The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by spacehamster »

Green Lantern fucking rules. I won't have any of this silliness here.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

hah, yeah it's worth $10. just get drunk and yell at the characters or do some MST3K-style mocking of it, should be fun.
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

I'm two trophies away from Platinuming Saints Row 3...only bad thing once you own all the areas you can't get the stat for taunting gangs to go up. Oh well I was planning on doing a new game to blow up the building.
PSN- BroMan43
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

send it to me when you're done and i'll send you something you haven't played yet from my vast collection
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

that's exactly right. someone from the internet can send it to me and i will play it but i think i'm at the point where i don't want to directly pay any money for the game as ridiculous as that is. i'm not even really sure where this resentment is coming from but it's actually massive.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Pisscubes wrote: The reason this game earns my resentment-- and the others have in a way too-- is because it wants so bad to be a movie.
i was let down because it's really BAD at trying to be a movie. i won't spoil anything, but the way the game combines the cut scenes + combat parts is just really clumsy and it undercuts the quality of the narrative itself, much, much more so than in uncharted 2. the gun parts/story are just too distinct and not dependent enough on one another to make the game flow well.

also, in one of the videos extras you can watch the developers basically admit they build the set pieces first then fill in the story around that, which is incredibly obvious by the time you get to the end of the game.

la noire and heavy rain, to use two recent examples that are both definitely not without their own big faults, do a way better job of being movie-like games and incorporating that quality into the gameplay itself. uncharted 3 not so much.
ratanda
How's them beans, ma?

Post by ratanda »

Just finished Portal 2. Very fun, but something occurred to me about the ending concerning Wheatley.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The vacuum that pulled them through to the moon wouldn't be strong enough to reach the moon's escape velocity. So they should just be sitting on the moon's surface rather than floating in space.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

BroMan wrote:I'm two trophies away from Platinuming Saints Row 3...only bad thing once you own all the areas you can't get the stat for taunting gangs to go up. Oh well I was planning on doing a new game to blow up the building.
apparently there are still occasionally rival gang members walking around, especially near your strongholds...

you could, if you find some, lure them to a store or crib you own and then bring more in by destroying their vehicles - try to keep the gang members alive, though - and then, when you think you've got enough of them there, duck into your store/crib to remove your notoriety... then, when you go back outside, they'll no longer be hostile but they also won't be able to hop in their cars and drive off 'cause you destroyed them

me, I made sure I did this challenge as early as possible... it was a bit of a frustrating thing to grind out, but now I don't have to worry about it becoming unobtainable...

what are the two trophies you're missing? obviously, the one for completing all challenges... and the one for blowing up Loren's tower at the end of Act 1? if you start a new game for those trophies, you'll have to plow hours and hours into it to complete all 41 challenges all over again

following on from my earlier post, I finished the hard Heli Assault on Carver Island (against the Deckers), still need to do the one in the Downtown area though... and not looking forward to trying again... fucking Pierce, his cover is in a goddamn helicopter, so what does he do? drive under the rail tracks and through fucking tunnels as much as goddamn possible, so it's impossible to shoot any of the cars chasing him... I got to the final stop on one attempt, but that's in the road between the twin towers, which has got a series of arches covering it up and making it pretty goddamn difficult to find a prime spot for parking the 'copter to shoot shit

other than that, I just have three Snatch missions to do, then it'll be plain sailing to 1000Gs... assuming the storyline doesn't throw up any missions I can't do (I never could do the very last mission in Saints Row 2, the part where you had to fly a helicopter and take out a bunch of power generators on the outside of Ultor's tower was beyond me)
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

The Bill wrote:Being stripped naked, drugged, and possibly raped wasn't :x
I'm playing this mission now (yeah, I've been focusing on all the side stuff first...) :awesome:

