The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Pooeyegg
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Pooeyegg »

I was hoping DE:HR would be the final test for this 4 year old computer, but it seems to be a bit more optimized than many other recent games I've played. The original Deus Ex actually melted my first Pentium 2.

Has anyone else noticed ads in this game yet?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

you guys should play gears 3 with my newest gaming pals:

http://www.pwnedbygirls.com/
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

god of war PSP games remastered for PS3 ? i had no idea !
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:god of war PSP games remastered for PS3 ? i had no idea !
Clearly marriage has caused you to lose touch with the important things in life.

I dunno, though, I played the Ghost of Sparta demo that's on the PSN, and it looks surprisingly good, but I really don't know if I need to play these again anytime soon. I guess if I ever do get a hankerin' to play them again it's the more comfortable option than having to play them on the PSP, but... it's God of War. It's always the same game, and these don't have puzzles. I kinda don't see the point.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i haven't played these ones before
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:i haven't played these ones before
I had not considered this possibility.

Well, in that case, get them. The absence of puzzles kinda sucks, but other than that they really play just as well as the PS3 games, and GoS has some really cool creature designs.

EDIT Plus GoW III references at least one event from Chains of Olympus that I remember, and the GoS story is really pretty good.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:after getting a ways into the 3rd act in Dead Island, it's playing MUCH better, as i was told it would.

i guess it's just the crappy 2nd act that ruins everything

It's been mentioned before but sometimes in act 2, man fucking crazy. Just trying to walk through the city is a nightmare, so many zombies. You'll get a few rushes like that in act 3 but no where near as many as in the city.
I expected something like that to happen, so I was glad some people hopped into my game. Think about it, what's the worse place to be during an epidemic like that? A crowded city. The last act isn't that bad besides it being full of Rams and Thugs. I beat it a couple days ago. I just wish I could find a Co-op game with all different people instead of everyone playing as Sam B, although I recommend going through a first play with him. Simply for the tackle, Rage skill, and for easy trophies/achievements.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The new game plus they set you up with could've been better like leaving all your incompleted side quests. Oh well, at least there's bugs that can work out in your favor for gaining tons of xp and money.
PSN- BroMan43
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

BroMan wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:after getting a ways into the 3rd act in Dead Island, it's playing MUCH better, as i was told it would.

i guess it's just the crappy 2nd act that ruins everything

It's been mentioned before but sometimes in act 2, man fucking crazy. Just trying to walk through the city is a nightmare, so many zombies. You'll get a few rushes like that in act 3 but no where near as many as in the city.
I expected something like that to happen, so I was glad some people hopped into my game. Think about it, what's the worse place to be during an epidemic like that? A crowded city. The last act isn't that bad besides it being full of Rams and Thugs. I beat it a couple days ago. I just wish I could find a Co-op game with all different people instead of everyone playing as Sam B, although I recommend going through a first play with him. Simply for the tackle, Rage skill, and for easy trophies/achievements.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The new game plus they set you up with could've been better like leaving all your incompleted side quests. Oh well, at least there's bugs that can work out in your favor for gaining tons of xp and money.
I couldn't resist playing as the half arboriginal chick cause she's hilarious.

I'm not sure what you mean by third act, I have just returned to the church after the city hall incident. Got a shotgun, a decent pistol and shitty rifle now.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

doomeddisciple wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by third act, I have just returned to the church after the city hall incident. Got a shotgun, a decent pistol and shitty rifle now.

The resort is Act 1, the City is Act 2, The next area is 3 and then you go on to 4.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I'm just confused cause the game is get into Chapters. I think I'm on chapter 7 or 8 or something.

I just got the mission from nun lady to take out the cop shop and find Jin in the armoured car.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if only the screen went black and the words ACT II etc appeared in big white letters...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

copstache wrote:if only the screen went black and the words ACT II etc appeared in big white letters...

:tup:
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:every game doesn't need multiplayer
:fonz:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

copstache wrote:if only the screen went black and the words ACT II etc appeared in big white letters...
Dude - I am the WORST gamer when it comes to story elements paying attention to the presentation elements unless the game totally sucks me in. After the first cringeworthy cut scene where my national accent is butchered in the worst way since the last scene of Point Break I have skipped everything, gone and got food or smoked a pipe instead of pay attention and then just super lazy bring the map up with the associated quest highlight so I know where to run too.

I watched everything in Mass Effect, not so much this one. I am playing solo and it is soooo crap that all the cut scenes include all 4 players ala Left 4 Dead cut scenes - If they were gonna do that - then the party should have been NPC's. Then AGAIN - playing L4D single player involves endless frustration with the actions of the NPC's so yeah...

A whole lot of excuses for not really paying attention :)
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote:
riley-o wrote:i haven't played these ones before
I had not considered this possibility.

Well, in that case, get them. The absence of puzzles kinda sucks, but other than that they really play just as well as the PS3 games, and GoS has some really cool creature designs.

EDIT Plus GoW III references at least one event from Chains of Olympus that I remember, and the GoS story is really pretty good.
after you
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
crush the large persian boss's head right near the start
the trophy is called
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
persian history X

:lol: :lol: :lol:
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

:moreawesome:
ImageImageImage
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

GOD OF BORE
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ok question for you guys

i had $100 in amazon credit, pre-ordered FIFA, and it came with a $10 bonus. i have $40 right now left over, waiting for the extra $10 to go to $50.

i thought i read that it was going to take 1-2 days for it to process, but it's been way more than that and i still don't have it.

i've never used amazon to order a game or get a bonus. did i read it wrong and will it kick in AFTER they ship the game?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Cryptoplasty wrote:GOD OF BORE
Honestly.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Apparently Halo CE Anniversary started a thing and now Square is remaking Final Fantasy X. I wish they'd do VII, but I understand that would be entirely a ground up effort.

Though it seems strange considering that game had pretty vivid detail. I'm wondering what can really be improved upon that would make it worthwhile.

And yes, I primarily like the false Final Fantasy games.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:GOD OF BORE
Honestly.
The first two and a half games are awesome gory romps. That last half to a third of GOW3 killed whatever enthusiasm I had for the series.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

TheDOAD wrote:when I just ordered it said 2 days after. but Like I said, when i look at all account details, the credit is literally never there until i Am at the last checkout screen for new bame. Try that.

Oh yeah, and so I got Gears of war 3. Lets play. Unfortunately i cant play tomorrow :( Wed....
just tried that. still doesn't kick-in :|
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Borderlands is almost free on XBL now... if there wasn't so much awesome shit coming out I'd probably get it, but the game sounds like a massive timesink.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

never mind figured it out. it gets applied to your account after the product ships
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

:tup:
Yeah that would've worked out greatly instead of relying on when your achievement/trophy pops. Basically a new act starts and ends when you go into a new area.
PSN- BroMan43