The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by fallbacktostone »

your head is 2 dimensional
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I actually agree with The Bill on this one. I love BL2, but it's just run and gun, not a lot of substance. But plenty fun.

Dishonored is pretty great. I was kinda wasted the other night and started over though, trying to get a no-kill game, but even as I finished the first level it said I killed a guy. Great.

Pinning some high hopes on Far Cry 3 as well. I'm still pretty bummed that Prey 2 is not coming out this year, that LOOKS like my new favorite game of all time.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

guardianoftheblind wrote:Image
Is this one of the new FIFA's??

WTF WAS THAT??@#!@!#
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Worst thing about Heavy Rain was hiring a bunch of French people to voice American characters.
delmuerte wrote:I'm still pretty bummed that Prey 2 is not coming out this year, that LOOKS like my new favorite game of all time.
Me and you both but I don't know if that game is ever coming out. :( Bethesda keeps saying it's not cancelled but that's about as far as they go. Development hell.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Steam dudes, Mark of the Ninja is out for $15.

Too many games.... :nopizza:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:In fact, I'm 19 Trophies away from Platinuming this SOB, and I think I'll do it just to ruin Riley's life.
Look at Geoff, rising from the shadows of his now joint owned apartment just to snap Riley in half. Pisscubes is Bane to Riley's broken bat.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:In fact, I'm 19 Trophies away from Platinuming this SOB, and I think I'll do it just to ruin Riley's life.
Look at Geoff, rising from the shadows of his now joint owned apartment just to snap Riley in half. Pisscubes is Bane to Riley's broken bat.
I still haven't totally worked out every last detail on how my Platinuming Heavy Rain is going to ruin Riley's life, but rest assured, it will.
Of course you haven't *wink*
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

This is probably as good a time as any to remind everyone that I played the Heavy Rain demo once and then decided I never ever wanted to have anything to do with this piece of shit "game" or any others like it ever in my life ever again, like, ever.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Also, this.

:?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I've come to terms that this first play through of Dishonored is getting down right bloody, and might as well stop reloading the game when I'm forced to fight. It's a little lazy, I know, but I've never been Captain Goody Twoshoes. Mass slaughter is more me anyhow.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:I've come to terms that this first play through of Dishonored is getting down right bloody, and might as well stop reloading the game when I'm forced to fight. It's a little lazy, I know, but I've never been Captain Goody Twoshoes. Mass slaughter is more me anyhow.
Yeah, I just came to the same conclusion. I still TRY to do non-lethal stuff, but if I have to kill, I have to kill. The only thing I refuse to do is any lethal take-downs of the actual targets. I'm hellbent on doing the creative, non-lethal ways of neutralizing them, mostly cause the story is a lot more interesting that way.
I think were 100% on the same page here. I'm interested in putting ruins into the force push thing (Wind Push?) just to go Jedi on large groups of enemies.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

So since Borderlands 2 is still a broken, unplayable mess no matter how many manual installs and driver downloads I do, and my credit card's finally working again... Dishonored time for me.

And goddam, this game's hard. I've only done the escape from prison so far (WM, can we take a moment to giggle at how this game starts exactly the same way as TW2?), and I'm pretty sure I left maybe one guy alive in there... FP stealth's taking some getting used to for sure. Really purdy environments, too.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

It's really weird to me that you guys care that he keeps mentioning it.

I know I know it's really weird that I care that you guys care..
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

:lol:
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Nothing's worse than having a pc game not work. You feel helpless, trapped and alone. I should have spoken up earlier but I was scared.

I care.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Comrade Slinky wrote: I care.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Actually the reason I mentioned it again was because the last time I brought it up I thought I finally had it working. So assuming at least two dozen people were following the saga of how BL2 isn't working at my house, I thought it reasonable to post an update. It's still not working. Also, there's a 38 page thread at the Gearbox forum about this. I mean, not about me, but about eleventy billion people having the same problem.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I've now updated PhysX and it seems to be working. Fully expect it to crash again tomorrow, and then maybe I'll give up?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Sigh.
Anyone play Mark of the Ninja yet?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Spacehamster. You know what this means, right?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
console supremacy
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

spacehamster wrote:
Comrade Slinky wrote: I care.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Actually the reason I mentioned it again was because the last time I brought it up I thought I finally had it working. So assuming at least two dozen people were following the saga of how BL2 isn't working at my house, I thought it reasonable to post an update. It's still not working. Also, there's a 38 page thread at the Gearbox forum about this. I mean, not about me, but about eleventy billion people having the same problem.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I've now updated PhysX and it seems to be working. Fully expect it to crash again tomorrow, and then maybe I'll give up?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Sigh.
Anyone play Mark of the Ninja yet?
That GIF is incredible. My favorite GIF ever.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:(WM, can we take a moment to giggle at how this game starts exactly the same way as TW2?)
:awesome: Didn't even think about that. Could add Oblivion to the list, too.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Now, I have no idea if the DOOM 3 BFG Edition is anything to write home about, but I just read a review that compares it to Call of Duty... :fp: :fp: :fp:
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I just bought a 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 off of someone on craigslist for a total of $110. It's in perfect condition; no scratches, no loose buttons, no nothing. The only thing wrong was that they didn't have the power cord to recharge the 3DS so I had to buy one, that's what the extra $10 covered out of the $110 I payed. Even if I bought all that used from Gamestop the total would come out to over $200. Came out pretty damn good in that deal.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

yeah, that's a really good deal. get dragon quest ix if you like rpgs, i just crossed the 300 hour mark :oops:

oh, and gog.com has another massive sale going for the next two weeks. pseudo pay-what-you-want for classic interplay games, including the option to buy eight games for eight cents or twenty games for thirteen bucks.

i have a copy of stonekeep from the sale to gift if anyone wants it. pretty boring dungeon crawl but it may provide some nostalgia, '96 style.
Last edited by right over there on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Friendly Goatus wrote:I just bought a 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 off of someone on craigslist for a total of $110. It's in perfect condition; no scratches, no loose buttons, no nothing. The only thing wrong was that they didn't have the power cord to recharge the 3DS so I had to buy one, that's what the extra $10 covered out of the $110 I payed. Even if I bought all that used from Gamestop the total would come out to over $200. Came out pretty damn good in that deal.
You've just inspired me to do the same.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

right over there wrote:yeah, that's a really good deal. get WaterBuffalo quest ix if you like rpgs, i just crossed the 300 hour mark :oops:
No shit?? I only dumped about 60 into that one. I really liked it, but since it was impossible for me to really explore the multiplayer stuff in any meaningful way, I kinda lost steam when it came time to get into the post-game. I made sure to connect every few months to make sure it was updating itself with the DLC type stuff but I've never really gotten into any of it.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?