Pisscubes/Molester's Official MLB Thread NOW WITH '11!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Re: Pisscubes/Molester's Official MLB Thread NOW WITH '11!

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

No doubt Adrian Gonzalez is good, but I don't really think that adding him and Crawford made the TEAM better. The ROSTER got better on paper, but the Red Sox have a team of lead off hitters, first basemen, and bottom of the order guys. They don't have a cohesive unit. With Crawford's speed, he should be at the top of the lineup, providing RBI opportunities for Youk, Papi, and A-Gonz. The only problem with that scenario is they already have Ellsbury. So put Crawford in the 2 hole. Great except you then have 3 lefties leading off your batting order and probably 4 out of 5 with Papi, assuming he bats 5th. Where do you put Pedroia? He's the IDEAL #2 hitter because he makes contact, moves runners, and hustles to stay out of double plays. Crawford is getting paid way too much to bat any lower than 5th in the lineup. The combination of money and egos has almost handcuffed Francona in the way he sets up his lineup. As much as I hate to say it, Papi and/or Youk can't be on the team next year. I don't know much about the SAWX farm system but I do know that Josh Reddick isn't terrible, Jed Lowrie needs to get it together because I don't think they want to bring back Scutaro, despite the fact that he's the only player hitting this month... Trying to be the Yankees pt. 2 has really screwed up Boston.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

I certainly don't dispute how good he is. I just don't like the pickup insofar as it relates to the management of the team, its assets, and its overall needs. I mean, it was no Lackey signing (ugh), and it looks like pitchers have figured out Crawford (i.e., get two strikes on him and then throw him fucking anything out of the strike zone) faster than he's figured out that they've figured him out. He can fix that I guess, but it's going to be a work in progress.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:
CoconutBackwards1 wrote:
Natas wrote:
The Marlins closed the upper deck for the rest of their season at the all-star break :what:

Holy shit!
Join the club. A's haven't opened the top deck in years. Granted they play in a fucking football stadium...

I use to on occasion take in a game as Skydump in Toronto--the place sucks, but when they sold those peanut heaven tickets in the outfield for I ferget but like $4, I'd head in with a $4 seat (LOL usually move to equally empty but better vantage point in upper deck on 1st or 3rd.

Now no sale. Don't want your measly money, only big $$ tix 4 sale. Fucking faggotry. Haven't been to skydump since and likely ne'er will.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

I went to Skydome in 1991. I don't imagine that it's improved since then. It was pretty nice to me, but then again, I was 10 and the only other baseball stadiums I'd been to at that point were Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium and Riverfront Stadium in Cincy.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:I went to Skydome in 1991. I don't imagine that it's improved since then. It was pretty nice to me, but then again, I was 10 and the only other baseball stadiums I'd been to at that point were Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium and Riverfront Stadium in Cincy.

well only perk is really, doesn't matter if its raining or not, you're gonna see a game. Remember riding up in a pouring rain to see an Indians-Jays game.

But that place is so sterile, dull and cripes that asshole turf of the 70s field. Fuck that place. It's like anti everything that IS cool in TO.

saw the game in skydump when Roider Clemens got his 3000th K.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Watching the Yankees/Rays game right now... Commentators have been going on all game about how impressed they are with the Yankees catcher who was just called up from AA... It's so bad they were just talking about him catching a bee in his glove, THEN showing the replay...
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Magick Sam wrote:I think it's too early still to call the crawford contract a bad one...
With his performance this year, his slightly above-average hitting and subpar power numbers in his career with his age, I'd say the future doesn't look too bright for this one to EVER be a winner.

Even if he were to hit .330 and steal 50+ bases the next 6 years, he'd still be overpaid.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

i understand lefty/lefty matchups and all of that, but jp howell has been fucking awful this year. why would you put him in when you need outs, not some guy blowing a game in the 8th? shields was left in slightly too long, but he's always in slightly too long. boston owes the yankees.
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Cribdeath
Certified False.

Post by Cribdeath »

All I know is fuck this team for making me MISS JD Drew for a split second last night, after Reddick botched that line drive last night. I've been depressed all day because of that.
Mike Green wrote:I'd never donate a single dime of my wife's money to these retards.
BattletweeteR (2:22:07 AM): evening
Clint666Carr (2:22:11 AM): hey battletard
Father of Lies23 (2:22:28 AM): whoa its tweeter
katiealmaktoum (2:22:28 AM): Fucking Mia'd.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

braves and red sox should have a fight to see who wants to make the playoffs the least

neither of them would show up.
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

the orioles really love this "FUCK YOUR PLAYOFFS, PRICKS" role.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

The big, bad 400 games below .500, Royals are beating up on the Tigers again at the end of the season.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Hey, why don't you go ahead and read this article about Chuck Knoblauch?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins ... page=1&c=y
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/70053 ... suspension

Manny wants to play again. Says he'll serve his suspension, this coming after finding out that the Dominican League is part of MLB so he was ineligible to play there this winter.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

Didn't realize it until earlier, but the Rangers' record is better at this point this season than last season when they had Cliff Lee. That's kinda interesting to just me, I'm sure.
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

The Rangers are on a tear.

The Tigers are resting Cabrera.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Leyland knows what's up. They'll most likely face Boston in the first round, so easy LDS.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

before yesterday's incredible, three-decade defying Mets comeback over the Cardinals, and tonight's Braves win and Cubs defeat of the Cards...

I was REALLY REALLY worried about the Cardinals overtaking the Braves in the wild card. now I'm just really worried. great night.

also, if you have a heart at all, you'll enjoy reading this:

http://www.tedquarters.net/2011/09/23/w ... n-billion/
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

also...

NL MVP: Matt Kemp

NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw

I don't follow AL close enough to weigh in, but it's clear Justin Verlander is the AL Cy Young...

do you guys realize that with a few games left, Matt Kemp could in 2011 get the first triple crown since the 1950s? Carl Yastrzemski
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Chad wrote:also...

NL MVP: Matt Kemp

NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw

I don't follow AL close enough to weigh in, but it's clear Justin Verlander is the AL Cy Young...

do you guys realize that with a few games left, Matt Kemp could in 2011 get the first triple crown since the 1950s? Carl Yastrzemski
as a baseball fan, I WANT this to happen. it'd be amazing. he'd be a true superstar under the new era.

I want Matt Kemp to get the triple crown.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I think Kemp will only get the MVP if he wins the triple crown. Writers seem adamant that the MVP comes from a playoff team. For example last season, when Cabrera was dominating everyone and Hamilton won it over him, even though he played 40 less games.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Chad wrote:do you guys realize that with a few games left, Matt Kemp could in 2011 get the first triple crown since the 1950s? Carl Yastrzemski
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Doing a bit of research on old Tigers, I found out that there have been only 3 MLB players with the name Aurelio.

...all three have died in car accidents :shock:
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

If the Braves manage to blow this lead in the wild card, Gunther's gonna have a heart attack.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Looking at what the Angels are paying some people and it's seriously hilarious. They're still paying Gary Matthews Jr. Scott Kazmir is making $12M this year.

And that's not even mentioning Vernon Wells. Holy shit that trade is so amazing.