The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote: I still can't believe, after all the terrible reviews, that I want the SIlent Hill one :fp:
I own that thing for the PS3, supposedly it got patched a few times and it's better than the reviewed version. I haven't played it yet, but I threw it on some time ago, and wasn't impressed. I think I was mostly disturbed by the controls which I was in no condition to relearn... since I was drunk, AGAIN! :cheers:

Ah, HALO 4 finally arrived at my job. Don't think I'll get time to play today, but tomorrow it's on.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

DR. THRAXX wrote:I reserved the Devil May Cry reboot that's coming out.
Not sure about that one....Heavenly Sword guys making that and one of the top guys saying they made 30 fps feel like 60 fps. :fp:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Not sure about that one....Heavenly Sword guys making that and one of the top guys saying they made 30 fps feel like 60 fps. :fp:
I heard that. Some sort of illusion they figured out in Dragon's Drag-on's Dogma. Never played that, so I don't know how true it is, but I see nothing wrong with making a game look or play better via cheating.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Wang Mandu wrote:
I can always cancel it
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

DR. THRAXX wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:
I can always cancel it
No, don't do that. I also pre-ordered it. Don't leave me alone with it :cry:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:WHY AM I STILL CONSIDERING ASSASSIN'S CREED THREE? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?
I did as well, but I just reminded myself how I couldn't get through the tutorial of part 2 without loathing the game.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:WHY AM I STILL CONSIDERING ASSASSIN'S CREED THREE? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?
I did as well, but I just reminded myself how I couldn't get through the tutorial of part 2 without loathing the game.
Yeah, I made it about two hours into one of them and then just stopped.

It's probably cause I feel like I should get some big AAA title since I'm not paying. But maybe I'll just get a handful of used stuff.
Worse than this. Why am I considering getting a Nintendo Wii U? :ax: :fp: :drool: :oops:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I think I'm actually going to have to buy Halo 4 this weekend.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I thought you were not much into multiplayer gaming. There is no other reason for playing any Halo game than having friends coming over and playing in split screen. Well, online multiplayer would be another reason, but now you are a PC gamer, so there are tons of better choices.

Anyway, having ONE Halo game is good, but I guess it does not matter which.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

:fp:
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm saying this because the campaign actually looks good. I have basically zero intention to play MP. I might end up doing it anyway (I did somehow get suckered into the KZ2 and Crysis 2 MPs), but it's not very likely. It just looks like a fun, quick shooter that I'll play once, love intensely, and then never look at again.

Speaking of such, I also still need to play Uncharted 3.

EDIT fucking Vern'd, not going back and quoting anyway.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Hahaha. German version of Halo 4 is German audio only, with English menus if the console's set to English. Fantabulastic. I think I'll scratch the discs and beat a Windows user to death with them.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Krieg: Why the fuck do you buy German games, order them from UK
Spacehamster: International delivery, blah blah blah, DHL guy hates me ... blah blah ... they will make me pick it up from the other site of the city ... blah blah blah ... instant gratificacion ... blah blah
Krieg:Your bicycle parts? Do you buy them local or international?
Spacehamster: Sometimes local, sometimes international
Krieg: hmmk

There you go, I save both of us the same convo for the 10th time. Prost.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Sometimes I feel like I'm in this weird parallel dimension where I think my posts are in English, but they're actually Chinese, and I'm the only one who can read them.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Oh shit, Hitman comes out in like a week. Guess I should save the card for that.
Well, if you do go for HALO 4 know that I'm loving it thus far. It's great to play a no gimmicks FPS every so often. Any way here's a timeline in case the universe confuses you being that you only played one Halo game ever:

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Oh shit, Hitman comes out in like a week. Guess I should save the card for that.
Can't wait for that one. :mastoman:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

hey guys lets play a game! it's called "see how long you can fucking take these unbearable fucks narrating this video!"

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Played about two hours of Uncharted 3 tonight and basically I feel like I'm still waiting for the game to start.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Sooo... GTAV gonna come out on PC or what?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote:Played about two hours of Uncharted 3 tonight and basically I feel like I'm still waiting for the game to start.
I just finished back-to-back playthroughs of MGS4 and MGS2 and it made me long for the smoothly inserted cutscenes of Uncharted series. I lost track of the number of times I'd walk into a room and get a long cutscene followed by long nanocommunication conversation followed by a cutscene, then have control returned to me, I'd walk out of the room, and control is ONCE MORE VIOLENTLY WRENCHED FROM ME LITERALLY NOT EVEN FIVE SECONDS LATER.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

MGS2 was a way better game than I remember it though. Raiden's still a total fairy and it's bullshit you don't even play as snake for most of the game but the game itself outside of a rollerblading boss is super fun.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Played about two hours of Uncharted 3 tonight and basically I feel like I'm still waiting for the game to start.
I just finished back-to-back playthroughs of MGS4 and MGS2 and it made me long for the smoothly inserted cutscenes of Uncharted series. I lost track of the number of times I'd walk into a room and get a long cutscene followed by long nanocommunication conversation followed by a cutscene, then have control returned to me, I'd walk out of the room, and control is ONCE MORE VIOLENTLY WRENCHED FROM ME LITERALLY NOT EVEN FIVE SECONDS LATER.
I know what you mean, but so far UC3 feels like I've never really had control of the game beyond pushing a few buttons and about 30 degrees of camera movement.

Also, I really need to get these f'n MGS HD remakes. Still haven't played 2 and 3, ever.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I bought it because I've never played Peacewalker but I've already gotten my money's worth just playing through 2 again..
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:never played Peacewalker
I have all of the PSP games and never finished any of them. Maybe I'm a false, but I just don't see the appeal of a game that's 50% ploughing through upgrade and team roster menus. And Peacewalker also committed the mortal sin of getting me stuck in needlessly difficult bossfights... which is ten times worse in a portable game. I dunno. It looked nice and the regular stealth sections were good, but everything else just made it too tedious. Which, now that I think about it, is kind of the problem with all of the MGS games. No faith in their own strengths.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Skipping the cutscenes makes all of the MGS games 90% better