playing in the trailer. most of the official trailers for DC Final (after the original programmers left) have me in them... sort of. if you watch these and ever see a dude with a melvins related name, it was probably me :oops:

edit: oh man, al nas and first light :brokenheart: al nas was such an amazing map. the mappers on DC were so good. i hope they went on to paid jobs making games because they deserved to

hnnngg :mastoman: :mastoman:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

not to be dismissive or anything but as a fan of battlefield i can't help but really think even the first bad company game sort of made the original battlefields obsolete. which is not something i normally say about an fps but i think it's true in battlefields case. i couldn't see myself playing battlefield 2 again now..

3 is just such an all encompassing quantum leap forward its like the difference between half life and wolfenstein almost.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

oh. yeah. but i mean in 02-05 or so there was NOTHING like it. there's a reason i don't go back and try to play those games now- i'll just let my memories suffice.

it's interesting that i find out that more and more people that i know irl feel like COD has just shit in their mouths one too many times and they're all switching fully to BF and that warms my heart

i mean discounting BF:Vietnam (not the bfbc2 one) and BF2142 (yuck) they really haven't taken a bad step with the series
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Necrometer wrote:

Yeah, that was stupid, but as I said beer then tequila is a bad one-two drinking move. The lights were on, but no one was home.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

if i'm not killing scared teenagers with 45 minutes of starting my 60 dollar fps experience either in the campaign or multiplayer i usually march back and get my money refunded
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Real talk: are any of you out there the same hypocritical pussy that I am with COD and BF and such?

I realize I play violent games all the time but the last time I played one of those (forget which one-- whatever one has you surviving a nuclear blast) I just couldn't get through it cause at one point I shot what looked and sounded like a teenaged kid who was screaming and weeping. It was basically the war in the middle east I was fighting and fuck if it wasn't all to real to enjoy...
I have no problem with any sort of content like that. In fact, I wish game content could reach me on an emotional level besides humor or anger.... or perverse eroticism.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

geoff

did you play mordern warfar 2??
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Last edited by fallbacktostone on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
fallbacktostone wrote:geoff

did you play mordern warfar 2??
I don't remember the names.
It's the one where Russia invades the USA.