The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by valgalder »

got a wii finally...New Super Mario Bros is totally awesome... also just bought the new Rayman - also really amazing.. after I beat both of those i'm going to get the new Donkey Kong Country Returns .. I love oldschool platformers.. especially if they're done so well as these ones.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:Also, I refuse to play as a dude with more than two arms.
There's QTE at the end there just before you make the planet-sized guy explode by punching his fingertip where you mash a button and most of your arms fall off.

I mean, in case you didn't make it that far. Which I hope you haven't. Because I really don't know why I did, and I wish I hadn't.
Not only did I do all that, I went a step further into awful and played the second chapter where you fight the dude on the moon. At least with the big guy you had time to do a QTE, here it happens in a split second. Man, that was tedious, boring, and left a bad taste in my mouth towards all things Japanese. The music in that level was good, though.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

valgalder wrote:got a wii finally...New Super Mario Bros is totally awesome... also just bought the new Rayman - also really amazing.. after I beat both of those i'm going to get the new Donkey Kong Country Returns .. I love oldschool platformers.. especially if they're done so well as these ones.
I haven't played it, but I've heard good things about both Kirby games. Super paper Mario is quality too if you liked the earlier ones.
i like to dissect women
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I had been looking forward to donkey kong too but once those motion control moves started getting me killed I was glad it was only a rental.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Darkness 2 demo is really fucking gory and awesome. Might have to get that on release day.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

abdominalpillaging wrote:
valgalder wrote:got a wii finally...New Super Mario Bros is totally awesome... also just bought the new Rayman - also really amazing.. after I beat both of those i'm going to get the new Donkey Kong Country Returns .. I love oldschool platformers.. especially if they're done so well as these ones.
I haven't played it, but I've heard good things about both Kirby games. Super paper Mario is quality too if you liked the earlier ones.
I played the first level of the last Kirby game (not the Yarn one) and it was delightful in a simple, very simple way.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Kirby's Epic Yarn is interesting to see, but it's definitely a kid's game. There's very little challenge in it; you will beat the level, the only question is how good your score will be. The design is genuinely remarkable, though. Some really cool ideas. The more recent Kirby game is pretty awesome, more playable and much more straightforward. Platforming and action games have moved well beyond it, and for good reasons, but it's still pretty fun and they did some great shit with the mega-powers.

Motion controls in DKCR got to me after a while, as well. Had to put it down for a while, still haven't beaten it. I will say that it gets VERY challenging, like even to beat the levels at all, let alone get all the extras.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

I am so far into Kirby's EY and DKCR but I haven't beaten either of them. I'm way on board with the level design of both games too. The Tidal Terror level of DKCR was something I'd never seen in a game before. And yes getting all of the extras in that game is just maddening.
No Cunting Elves
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

P.S. having to move and shake around the Wii controls completely ruined New Super Mario Bros. Wii for me, I could not stand that shit. Kirby, on the over hand barley has any of that crap, and when it does, it's quick and simple. Good on you, Kirby, you fucking milky licker.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

The Bill wrote:over hand barley
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Friendly Goatus wrote:
The Bill wrote:over hand barley
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

:oops: :moreawesome:

Way to point out my subliminal viral messages, you bastard. Now, I have to construct a grand new scheme.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

The Bill wrote:P.S. having to move and shake around the Wii controls completely ruined New Super Mario Bros. Wii for me, I could not stand that shit. Kirby, on the over hand barley has any of that crap, and when it does, it's quick and simple. Good on you, Kirby, you fucking milky licker.
not a fan of this either.. but it's still pretty minimal in its use. Only shake the remote for flying suit, or picking up stuff. I don't like it, but it rarely gets too annoying - so I suspect the same will be with the new Donkey Kong Country. I played Rayman just briefly to check it out and Ubisoft was smart and allows you to play with a classic controller.. for god sakes.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

valgalder wrote:
The Bill wrote:P.S. having to move and shake around the Wii controls completely ruined New Super Mario Bros. Wii for me, I could not stand that shit. Kirby, on the over hand barley has any of that crap, and when it does, it's quick and simple. Good on you, Kirby, you fucking milky licker.
not a fan of this either.. but it's still pretty minimal in its use. Only shake the remote for flying suit, or picking up stuff. I don't like it, but it rarely gets too annoying - so I suspect the same will be with the new Donkey Kong Country. I played Rayman just briefly to check it out and Ubisoft was smart and allows you to play with a classic controller.. for god sakes.
I've been hearing good things about that Rayman game. It's also for the 360 and PS3, so it makes sense there won't be motion controls.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

The Bill wrote:
valgalder wrote:
I've been hearing good things about that Rayman game. It's also for the 360 and PS3, so it makes sense there won't be motion controls.
and it's a no-brainer for $20 if you dig platformers (and if you don't, what's wrong with you?)
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Neo Geo Pocket Returns!