Zimos is an awesome character... after I'm done with this mission, I think I might well do all his Trafficking side-missions again just to laugh at his dialog
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Broken Into Pieces wrote:still need to do the Heli Assault in the Downtown area though...
nailed it 8)
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

how long did it take you?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

oh shit i'll make a list
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:
BroMan wrote:I'm two trophies away from Platinuming Saints Row 3...only bad thing once you own all the areas you can't get the stat for taunting gangs to go up. Oh well I was planning on doing a new game to blow up the building.
apparently there are still occasionally rival gang members walking around, especially near your strongholds...

you could, if you find some, lure them to a store or crib you own and then bring more in by destroying their vehicles - try to keep the gang members alive, though - and then, when you think you've got enough of them there, duck into your store/crib to remove your notoriety... then, when you go back outside, they'll no longer be hostile but they also won't be able to hop in their cars and drive off 'cause you destroyed them

me, I made sure I did this challenge as early as possible... it was a bit of a frustrating thing to grind out, but now I don't have to worry about it becoming unobtainable...

what are the two trophies you're missing? obviously, the one for completing all challenges... and the one for blowing up Loren's tower at the end of Act 1? if you start a new game for those trophies, you'll have to plow hours and hours into it to complete all 41 challenges all over again

following on from my earlier post, I finished the hard Heli Assault on Carver Island (against the Deckers), still need to do the one in the Downtown area though... and not looking forward to trying again... fucking Pierce, his cover is in a goddamn helicopter, so what does he do? drive under the rail tracks and through fucking tunnels as much as goddamn possible, so it's impossible to shoot any of the cars chasing him... I got to the final stop on one attempt, but that's in the road between the twin towers, which has got a series of arches covering it up and making it pretty goddamn difficult to find a prime spot for parking the 'copter to shoot shit

other than that, I just have three Snatch missions to do, then it'll be plain sailing to 1000Gs... assuming the storyline doesn't throw up any missions I can't do (I never could do the very last mission in Saints Row 2, the part where you had to fly a helicopter and take out a bunch of power generators on the outside of Ultor's tower was beyond me)
I've tried doing that, the bastard is stuck on 10, but the trophy popped for it which is weird. I think I just need, "You're my hero," and the one for blowing up the tower. Everything else I have finished, now I'm just waiting on the dlc since I bought the season pass. I actually cheated with the Downtown activities, I made Stag take over the territory for me. Haha
PSN- BroMan43
disco-dance axis
carbomb street team

Post by disco-dance axis »

Just started Deadly Premonition, the best worst game ever, some may say. My eyes are literally hurting from the clunky, totally off-set controls...
:confused:
Krieg wrote: It is more or less the same issue with painkillers, an American gets a tooth removed and spends the next 10 days daydreaming under Valium or Xanax. A German gets a leg amputated and gets Ibuprofen (and only the 500mg version).
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

BroMan wrote:I actually cheated with the Downtown activities, I made Stag take over the territory for me. Haha
I am disappointed in you, sir... :P

I now control 100% of Steelport, am at Level 50, and have bought all the upgrades from the upgrade shop (i.e. I have infinite ammo for all weapons, and don't take damage from anything other than melee attacks. Just need to do one more Survival, blow up another 15 Emus, and finish the last 2 Assassination Contracts (which I haven't unlocked yet). Oh, and finish the story - I'm still just at the point where STAG show up.
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote:
Krieg wrote:
spacehamster wrote: It would be really funny if the savegames were somehow not compatible because I have the Singaporean version of ME2, too. Why do I have this version? Because BiowEAre refused to make a version with the original sound files for the German-speaking market.
You still bitching about this? I told you already like 10 times, AMAZON UK, you get your bames in 2 or 3 days and they are much cheaper anyway than the German version.
Okay, and now explain how this is relevant to the fact that my savegames are from the Singaporean version, and I don't know if they'll be compatible with whatever version of ME3 I'm getting - most likely from Amazon UK? Because, you know, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not sure what it is you're talking about.
I am talking about WHY THE FUCK DO SOMEONE IN EUROPE BUY THE SINGAPOREAN VERSION OF A GAME WHEN YOU ARE ONE CLICK AWAY FROM GETTING THE FUCKING EUROPEAN ENGLISH VERSION FROM ANY OF THE GAZILLION ONLINE SHOPS IN THE UK?

