The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

Minor Mass Effect 3 spoiler, not about the main plot, from the leaked script that's too good to not share...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
especially when you learn that EDI starts a relationship with Joker with her new robot body self. Ugh. And that the Illusive Man made the robot body in the image of his dead girlfriend, and it's anatomically correct. Just, ugh.
:lol: :what: :lol:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

don't be embarrassed

AVGN haters :wank:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i guess i'll go ahead and confess he's kind of a guilty pleasure too because i hate him but then some of the games i played and i remember, the episodes are really funny when you remember how fucking retardedly hard they were//
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

yeah... avgn is a guilty pleasure. his board james series is fun as well, if you're familiar with any of the games.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

most annoying aspect to the show has to be the fucking theme song as sung by that warbly, toneless faggot friend of his that he got to write it.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

he should get the ad wizards behind the food reviewer masterpiece.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

when he bears down and just talks about games is my favorite. his 4 part castlevania retrospective is exquisite
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

yeah i was going to point of how legit that was. it was, in fact, a triumph of sorts..
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Keith Apicary > AVGN
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/155408633709072385

:moreawesome:

47,600 signatures in two days (resulting in probably nothing at all, :lol:).
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

$90 PS3 move bundle w/ killzone 3 and resistance 3...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Comput ... cp=1&lp=10
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Got BF3 for X-mas... I miss the days of NHL 95... I have no idea what the fuck is going on...
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Wolfey »

Wang Mandu wrote:http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/155408633709072385

:moreawesome:

47,600 signatures in two days (resulting in probably nothing at all, :lol:).
So why ISN'T it on PC?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

They probably thought there's no demand for it and maybe the budget didn't allow for a port? Japanese developers, other than Capcom, aren't great at putting out PC versions (although fucking Ninja Blade by From Software got a PC port :? ). If the Dark Souls port doesn't happen, I hope they at least consider a version for the third Souls game. It's not like this is such a huge title they can say, "Nah, we don't need any more money."
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Silent Hill HD collection delayed until March. No reason given.

First: :ax:

Then: :? Because, hopefully this doesn't mean it really sucks/shitty "HD" adaptation and they're scrambling to make it better.
Well, I'm getting this just because I no longer have a PS2 and the original XBOX is stored away in the attic. I'm sure worse case scenario it looks as good as the Resident Evil 4 port, which is fair. More troubling is screen shots I've seen for the first three Devil May Cry HD ports. Oof!!!

It's a piss poor showing, though. After the Serious Sam, Halo, and Metal Gear HD ports, all these other "high res" ports are pretty much bullshit for the price.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

one of the few games i've looked forward to in a long time. of course it'll be good.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote: I don't know, I just wonder why it's pushed back to March with no explanation. That's kind of a red flag.

Think they'll ever make an HD version of ps2's The Thing? :|
Well, the push back could be for a number of reasons. When does that Silent Hill Down Pour come out? That might be the reason, right there.

As for the Thing. I'd bet large money against that ever happening. Best bet is it gets a straight port via XBLA, or PSN. Maybe Steam or GOG sells it.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote: I don't know, I just wonder why it's pushed back to March with no explanation. That's kind of a red flag.

Well, the push back could be for a number of reasons. When does that Silent Hill Down Pour come out? That might be the reason, right there.

As for the Thing. I'd bet large money against that ever happening. Best bet is it gets a straight port via XBLA, or PSN. Maybe Steam or GOG sells it.
Yeah, I didn't actually think they'd re-do it. But oddly enough, that game was a console-seller for me. I wanted to play any The Thing game so bad, I bought a PS2. I still have it somewhere, but again, PS2 looks like dog shit on an HD TV.
You should see how Wii virtual games from the NES-SNES era look like on my large HDTV, complete shit show. I'm glad I have this fancy dancy Razor 360/PC/MAC controller I got during the summer. The chord is so damn long I can play from my couch and/or bed if I feel the need to play any of them old console games again. I've been having a hankering for the SNES Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for sometime now.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I still don't notice that I'm looking at an HDTV or watching a blu-ray until someone points it out..
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:

Yeah, I didn't actually think they'd re-do it. But oddly enough, that game was a console-seller for me. I wanted to play any The Thing game so bad, I bought a PS2. I still have it somewhere, but again, PS2 looks like dog shit on an HD TV.
You should see how Wii virtual games from the NES-SNES era look like on my large HDTV, complete shit show. I'm glad I have this fancy dancy Razor 360/PC/MAC controller I got during the summer. The chord is so damn long I can play from my couch and/or bed if I feel the need to play any of them old console games again. I've been having a hankering for the SNES Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for sometime now.
Really? Unplayable bad?

I toyed with the idea of buying a used Wii just so I could have all the old NES games (er... the ones that they let you have anyway).
Everything is just so damn pixelated. It's not charming, it doesn't give me any great feeling of nostalgia. It's just ugly and boxy. The PC/MAC emulators can play them at full 1080p with a graphical filter that smoothes away all the AIDS. They might even offer full and proper widescreen support, but I'm not 100% on that one.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:Hmmm. So, since my mac can run an NES emulator I could hook that up to my TV and go buy a USB nintendo controler, is that what you're saying?
This is the way I'd play any emulator, if I had my choice. They're going to be more fully-featured and convenient to use on a PC* nine times out of ten. Any emulator worth shit allows you to map certain functions to any button on your USB controller; fast forward, rewind, save and load state, cheats on/off, etc - it completely changes your experience and really improves a lot of games. It can make shit that hasn't aged well much more palatable, and often times helps make stuff that wasn't even good to begin with totally playable and enjoyable.

If you did pick up a Wii, though, I could help you mod it so that you could put your own roms on it instead of needing to buy the virtual console stuff. Or retail games... or anything really.

I have a wireless USB controller that I used to use to emulate games pc-to-tv style, but I run everything off my Wii now because it's simply more convenient.

* or mac... whatever
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

xbox controller
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

guardianoftheblind wrote:diablo iii for consoles confirmed

https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/1 ... 2473098240
:mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:

(although it does just say "diablo console project" so that's a little bit concerning that they could just be making a diablo game for consoles)
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Most people appreciate the 360 controller a lot, but personally I fucking hate the D-Pad. I don't know if that's just me or what but it feels horribly inarticulate.

I use this
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

logitech cordless rumblepad 2

plug the lil transmitter into a USB port on yer computer, wander around doing whatever. Mine treats batteries very very well, too.