Following its first failed attempt with Neo Geo Pocket, SNK is lending its name to a new portable gaming device.

Famicom Plaza has a look at at the new device, which carries official licensing from SNK Playmore. The device, currently going by the placeholder name of "Neo Geo Portable Device," has 4.3 inch screen, two gigabytes of internal storage, and ships with 20 Neo Geo classics built in:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
1.WORLD HEROES
2.ULTIMETE 11
3.TOP PLAYER'S GOLF
4.SENGOKU
5.NAM-1975
6.MUTATION NATION
7.LAST RESORT
8.KING OF MONSTERS
9.FRENZY
10.CYBER LIP
11.FATAL FURY SPECIAL
12.ART OF FIGHTING
13.SUPER SIDEKICKS
14.LEAGUE BOWLING
15.METAL SLUG
16.MAGICAL LORD
17.BASEBALL STARS PROFESSIONAL
18.SAMURAI SHODOWN
19.KING OF FIGHTERS '94
20.FATAL FURY

The games are all the North American versions with English.

According to the Famicom Plaza report, the device is 170x72x15mm and is a bit larger than an iPhone-like smartphone. It has a 2200mAh battery.

Controls on the device include four face buttons, a d-pad, four shoulder buttons, a menu button, a start button, and buttons for volume and brightness. Ports include headphones, AV and an SD.

No details yet on pricing or release date. Famicom Plaza's report does not list the maker.
more pics and link:

http://andriasang.com/comzr4/neo_geo_pocket_2/

I'm wondering if the storage is intended for more games or if it's just a space to dump mp3s on or something. It would be interesting if the company sold you a hardware device with a built-in emulator, a few of their own games, and then basically encouraged you to download roms of the rest..?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

fucking hell
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

hahahahahahah
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

so you couldn't trade games with people either? such bullshit... i can't believe that'll ever happen. i mean that's sort of what it's like on PC, but their games are also cheaper and there are awesome deals on PC games all the time. that is definitely not the situation with MS and their $40 downloads for games that came out three years ago :wank:
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

with services like steam I also have permanent fucking ownership of a game... 23 computers ago I had half-life 2 episode 1 and I never beat it, but I could just download it now because it isn't run by RAPIST SPACE WASPS AND IM NOT A RETARD WHO SPENT AN ENTIRE DECADE TEACHING THEM THAT THEY CAN SELL ME BROKEN HARDWARE FOR $400 AND ILL JUST BUY IT NEXT CHRISTMAS ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE I'M A NOT A CHUMP
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

hey can anyone recommend any fun, free turn-based online web games. multiplayer preferred. anyone play travian? something like that, but maybe less intensive?

also, any muds to recommend? i'm bored and this computer fucking suuuuuuuuucks.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

james wrote:with services like steam I also have permanent fucking ownership of a game... 23 computers ago I had half-life 2 episode 1 and I never beat it, but I could just download it now because it isn't run by RAPIST SPACE WASPS AND IM NOT A RETARD WHO SPENT AN ENTIRE DECADE TEACHING THEM THAT THEY CAN SELL ME BROKEN HARDWARE FOR $400 AND ILL JUST BUY IT NEXT CHRISTMAS ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE I'M A NOT A CHUMP
:rhug: :lhug:

new job = this nigga's buying hisself a new gaming computer
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
HD version of this game needs to happen if all these other ones are getting a refresh.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:
james wrote:with services like steam I also have permanent fucking ownership of a game... 23 computers ago I had half-life 2 episode 1 and I never beat it, but I could just download it now because it isn't run by RAPIST SPACE WASPS AND IM NOT A RETARD WHO SPENT AN ENTIRE DECADE TEACHING THEM THAT THEY CAN SELL ME BROKEN HARDWARE FOR $400 AND ILL JUST BUY IT NEXT CHRISTMAS ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE I'M A NOT A CHUMP
:rhug: :lhug:

new job = this nigga's buying hisself a new gaming computer
:lhug:

I applaud MS's effort but it's a really fucking stupid move. So they're basically killing off any and all rental services, too? If Sony had any balls, they'd release a statement that's the exact opposite of what MS said. It'd also be pretty funny for Gamestop to say, "Hey, we're not stocking your next console."
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele