The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

I'm so happy that the new MOH is getting shat on. Just like the Bond game. Hopefully so will the new COD, so we can end this FPS fad already. End it so we can get back to FPS that rule :

fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

that medal of honor game looks pretty strong and will probably get better with time. the multiplayer at least. looks like a mix of rainbow six and call of duty.. kinda odd.. :tup:
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

As of right now it plays like a beta in real rough shape.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

who's going to be my halo brother?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

fallbacktostone wrote:that medal of honor game looks pretty strong and will probably get better with time. the multiplayer at least. looks like a mix of rainbow six and call of duty.. kinda odd.. :tup:
Yeah, maybe multi-player, but single player is a bag of old rotten tits, like the other games of it's ilk. I'm not one for a division of multi-player and single-player, but maybe it's time to stop fucking around and keep the two separate. Then they can release their COD/MOH annually and just name it by year like Madden, yet give a single player game a few years to properly develop and polish.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:I still am nowhere near done with BL2 but the vice in my head keeps saying. THAT DISHONORED GAME SOUNDS SO COOL. BUY IT NOW.
I think you should listen to it. It's a very fun game. And, after all, you are now a man of means MEATS.
Seriously though, both are great games, but very different. I'm playing both at the same time and they oddly compliment each other.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Just finished Dishonored. I'd say 8.5/10, it definitely tapers off a bit towards the end.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I actually liked the betrayal, and as played as the "formerly friendly zone now hostile" twist is, it somehow worked really well here because it felt like I could use the fact that I knew my way around the pub really well to my advantage, unlike most of the other levels where you never know what's around the next corner.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Yeah, I liked that aspect too. It was cool cause I knew my way around and it made me feel like more of a bad-ass. The betrayal I suppose I should have seen coming, but I didn't, what what it's worth, and I liked the twist.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
If you use the heart a couple times around Pendleton, it's pretty much a given that he's going to stab you in the back, so that's what I kept expecting, not that pretty much all of the conspirators would turn on you. The only thing I thought was kind of lame was how of course all the likeable blue-collar characters stay loyal to Corvo.
Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to make Lena Headey do an American accent, especially for a voice acting job, needs to have his testicles impounded.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Comrade Slinky wrote:As of right now it plays like a beta in real rough shape.
jesus this is so fucking bad. half of your deaths will be instantaneous because there's never been a fps released with spawns this bad and with maps seemingly built for spawn trapping. My first multiplayer death was an instant melee kill from behind. You can literally just sit there and kill people as they pop into existence. Head glitching everywhere. I'm always getting caught on little pieces of rock, a step or a faggoty little bit of fence. Damage registration seems to be random. I've watched guys stroll through mortar strikes and grenades. Two of us cornered a guy in a hut, went full auto and he was able to turn around and run away. You can just swing your tomahawk through a full auto burst and come out at 60% health. I'll come under fire reloading and sometimes I'll just freeze up? The menus and interface are horrendous, I still have no idea how the unlock system works and there's been a 60 second wait to log into origin (after the regular boot up loading and then the loading for choosing single or multiplayer). There's a map that's honest to god wetworks on a hill.

And my canadian character sounds like someone doing a bad texan accent. I knew that EA sending this game out for review the day of release was a seriously bad omen but I'm a dolt and needed a new shooter fix.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Never trust an EA game.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

hahahhahhaha Slinky

Write more video game reviews always
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I will never get tired of heroes of might and magic 1 ever ever

all the other games suck dick, only 1995 is a good video game

Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:Never trust an EA game.
I'm really trying not to get excited about Crysis 3, but just thinking about it makes me tingly in the pants.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

james wrote:I will never get tired of heroes of might and magic 1 ever ever

homm 2 is the only game i like better. just since i moved here i've completed every individual scenario plus the campaign of 1, all the campaigns and half the individual scenarios in 2, and am playing my way through the campaigns of 3 right now. best series ever.

it was also amazing to see the "gold" edition of 2 that was first published in '97 had a Game of Thrones themed scenario on it. i didn't notice it until i played through the whole thing again this year. :idea:
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:Never trust an EA game.
I'm really trying not to get excited about Crysis 3, but just thinking about it makes me tingly in the pants.
Normally, Crysis is my weakness but since I'll have to buy it (while using some sort of dodgy vpn because EA knows fuck all about global stores how the internet works and how credit cards allow you to make purchases anywhere in the world) and / or register it on Origin....passing on that one.

Also, Dishonored DLC....that's a nice price. I'm in.

First Dishonored DLC has a wave based arena battle
Second and third add-ons out 2013.
By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 25 October, 2012

Bethesda has announced Dishonored DLC.

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials releases in December for £3.99 / €4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

It includes 10 challenge maps each with 10 distinct trials designed to test your combat, stealth and mobility skills. These trials include an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, drop assassinations and a race against the clock. There are new achievements and trophies and a global online leaderboard.

That's the first DLC. The second and third add-ons will launch in 2013 simultaneously on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, and each features a story-driven campaign.

Daud, the leader of a group of supernatural assassins known as 'The Whalers', is at the centre of the second DLC, due early spring 2013. Expect new Dunwall locales and Daud's own set of weapons, powers and gadgets. Bethesda described it as a "story-driven" campaign. How you play and the choices you make impact the final outcome, it said.

The third DLC remains under wraps. An image of the Dunwall City Trials, called Bend Time Massacre, is below.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: Normally, Crysis is my weakness but since I'll have to buy it (while using some sort of dodgy vpn because EA knows fuck all about global stores how the internet works and how credit cards allow you to make purchases anywhere in the world) and / or register it on Origin....passing on that one.
I got Origin for the sole purpose of playing C2, so I guess I'll add C3 to that.

Let's just say at least it isn't as annoying as Ubisoft's Uplay. I'll actually get the next SC on console just so I can avoid that shit.

Dishonored DLC sounds great.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

right over there wrote:homm 2 is the only game i like better. just since i moved here i've completed every individual scenario plus the campaign of 1, all the campaigns and half the individual scenarios in 2, and am playing my way through the campaigns of 3 right now. best series ever.

it was also amazing to see the "gold" edition of 2 that was first published in '97 had a Game of Thrones themed scenario on it. i didn't notice it until i played through the whole thing again this year. :idea:
Jeez man that must've taken a while! I'm honestly pretty terrible at the game, I seriously don't even think I'd have the skill to beat a few of those scenarios.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ghost Dad wrote:Hated RE6 the first few hours of play, but once you get used to the mechanics and the over the top plot, its pretty fun. The game has the most annoying enemies in the series, however. Also, the item manager is terrible, and the leveling system feels too dated to enjoy.

Just saw that they are releasing a patch in December that will allow you to adjust the camera so it's not completely shoved up your ass.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:
Let's just say at least it isn't as annoying as Ubisoft's Uplay. I'll actually get the next SC on console just so I can avoid that shit.

Dishonored DLC sounds great.
You have played SC: Chaos Theory aka best SC past and future, right?

I installed Origin for Mass Effect 3 and deleted it and the game immediately after finishing it. I can't even legit purchase games on their store because I dont have a Korean credit card. EA customer support representative Habib straight up told me, "Yeah, you cant buy that game. Tough luck, bro."

Steam support = "Oh! Use this link for your US credit card and you're good to go."
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: You have played SC: Chaos Theory aka best SC past and future, right?
Not really. I got the PS3 remakes and vowed to play through all of them back to back, but then I got stuck somewhere halfway into the first one. It's one of those old games that I keep telling myself I should go back to, but playing it always feels a little too much like work, and then something new and shiny comes along. Same reason I still haven't finished HL2.
I installed Origin for Mass Effect 3 and deleted it and the game immediately after finishing it. I can't even legit purchase games on their store because I dont have a Korean credit card. EA customer support representative Habib straight up told me, "Yeah, you cant buy that game. Tough luck, bro."
Well, I live in a country where the rest of the world assumes we're all millionaires and have a vault full of melted-down Jewish gold teeth, so I don't have zis problem.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Easier to figure out than torrents + cheaper than store

same reason people BUY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF MP3S
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

james wrote:same reason people BUY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF MP3S
this went into my brain as a joke initially, but yeah... iTunes is projected to take in $13B consumerbux in '13
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

james wrote:I will never get tired of heroes of might and magic 1 ever ever

!@!@!!@!@@@!

I used to LOVE this game. HOLY SHIT!

BLACK DRAGONS@!@!@!@!
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

not bumping the DaS thread, but i love the changes made in the 1.06 update (4-5 more warp spots! including tomb of the giants, thank god, miracle resonance actually works now, etc) and the DLC is sweet as hell so far. helped about 10 people beat the first boss last night and then got as far as the second boss. so far the environment/level design is more on par with the early parts of the game rather than the slog that is demon ruins/lost izalith/TotG, but i've still got a decent chunk left to explore.

i've seen quite a few people complain that the DLC is too hard to access though... only dark souls would force players to complete a checklist of requirements (most of them simple enough) before they get to access what they paid $15 for. here's what you have to do:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
access dusk of oolacile in the darkroot basin after killing the golem she's trapped in, talk to her, blah blah, then go to duke's archives and kill the new crystal golem after the first bonfire... he's impossible to miss. take the item you get back to darkroot basin and go to the corner where you originally saw the golem that dusk was trapped inside. there should be a black swirling portal.