The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by kickpuncher »

retracted for dangerous amounts of post-not-making-sense-ness after other edit :vuvu:
Last edited by kickpuncher on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

hahah... nah, don't worry. that's not really a spoiler. i mean you now know you'll play as another character for part of the game, but that doesn't really reveal anything about the story. and it's not at the very end or anything, you play someone else for a decent chunk of the game.
Last edited by Spooky Apparition on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

ImageImage
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Oh another thing that bugged me about that game- the driving was stupid and boring. Theres that ONE time that they have you shaking tails by driving through alleys and yards, and it was so much fun and they only do it ONCE.

Most of the time I just had my partner drive because I found it impossible to not rack up thousands of dollars in damage.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I'm not sure why but I enjoyed safely driving around the city as a responsible member of society.
blastocystosis
O.G. Interwebber

Post by blastocystosis »

El Shaddai is visually insane, story makes no sense and the gameplay is awesome.

What a weird game but it's worth the pick up since it's under 20 now.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

Comrade Slinky wrote:I'm not sure why but I enjoyed safely driving around the city as a responsible member of society.
I always used to do this from time-to-time in every GTA game... see how long I could last without committing a crime.

Stoked for RE6, and to address something Wang Mandu commented on - I liked the static camera angles on RE 1 through 3, much more than the over-the-shoulder camera from 4 and 5; I always kinda considered it a CCTV camera style thing. Some of the individual camera placements were shitty though.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Wait, so the game ends with Cole..
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
...drowning?!? That's hilarious. I stopped playing that piece of shit when you find out all the suspects you put in jail were innocent. "Oh, that guy burning evidence? He's innocent. That guy who ran away as soon as he saw you? Innocent! That woman fidgeting and can't keep her story straight? Innocent!" Not only that but you get promoted for arresting the wrong people! :?
I don't think we'll ever see another LA Noire game because of the technological costs and Team Bondi went tits up right after the game's release. You know it's bad when Rockstar came out and said they'll never work with a studio again.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

I really fucking hate picking locks in Oblivion... so fucking much
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

canon.docre wrote:
The Bill wrote:I hated that Resident Evil 5 demo so much I never bothered with buying the game (everyone said it was crap anyhow), and the Wii/XBLA Resident Evil 4 controls are so archaic it basically ruins the game. That new Raccoon City game doesn't interest me. Beyond watching those terrible movies for free off the internet I'm so done with the series...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9 ... AAAAAAAAAA<

Damn it! I want :oops:
Resident Evil 5 probably sucked for forever-alones. Me and my roomate sat down to it and finished it over a few days. We hit the bong every time we picked up a herb green. We felt like we had bronchitis by day 2. It was awesome.

Hhahaha. That is funny.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:I really fucking hate picking locks in Oblivion... so fucking much
hahaha that's almost all I did for like 50 hours... just stealing and theft.... loved that so much
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

a couple of days ago I did the graverobber quest in the Imperial City... I burned through something like 30 lockpicks just to get into his house and find proof he was digging up stiffs to rob them
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Pisscubes wrote:Syphon Filter
I remember playing the first game and liking it way back when it was released but those games have aged as bad as it gets. The taser being a better long range weapon than the m16 still rules though.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

starting scientists on fire while they calmly and politely protest always made me laugh
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

CoconutBackwards1 wrote:
canon.docre wrote:
The Bill wrote:I hated that Resident Evil 5 demo so much I never bothered with buying the game (everyone said it was crap anyhow), and the Wii/XBLA Resident Evil 4 controls are so archaic it basically ruins the game. That new Raccoon City game doesn't interest me. Beyond watching those terrible movies for free off the internet I'm so done with the series...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9 ... AAAAAAAAAA<

Damn it! I want :oops:
Resident Evil 5 probably sucked for forever-alones. Me and my roomate sat down to it and finished it over a few days. We hit the bong every time we picked up a herb green. We felt like we had bronchitis by day 2. It was awesome.

Hhahaha. That is funny.
I thought RE 5 was decent. Apparently 6 is suppose to be a survival horror campaign with Leon, and the RE5 gameplay with Chris. So help me if you can't move while shooting for christ's sake.

Does anyone else thing the 6 in the logo looks like a giraffe getting a blowjob?
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Only a little bit into the demo of Sir Lord Schillings Loser Adventure, but thus far it's fun. Kinda like Dragon's Age but with Golden Axe battle mechanics...
Yeah, I dug it once I played the demo for a second time. According to the developers, the demo is really rough and a lot of the glitches are already fixed for the retail release. The only thing that's really bugging me is the camera but there's a topic on their forums asking for feedback from fans. I'm still debating about getting it on release or waiting for a price reduction. It's nice playing a colorful game for once.

I think a lot of athletes are huge video game junkies, lots of downtime on the road. It's pretty cool Schilling started all this and he hired some really big names to work on the game. Better than a lot of athletes who end up broke once their playing days are over.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Wikipedia also says RI gave his studio a $75 million loan in order to relocate and create jobs there. Sounds like MA should have ponied up a bit of cash. :betternotstartanyshit:
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Since I just picked up another ps3 and 3d the other day I picked up a bunch of 3d stuff to check out. Uncharted 3 is pretty cool looking. Though in some spots the 3d gets a bit wonky looking.
Killzone 3 is one I probably shouldn't have bothered with. Looks awesome in 3d, but it controls like a bunch of ass just like the first two. Motorstorm apocalypse is fun from what little bit I've played. Even though most, if not all, games take a hit to resolution in 3d, motorstorm feels like a different game in 3d. Probably the reason they bundled it with the tv. Ico/SotC are just as awesome as they always have been. Both look excellent in 3d. The scale of everything in SotC looks amazing. I also got some game called auditorium hd from psn. It's garbage. Wasted $10 on that shit. Then I bought wipeout hd and super star dust again because apparently I have no clue what the login for my old psn account is. Oh well I guess...getting ready to play wipeout right now. It was definitely one of my favorite ps3 games before my ps3 disappeared.

If anyone wants to add me my psn name is SigilBaphomet .
i like to dissect women
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

finally got around to watching that RE6 trailer

if they really split up the game into old-school-with-updated-controls survival horror and new school gears style action, could be decent. more excited for the former, though. looks awesome either way

added to radar
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Okay, that Assbone's Wrath demo... yeah, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SHIT! Let's try to cover up over the top horrible gameplay with over the top Dragon Ball Z type horse shit. QTE galore blended with piss poor SHUMP controls wrapped up into a beat 'em up. Fuck off! Also, I refuse to play as a dude with more than two arms.

Played an obscen amount of Skyriim, and pretty much didn't do anything of real note, which is what is so brilliant and disturbing about the game.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Comrade Slinky wrote:I'm not sure why but I enjoyed safely driving around the city as a responsible member of society.
i guess i kind of wasn't clear with my complaint. the driving mechanics were fine and i'm okay with driving responsibly but your siren does NOTHING and you're either spending multiple minutes at stoplights or you're banging into other cars and causing damage. if they got out of your way when you hit the siren like GTA GAMES DID 10 YEARS AGO it wouldn't be an issue
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Also, I refuse to play as a dude with more than two arms.
There's QTE at the end there just before you make the planet-sized guy explode by punching his fingertip where you mash a button and most of your arms fall off.

I mean, in case you didn't make it that far. Which I hope you haven't. Because I really don't know why I did, and I wish I hadn't.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

copstache wrote:
i guess i kind of wasn't clear with my complaint. the driving mechanics were fine and i'm okay with driving responsibly but your siren does NOTHING and you're either spending multiple minutes at stoplights or you're banging into other cars and causing damage. if they got out of your way when you hit the siren like GTA GAMES DID 10 YEARS AGO it wouldn't be an issue
Cool... so is the game set in K-Town?

One of the worst things about living in Korea, seeing ambulances with sirens blazing getting stuck in traffic because nobody pulls over to let them through... FUCK THE LIFE OF WHOEVER YOU'RE OUT TO SAVE, I GOTTA GET TO THE STORE NOW
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

dominichorton wrote:replaying Final Fantasy 7
:ylt:
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I've been playing FF7 very slowly over the past two years. Good game, but I wish I had played it when it came out or soon afterwards. I love JRPGs from that era, and the system holds up very well. I've had a difficult time with the story and the dialogue, though. It feels like a very transitional thing to me, like it's stuck between the solid-ness of what came right before it and the more refined ideas of every game it eventually came to influence.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?