I know you have a GOOD reason, it was just a rhetoric question.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

if there was a show where krieg and spacehamster had to travel across the USA starting off with only what they could lash to a tandem bike, i would watch that show religiously.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Finished Saints Row 3 with the "happy ending". I plan on re-beating it with the "bad ending". Did a sex change into a chick to do the second ending just because the decision is a wicked bitch move, and my dude was way too awesome to do that. I really liked the characters in this game. They had a nice rapport with each other and actually thought they were funny and charismatic. I had no idea a sand box game could have likable characters, Rockstar.

Any how, I guess back to Blood 2. Then, I'll do that Star Wars game, as long as Bats and Skyriim don't get proper patches.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

The Bill wrote:Finished Saints Row 3 with the "happy ending". I plan on re-beating it with the "bad ending". Did a sex change into a chick to do the second ending just because the decision is a wicked bitch move, and my dude was way too awesome to do that. I really liked the characters in this game. They had a nice rapport with each other and actually thought they were funny and charismatic. I had no idea a sand box game could have likable characters, Rockstar.

Any how, I guess back to Blood 2. Then, I'll do that Star Wars game, as long as Bats and Skyriim don't get proper patches.
Which ending do you consider the 'happy ending'?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
presumably the one where you let Killbane flee and save Shaundi, Viola and Burt Reynolds?

that's the ending I went for first, the Gangstas In Space mission sucks a giant cock though... nonetheless, I prefer this ending, but I suspect the other ending where you kill Killbane and Cyrus and let your homies die is going to become the canon ending
I agree, most of the characters kick ass, lots of people bitched about it but
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm kinda glad they killed off Johnny Gat early on in this game... I was never a big fan of that character
Hope they come out with some DLC for this one quickly, 'cause I already got 1000Gs out of it... I want some new missions or something to give me reason to keep playing... could just play through the story again I guess, but there's a few bits (mostly side quests and earning the upgrades) that I can't be arsed with repeating... needs to be an option to replay any mission in the game once you finish it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Also, for some reason, Loren's tower never became a crib for me like it was apparently supposed to even though I left it standing at the end of Act 1 :(
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Help me choose which game to play next. I'm leaning towards Oblivion, because once I'm done with that I can pick up Skyrim... but this coming weekend my girlfriend's coming to visit for a week, and then I'm going back to Korea (and employment) one week after she leaves, so I'm not sure I want to start on a huge game at the moment...

The choices:

Dead Island
Dead Space 2
Dynasty Warriors 6
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
L.A. Noire
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

On the clapperboard at the end of Gangstas in Space... Happy Ending is written on it.
disco-dance axis
carbomb street team

Post by disco-dance axis »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:Help me choose which game to play next. I'm leaning towards Oblivion, because once I'm done with that I can pick up World of Warcraft... but this coming weekend my girlfriend's coming to visit for a week, and then I'm going back to Korea (and employment) one week after she leaves, so I'm not sure I want to start on a huge game at the moment...

The choices:

Dead Island
Dead Space 2
Dynasty Warriors 6
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
L.A. Noire
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
You may want to traumatize yourself with Dead Space 2 first, then recover with the rather slowly-paced LA Noire.
Krieg wrote: It is more or less the same issue with painkillers, an American gets a tooth removed and spends the next 10 days daydreaming under Valium or Xanax. A German gets a leg amputated and gets Ibuprofen (and only the 500mg version).
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

I decided to go with Dynasty Warriors 6, on the basis that I've played other DW games so I know the storyline well enough that it doesn't matter if I have to stop playing for a while before I finish the game.

One of the first things I do any time I start playing a new game is to check the achievements. Every single achievement in this game is 'Secret' :shock:
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Wow... I loved the Dynasty Warriors games when I played them on PS2, but this one... kinda sucks hard. They took all the fun out and just made it dumb and confusing.
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Rainbow Six Patriots target gameplay footage :what: