The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Masochrism »

Cryptoplasty wrote:I am the only one here who has zero interest in the Mass Effect franchise, but whatever....
im with you here
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:You know, having a demonic tendril monster with Mammoth tusk teeth rip some one's heart out via the rectum maybe crossing a line some how.
You've changed, man.
But I have. Sad, too. You know I haven't watched a single horror film for months and months now, yet I've watched every episode of this season's Bachelor with my wife. On the flip side, while I may be more of a pussy, I'm certainly getting more pussy.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Cryptoplasty wrote:Xenoblade is one of the few JRPGs I've had any interest in in the last few years. The game actually looks really good, and I may need to dust off the Wii.
It's worth it. It has a lot of the post-Monsterhunter harvesting/crafting elements that seem to drive some Western gamers crazy, but it's not cumbersome at all. I'd imagine you could play through the entire game without paying any attention to it. Other than that, it doesn't play like a nu-jrpg at all. English localization is absolutely commendable, and the battle system has a really cool mechanic involving realtime precognition.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
ibn Horowitz
Electric Lucifer

Post by ibn Horowitz »

Masochrism wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:I am the only one here who has zero interest in the Mass Effect franchise, but whatever....
im with you here
:tup:
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

shitty ass Mass Effect 3 demo

Pre-order canceled
Dog kicked
PC unplugged
Police called
Eddard Stark beheaded
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Masochrism wrote:
im with you here
+1
I got half way through me1 and just stopped caring. It felt no more exciting than any generic fantasy rpg to me, and the npc's were just terrible. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't have cared less about the characters and the story.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Pisscubes wrote:
What do y'all hate about it, just out of curiosity?
It's not that I hate it, I just have no interest in it. I played some of the first one and it didn't hold my attention at all. I know the second one is supposed to be better but the whole setting and gameplay system does not interest me.

This is just me persoanlly, but I won't even give games the time of day if I don't like the licence. Like I won't ever play the new Batman games because I have no interest in Batman. There is a new South Park RPG coming out thats supposed to be really good, but.....it's fucking South Park. No.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Always liked the ME series a lot, and I'll always look into anything Bioware is involved with. The Horror of Dragon Age 2 being the one (major) glitch so far.
Cryptoplasty wrote:
This is just me persoanlly, but I won't even give games the time of day if I don't like the licence. Like I won't ever play the new Batman games because I have no interest in Batman. There is a new South Park RPG coming out thats supposed to be really good, but.....it's fucking South Park. No.
I can get behind this, just can't do superhero franchise games at all.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

people hating on Mass effect but not playing 2?

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

The Mass Effect series is my favorite of the current generation. It makes me remember the kind of game I wanted to play and the kind of thing I would play pretend as way back in the day of the Colleco.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

james wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:Xenoblade is one of the few JRPGs I've had any interest in in the last few years. The game actually looks really good, and I may need to dust off the Wii.
It's worth it. It has a lot of the post-Monsterhunter harvesting/crafting elements that seem to drive some Western gamers crazy, but it's not cumbersome at all. I'd imagine you could play through the entire game without paying any attention to it. Other than that, it doesn't play like a nu-jrpg at all. English localization is absolutely commendable, and the battle system has a really cool mechanic involving realtime precognition.
Endlessly fiddly crafting and other horseshit was a staple of western RPGs long before Japan jumped on that train. I'm pretty sure we can squarely (huh huh) place the blame for terrible monotonous grinding on Japan though
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

just finished the mass effect demo. the demo itself was mediocre and the opening isn't nearly as good as ME2's but the game is still going to rip
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

3 more weeks motherfvucker
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

bueno mass effect

no bueno buenofa
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

It looked like Ashley had robot arms. And it was nice to see Wrex again, even though I'm going to import my save file where he's been dead since 2007. :(
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

guardianoftheblind wrote:just finished the mass effect demo. the demo itself was mediocre and the opening isn't nearly as good as ME2's but the game is still going to rip
This is what I'm hoping. The combat feels better (Vanguard Charge + Nova is :moreawesome: ). One thing to keep in mind is Bioware stupidly didn't let you customize your weapon loadout for the second section. Weapons have weight in the game and they affect your cooldown times. Carrying 4 weapons = barely using Charge = :nopizza: .

The running animations are absolutely hilarious. Also, I have no idea why Bioware ramps up the speed and movement of Shepard but doesn't support the 360 controller on the PC version? Double tapping space is going to get really old and I may have to invest in Xpadder or something like that. It's fucking 2012 and even indie studios are able to implement that, :nopizza:.

The audio was a pile of shit, too. The reaper lasers were loud but then everything else is quiet. I hope it isn't this fucked in the final release.

:pizza: for Anderson becoming a foul mouthed old man, Wrex and his Krogan airdrop, not every enemy having three layers of protection, and your Dissection gif.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Comrade Slinky wrote:It looked like Ashley had robot arms. And it was nice to see Wrex again, even though I'm going to import my save file where he's been dead since 2007. :(
Dude...

Ashley looks like a Thai ladyboy.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I now have a semi-decent computer. I can't run contemporary stuff, but I just (FINALLY) blew threw Arkham Asylum. I'm looking back at stuff that people have been talking about in the past 5 years or so trying to decide what I should snag next. Giving serious thought to Mass Effect. I'm thinking that 2010 is my safe-year.

I would just make my own 'Special James 5 Year Time Warp' thread if I could think of any way to make that funny or interesting to read. There's almost never any point in posting in this thread :lol:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Liara's getting the romance regardless. Or...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Anyone picking up a vita tonight?
i like to dissect women
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Wolfey »

just tried the demo, combat felt pretty damn fun. Biotics feel a lot more powerful now :tup:

It surprisingly inspired a bit of confidence, though there were a few lol-worthy moments, like that fucking kid.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Wolfey wrote: like that fucking kid.
Fuck that kid and that part was hilarious. I hope there's more like that throughout the game instead of awful stuff like, "We fight or die!"
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

Why is there not a ME3 thread yet? Getting pretty bored of checking in this thread and never seeing anything but ME3 being discussed...

Think I might be ready to go back to Oblivion tonight, I've been laying off it since the infuriating three-hours-of-progress (well... three-hours-of-dicking-around) glitch I mentioned a week or two back...
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

I would fucking love to see a zombie game where the focus is not just killing everything.

I mean, 'killing everything' could make for a great unlockable mini-game (or overpowered weapons for the main game as unlockables to achieve the same effect), but it'd be a great twist on zombie games to have to worry about actual survival rather than zombie genocide.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries