The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ok, i think everyone needs to calm down, forget nü-FF exists, and go play some FF4, FF6, FF7, FF9, or FF tactics
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

guardianoftheblind wrote:ok, i think everyone needs to calm down, forget nü-FF exists, and go play some FF4, FF6, FF7, FF9, or FF tactics
The Bill wrote:I can't stand turn based, peoples, I really cannot stand it at all.
:? :(
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

out
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

guardianoftheblind wrote:out

No way, turn based is like playing a Pokemon card game. Fucking like playing Uno. I need total control and real time, because I'm totally in control for real most of the time.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i haven't played a FF game since FF9 and i was blown away by how terrible the XIII-2 demo was. it's just ANNOYING to the extent that i don't see how anyone over the age of like 15 could stand to play through the whole thing and not hate themselves afterwards.

kingdoms of amalur demo wasn't bad. i thought the first part was pretty boring, but once i got into the bigger world and could get new moves and what not, i started to see the appeal of the combat. seems sorta unpolished overall and the camera can be screwy, but i'll hold out hope that it could be a used buy if reviews are decent.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
kingdoms of amalur demo wasn't bad. i thought the first part was pretty boring, but once i got into the bigger world and could get new moves and what not, i started to see the appeal of the combat. seems sorta unpolished overall and the camera can be screwy, but i'll hold out hope that it could be a used buy if reviews are decent.
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention I played about 5 minutes of this. I had no patience so I didn't give it a fair shake. Skipped the cutscenes, and didn't look for loot or anything, but I came away with two things:

1) Graphics were slightly cartoony, and reminded me of a combination of Fable and the original American McGee's Alice. If they can up the textures sharpness, and maybe anti-alliasing then it won't be bad.

2) Camera was awful. Either it's a frame rate issue, or sensitivity/smoothing/acceleration is a disaster. This should really be fixed and/or be able to be tweaked via options. As it stands the camera is THEE deal breaker for purchase. I will give the demo a better chance later though.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:I need total control and real time
You wouldn't like the combat in FFXIII3. The way I understood it (and like I said, I only half understood it), it does play out in real time, but what you do is assign a tactical preset to your party that determines how the characters will behave, which essentially means they'll cycle through a set of actions until you assign the next preset. It still feels sorta turn-based even though things actually play out in real time.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

at what point in the FF series did square decide to recreate the experience of having a light-induced seizure? FF7/8/9 had some of that stuff (compared to western RPGs i mean), but this is on an entirely different level. AND THE VOICES.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

JPop 12 years, Tolkien 11 years? It's been what it is now for longer than it ever had been what it was.

13 did look kinda whack. I haven't played every single one, but from what I can tell that's an exception... I didn't grow up with the franchise, only jumped in a couple of years ago. I think that people who have been with the series longer are more disgusted/prone to damning it than people who've become fans subsequently?

I dunno, I'm hardwired to appreciate 16bit stuff more than anything, but I get confused when people take 10 and 12 and go THIS IS WORTHLESS!!!
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i wasn't crazy about 10, but i totally don't hate it.

12 haters can go kill themselves
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I've been wondering lately if there's ever gonna be another Tactics game. If you'd asked me right after A2 came out I woulda said it's inevitable.. but for some reason now I just can't picture it, even with the vita and 3ds?? I dunno :(
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Another tactics game would be welcomed. And if nintendo was to put out some fire emblem/advance wars games on the 3ds I'd honestly start looking at getting one.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

by the end of that system's lifespan it will be an absolute joy to own

not fucktarded enough to buy one within the next year or two though
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I hated that Resident Evil 5 demo so much I never bothered with buying the game (everyone said it was crap anyhow), and the Wii/XBLA Resident Evil 4 controls are so archaic it basically ruins the game. That new Raccoon City game doesn't interest me. Beyond watching those terrible movies for free off the internet I'm so done with the series...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9 ... AAAAAAAAAA<

Damn it! I want :oops:
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

The Bill wrote:I hated that Resident Evil 5 demo so much I never bothered with buying the game (everyone said it was crap anyhow), and the Wii/XBLA Resident Evil 4 controls are so archaic it basically ruins the game. That new Raccoon City game doesn't interest me. Beyond watching those terrible movies for free off the internet I'm so done with the series...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9 ... AAAAAAAAAA<

Damn it! I want :oops:
Resident Evil 5 probably sucked for forever-alones. Me and my roomate sat down to it and finished it over a few days. We hit the bong every time we picked up a herb green. We felt like we had bronchitis by day 2. It was awesome.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

i didn't love RE5 but this one looks fucking sweet. officially stoked
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

I enjoyed 5. The overall vibe wasn't as great as in 4, but it's still a good game. will be getting 6 on release. about fucking time they brought zombies back into the series.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

5 was one of my favorite games for this console generation. Hopes ridin high.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

jesus christ you guys are wacko
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

please don't be like this
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

k
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

thx
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Survival horror has always been a copout for shitty controls and limited gameplay. Fuck survival horror as a supposed genre.
Comrade Slinky wrote:5 was one of my favorite games for this console generation. Hopes ridin high.
Game was rad. It's like people conveniently forgot 4 already dropped most of the bullshit from the first three games.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

what i like about the trailer is it seems like leon's parts are a little more spooky and dark and chris's are more action oriented. also, maybe i'm nuts, but i'm pretty sure i see some moving+shooting :shock: i sorta agree with wang about the survival horror genre, but i'm glad RE6 looks a little darker than RE5 (literally, like not taking place in the day all the time).
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

5's level design and bosses were both seriously rad. the controls were a fucking morose experience though
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES