The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Necrometer »

good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

so what's the consensus on the new dashboard?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
it actually looks a bit like the original xbox live one from the first xbox
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:I really enjoyed it. The city can get rough at times especially as you progress. Tons of zombies coming at you as you're walking down the street. It really adds to the overall tension but I was ready to move on to the next area a little bit before the game let me.
I did like the difficulty spike in the city. The beach area was good seeing a contrast between a lush paradise and zombies running around. It only took me a few hours and the tension in that area was gone. The city....I tread lightly there, especially after getting overwhelmed a few times. Fighting humans in the game blows though and I really wish they would have left guns out of it.

Apparently EA banned a user from his Origin account because another poster quoted his post and replied with offensive language. He can't even play Bad Company 2 on Steam anymore. They make Activision look like soup kitchen volunteers.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Had sort of an opportunity to play some games last night. I had both kids in the basement with me so I kind of had to put something on to assume them as well. Blood 2 was not going to cut it, I knew this right away. The boy wanted something with numbers and things falling down... so I restarted Bulletstorm. First off, since I tweaked the 360's HDTV options this game suddenly looks really fucking good. Unfortunately, I restarted from the beginning so no whip and no slow-mo and no numbers flying out of people. He became bored rather quick when I couldn't deliver constant kicks to doors and such. Then I tried MW3, since I thought it would deliver a pretty steady stream of chaos. Again, because of the tweaks, the game looks a lot better than COD:BLOPS, so I don't see the problem with the graphics many other's have. Boy oh boy, is it ever smooth. Sadly, it's the same old shit as the other three games, and sadier the boy didn't dig it and it made the girl cry :x Finally, I threw on Super Mario Galaxy since I had just brought the Wii out of my bedroom since I never ever played it. :vuvu: :beer: Success! :beer: :vuvu: Okay, cool, the Wii games are a good compromise if the kids are around and I get to play a game. This also means I can no longer ignore the Wii and those games are now queued into games I need to beat. I have truly become the Scrooge McDuck of unplayed and unfinished games.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

uh okay
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Gaming and parenting is easy, unless you're playing Skyrim.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Masochrism wrote:uh okay
Goddamn straight it is.

The 360 dash board update finally makes the XBOX a little grown up looking. I've always felt it looked babyish compared to the PS3 and Wii. Though, in the end, it does nothing new for me, so who cares.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

shittiest parent/gamer in the universe when it's a revelation that the Wii is a good system to play with the kids...

:drool:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

Necrometer wrote:shittiest parent/gamer in the universe when it's a revelation that the Wii is a good system to play with the kids...

:tup:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Masochrism wrote:
Necrometer wrote:shittiest parent/gamer in the universe when it's a revelation that the Wii is a good system to play with the kids...

:tup:
They're too young to actually physically play anything. They just watch (well mostly the boy), and the boy likes chaos and clutter, instead of the cartoon ways of a typical Nintendo game. Mario Galaxy, on the other hand, hits the right chords between action and cute for both the boy and girl. In the past, family friendlier games have held his interest way less than some of the more mature games. Perhaps it's because of the CGI kids films, I don't know. But I'll tell you what, in a few years when they grow up to be crack smoking serial killers than want to live in India then I'll admit that I'm the worst ever at having children because I know them way better than you.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Songs of Love and Hate wrote:I really enjoyed it. The city can get rough at times especially as you progress. Tons of zombies coming at you as you're walking down the street. It really adds to the overall tension but I was ready to move on to the next area a little bit before the game let me.
I did like the difficulty spike in the city. The beach area was good seeing a contrast between a lush paradise and zombies running around. It only took me a few hours and the tension in that area was gone. The city....I tread lightly there, especially after getting overwhelmed a few times. Fighting humans in the game blows though and I really wish they would have left guns out of it.

Apparently EA banned a user from his Origin account because another poster quoted his post and replied with offensive language. He can't even play Bad Company 2 on Steam anymore. They make Activision look like soup kitchen volunteers.

I really liked the guns in Dead Island. I just wish they'd been a little more scarce. They made a big deal over how hard it was going to be to find a gun and ammo for it but it wasn't. I was always fully stocked with ammo for the assault rifle.

For me though the game was really underrated, I think it's one of the best to come out this year.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:I really liked the guns in Dead Island. I just wish they'd been a little more scarce. They made a big deal over how hard it was going to be to find a gun and ammo for it but it wasn't. I was always fully stocked with ammo for the assault rifle.

For me though the game was really underrated, I think it's one of the best to come out this year.
The guns are definitely smoother than I thought they'd be. I do agree it's pretty underrated. But, being not being a big name studio backed by a giant publisher instantly means it won't get the accolades the lazy "AAA" games routinely get. For example, I looked at the G4 list of Best of 2011 nominees (I don't even know why) and it's a crime The Witcher 2 wasn't nominated in the writing department.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Dead Islands guns and weapons were the least of the problems, aside from how rapidly stupidlyhard things would get damaged, but the characters in that were just UTTERLY retareded. Which isn't so bad if the intention is to sell that kinda character, but from that trailer they released with the little girl dead and going all "Ireversable" from worst to happy times again, had you expecting a lot more than generic black rapper, generic US jock thug, no undies asian with martial arts background and the most ridiculous one, the aboriginal aussie woman detective.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

guardianoftheblind wrote:so what's the consensus on the new dashboard?
Neutral for me dawg. (in Dead Island rapper voice) or, "Fuck me roman guardo, she's not all that bonza an update mate" in Aboriginal dead island voice
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Cleaned out a bunch of redundant PC games I had on CD since I now either own them via Steam/GOG or XBL. Man, I really wish they would do a HD version of Undying and the No One Lives Forever games. I also opened up a non-working Wii remote I hadn't touched in years to find the inside completely corroded.

Collected a bunch of games to sell back and decided RAGE needs to be amongst them. I liked it fine, but really never want to play it again.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I am halfway through Uncharted 3 and I must say I fucking hate how slow the aiming is. Uncharted controls were slightly clunky in the past, but come on.

I have zero problems with all those "movie wannabe" complaints though.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Krieg wrote:I am halfway through Uncharted 3 and I must say I fucking hate how slow the aiming is. Uncharted controls were slightly clunky in the past, but come on.

I have zero problems with all those "movie wannabe" complaints though.
I had already beaten it before it came out, but the newest patch for the game offers an option to make the gun play more like Uncharted 2, or so I saw online.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

has anyone played the 360 MGS collection? i want to get it really bad because i found a mysterious ( :confused: ) B&N $25 gift card and they have it on their website, but i kind of want to wait until after xmas just in case i would have gotten it or more gift cards.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

doomeddisciple wrote:had you expecting a lot more than generic black rapper
Dude, Sam B was awesome. Who do you voodoo bitch!
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

guardianoftheblind wrote:has anyone played the 360 MGS collection? i want to get it really bad because i found a mysterious ( :confused: ) B&N $25 gift card and they have it on their website, but i kind of want to wait until after xmas just in case i would have gotten it or more gift cards.
i got it for ps3 and it's pretty great. love it.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Euro version of the MGS HD collection isn't coming out until February for some reason. Fine by me, though, I have zero time for bames right now.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

obviously creating new regulations/requirements for games is dumb, but from a conceptual standpoint, a military shooter with some actual politics, or one that tries to be analogous to actual war in any way except the number of people you kill and the environments, would be cool as shit if done well.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
My hype meter is dead. :confused: