The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

Don't start over. Use lean to scope out enemies, use your abilities, and stick to roofs and pipes. Once you unlock more powers stealthing your way through an area should get easier. Also, there are multiple endings and the world changes (Chaos level) depending on how much you kill or don't kill, like more rats if you kill a lot. My first playthrough I'm trying to ghost / non-lethal each area but if I have to kill I kill.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Don't worry about it. They've definitely designed a lot of cool powers and weapons to dispose of enemies. Would be a shame to not kill at least a few.

Plus, that drop down stab move is :awesome: .
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I was playing with someone who had a Mechromancer yesterday. Pretty fun class, but it also seemed a bit overpowered. Can't see myself getting around to checking it out anytime soon, I'm still neck-deep in my first playthrough.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I'm only level 12 with my Gaige and its hilariously overpowered and this is coming from a guy who's admitted dropping games to easy on a routine basis

That said her skills are easily the most fun In the entire game. The anarchy meta-game is incredibly clever and fun. I had 200 stacks and screamed in agony when I went to pick up a quest item, missed, and reloaded losing all of them
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Mechromancer rules, and definatly worth the extra bucks if you didn't do the pre-order. She does seem OP, but it could also be the badass points I've accumulated. Going tondo the ordered chaos tree and see how that goes.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: @ some people finishing Dishonored in 7 hours or less. I finally finished the first assassination mission and my total playtime is almost 6 hours. I take things slower than the average person but if you're just plowing through the game on easy, you lose all rights to complain about its length. That feeling of, "Oh, I could have gone in that way, too?" is :mastoman: . I feel like a cheesy evil villain rubbing his hands when I summon the rats and want to yell out, "Swarm my children, swarm!" Barring any disastrous endings or something horrible appearing in the later parts of the game, this will probably dethrone Sleeping Dogs as my GOTY. Great art, great level and world design, and such great gameplay.

Don't read this Pisscubes: The art and texture style reminds me so much of Rage....like an animated watercolor painting.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

attempting a no kills, no alarms, no powers playthrough. First mission was north of six hours. Blinking into an apartment and reading the journal of a mother watching her family all die was a definite highlight. :tup:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I didn't realize that the XCOM game was also available on the 360. So, based on the praise I'm hearing I decided to read a review. Hell, why not have One Hundred and One games I need to play instead of just a even centennial?.... no good. It's turn based. Those two words are the death kiss for a game to me. I still can't fathom why you dudes want to play a game that essential is about action, yet takes away the action controls from you. Sure sure, strategy, rock-paper-scissors, it's like D&D... I get all those reasons, but I just don't find it fun in the slightest.

Still haven't gotten to play Dishonored :nopizza:
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

The Bill wrote:I didn't realize that the XCOM game was also available on the 360. So, based on the praise I'm hearing I decided to read a review. Hell, why not have One Hundred and One games I need to play instead of just a even centennial?.... no good. It's turn based. Those two words are the death kiss for a game to me. I still can't fathom why you dudes want to play a game that essential is about action, yet takes away the action controls from you. Sure sure, strategy, rock-paper-scissors, it's like D&D... I get all those reasons, but I just don't find it fun in the slightest.

It's like chess with aliens and explosions. That certainly appeals to me but I understand why some wouldn't be into it.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Friendly Goatus wrote:
The Bill wrote:I didn't realize that the XCOM game was also available on the 360. So, based on the praise I'm hearing I decided to read a review. Hell, why not have One Hundred and One games I need to play instead of just a even centennial?.... no good. It's turn based. Those two words are the death kiss for a game to me. I still can't fathom why you dudes want to play a game that essential is about action, yet takes away the action controls from you. Sure sure, strategy, rock-paper-scissors, it's like D&D... I get all those reasons, but I just don't find it fun in the slightest.

It's like chess with aliens and explosions. That certainly appeals to me but I understand why some wouldn't be into it.
Yeah, but you can have chess like the strategy and still keep the action real-time:

milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Anyone else playing Planetside 2 beta? It's pretty fun.
ImageImageImage
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:I didn't realize that the XCOM game was also available on the 360. So, based on the praise I'm hearing I decided to read a review. Hell, why not have One Hundred and One games I need to play instead of just a even centennial?.... no good. It's turn based.
I'll actually take turn based over RTS, but that's mostly just because I suck so bad at RTS that it's not even funny. I honestly would prefer the combat in Dragon Age if it were turn based, for example.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dishonored: Use the heart around npcs.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:I didn't realize that the XCOM game was also available on the 360. So, based on the praise I'm hearing I decided to read a review. Hell, why not have One Hundred and One games I need to play instead of just a even centennial?.... no good. It's turn based.
I'll actually take turn based over RTS, but that's mostly just because I suck so bad at RTS that it's not even funny. I honestly would prefer the combat in WaterBuffalo Age if it were turn based, for example.
Lord, games like Warcraft and Command & Conquer are a chaotic frantic cluster-fuck when I play them. Yet, I way prefer it. I don't know, if I'm going to play this start and stop dice rolling nonsense, I'd rather just play a card game or real life session of D&D, not that I play those either.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: I don't know, if I'm going to play this start and stop dice rolling nonsense, I'd rather just play a card game or real life session of D&D, not that I play those either.
Well yeah, that too. It's not like I've played a turn-based game since... Shining in the Darkness? I just can't keep up with RTS combat, and in RPGs, the whole thing where it's ultimately still a die roll just drives me insane. Either give me action combat where I can see what's happening and feel like I'm actually controlling it, or do away with it completely. But you're right, then you might as well do it properly and play with people and real dice.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

It's all about aligning and arranging things to give yourself the 'best bet'. It's a different sort of strategy. I do love them both so much. It's been so long since I played an RTS that wasn't made in the 90s... is Starcraft 2 what I should snag?
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

milkmandan wrote:Anyone else playing Planetside 2 beta? It's pretty fun.
i wish. that shit looks so great. i've been watching a lot of footage on youtube though. :cry:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

turn based superiority. RTS are for spastic asians
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

yep, turn based for life.
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Project Eternity's first screenshot. 4 days to go.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

copstache wrote:turn based superiority. RTS are for spastic asians
the irony is that besides x-com I pretty much have only ever played Japanese turn-based games?!!

I wonder what I'm missing

are any of those squad based tom clancy type games any good?
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

short answer is not really, but check out rogue spear - it is fun in a realistic, frustrating kind of way.
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Wang Mandu wrote:Image

Project Eternity's first screenshot. 4 days to go.
What is this
ImageImageImage
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

milkmandan wrote:What is this
Old school, Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape: Torment style Kickstarter rpg from Obsidian.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obs ... y?ref=live