Boxing thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Boxing thread

Post by Chad »

I watch all the boxing I can, it's my second favorite sport after baseball. I love it, both the history and the new fights.

I've often wanted to post about boxing here but there's been no thread for it. now there is. I'll post about a bunch of boxing here, hopefully others join.

there are plenty of great sources but no talk here so fuck it, gonna do it
Last edited by Chad on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Boxing thread

Post by fallbacktostone »

good luck with your thread chad :tup:
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

my favorite active boxers are: Takashi Uchiyama, Lucas Matthysse

you can join for free and download tons of fights old and new here, just be cool:

http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com/
Last edited by Chad on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

johnny tapia
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

check here for upcoming bouts. boxing fandom requires extra bit of effort

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule/113511-schedule
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I enjoyed Garcia cracking Kahns china last weekend, but his dad is a douche - like a Mexican Mayweather Snr without the joy of going back and watching Sugar Ray punch holes in him...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

maybe I don't hate Broner, cause this was awesome. wish he could've made weight against an already outmatched opponent though.

re: khan/garcia, I wish khan fought smarter cause he has the quickness and talent to not be knocked down by garcia. good for garcia though

looking forward to josesito lopez v alvarez. i think lopez can hang around long enough to be dangerous

Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Chad I will subscribe to this thread.
No Cunting Elves
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

good brother. I'll most def post on friday for friday night fights on espn.
Last edited by Chad on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

doomeddisciple wrote:I enjoyed Garcia cracking Kahns china last weekend, but his dad is a douche - like a Mexican Mayweather Snr without the joy of going back and watching Sugar Ray punch holes in him...

Garcia is Puerto Rican! First rule of boxing, Mexican vs Puerto Rico is the greates rivalry in boxing. Calling a Mexican a Puerto Rican or vice versa could get you stabbed if you make that mistake with the wrong person.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Goddamnit Tujofa can that shit. Chad is trying to get this thread off the ground and you're already making it more difficult.
No Cunting Elves
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

Chad wrote:okay, I'll go ahead and say I hate Adrien Broner and he's a piece of shit BUT he is an enormously talented boxer.

He fights in the weakest division in boxing and I thought he lost to Juan Ponce De Leon who is B+ fighter at best. Once he moves to Featherweight I don't know how far he's gonna go. He won't beat Yuriorkis Gamboa thats for sure.
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

Honky Kong 64 wrote:Goddamnit Tujofa can that shit. Chad is trying to get this thread off the ground and you're already making it more difficult.
You have never been on a boxing message board have you? The shit talking that goes on between Mexicans and Puerto Rican's is just ridiculous and is ver relevent to a boxing thread.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

who do you like lopez/alvarez? lemme rephrase...do you think lopez has another upset available?

also...chavez jr/martinez...I'll be buying that
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

Chad wrote:who do you like lopez/alvarez? lemme rephrase...do you think lopez has another upset available?

also...chavez jr/martinez...I'll be buying that

Victor Ortiz is one thing but Alvarez is a whole diffrent Animal. I think Saul blows out Lopez easy! Lopez last fight was at a career high 144 pounds and now he jumping up another division to Junior Middle 154 pounds so yeah he has no chance.

Chavez Jr and Martinez is tricky, and it kind of depends what Chavez Jr we get. If we get drinking, partying, and eating Chavez jr then hes easy work for Martinez. If we get a focused Chavez jr then hes just so big and strong that it's a 50/50 fight. But my money is on Maravilla! He is hands down the most entertaining in boxing right now and I cant pick against him.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Pistol Whip wrote:
Chad wrote:okay, I'll go ahead and say I hate Adrien Broner and he's a piece of shit BUT he is an enormously talented boxer.

He won't beat Yuriorkis Gamboa thats for sure.
i'd fucking love to see that fight. for all his showboating bullshit, you might be underestimating Broner
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

Chad wrote:
Pistol Whip wrote:

He won't beat Yuriorkis Gamboa thats for sure.
i'd fucking love to see that fight. for all his showboating bullshit, you might be underestimating Broner

Come on man! Check out his fight against Ponce De leon he was horrid in his first real test and I thought he got a gift from the judges.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

he has pure talent so he fucks around I guess. be honest, you'd fear a focused Broner. I wish he'd shed the bullshit and be quiet...he's good for US boxing like no one else in a decade

cause he can back it up
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

Chad wrote:he has pure talent so he fucks around I guess. be honest, you'd fear a focused Broner. I wish he'd shed the bullshit and be quiet...he's good for US boxing like no one else in a decade

cause he can back it up

Floyd Jr clone at best but we will see like I said that divison he's in is just crap.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Pistol Whip wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:I enjoyed Garcia cracking Kahns china last weekend, but his dad is a douche - like a Mexican Mayweather Snr without the joy of going back and watching Sugar Ray punch holes in him...

Garcia is Puerto Rican! First rule of boxing, Mexican vs Puerto Rico is the greates rivalry in boxing. Calling a Mexican a Puerto Rican or vice versa could get you stabbed if you make that mistake with the wrong person.
The first rule of boxing is protect yourself at all times and in this case I am happy to slight all latino people as my sentiment on Garcia's dad remains unchanged.

As for Broner - Floyd is a pain in the ass, but the JMM fight aside, there's never been an issue with him making weight - that event was aptly described as "Boxing After Farce" by Rafael and Steve Kim.

If Broner wants to be that heavy, and good for US boxing - Let him eat for a couple of years and produce a decent US heavyweight. That's what US boxing needs now more than anything else...aside from a better regulated sport...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

doomeddisciple wrote:As for Broner - Floyd is a pain in the ass, but the JMM fight aside, there's never been an issue with him making weight - that event was aptly described as "Boxing After Farce" by Rafael and Steve Kim.
Fucking Broner weighed 148 the night of the fight the stupid ass isnt even a Lightweight much less a junior Lightweight. I hope his organs fail!
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

good headlining fight on friday night fights tomorrow. i'll be here if im drinking

maniacaldon
Methods for Attaining Extreme Altitudes

Post by maniacaldon »

2nded.. even though i cancelled thee cable
Chad wrote:good brother. I'll most def post on friday for friday night fights on espn.
mydick justgotamilliontimes BIGGER
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

US olympic boxing got robbed a bit ago. bad decision sends last American Errol Spence home. he clearly won the fucking fight. I'm not a big patriotic guy but it was CLEAR the judges fucked him.
Last edited by Chad on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.