The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by james »

Trying to fight and claw my way through this:

Incredibly clunky text game written in BASIC. There is no way to save. A vampire appears and bites your neck randomly, and you die. All the in-game clues are gibberish text - I need to figure out how to translate them. There is literally no information about the game available online.

the only solution of course is to MAP IT ALL IN MS PAINT
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

guardianoftheblind wrote:how many people from here would play blops 2 on xbox?
I got it for Xbox mate.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

what's your gamertag again? and does you saying 'mate' mean we won't be playing anywhere near the same time zone?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

played about 6 or 7 games of blops online. was actually pretty impressed. the game looks leagues better than blops 1, but still not as good as MW2. huh. shows how sick infinity ward used to be. you get stuck with shit for the first few games until you unlock your create a class. the default assault rifle is garbage. the MTAR or whatever. gets a lot better though. i've been out of the COD game for quite a while, and it showed. did poor to fair. so much fucking camping. i kept wanting to play games though and i think part of the reason for that is the maps. if i play infinity slayer on halo for an hour, you play the same 3 maps (the only ones that are small enough for 4v4). the entire rotation is playable in this game which adds variety from one game to the next.

the first mission of campaign was a flashback and was fairly meh, standard 'defend this position' type shit. hoping the future levels are better. didnt touch zombies yet.

overall i had a pretty good time though. i think people are already starting to forget about the shit that was blops 1 and MW3
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

guardianoftheblind wrote:what's your gamertag again? and does you saying 'mate' mean we won't be playing anywhere near the same time zone?
Gamer tags in my sig - most of you sleep between about 5pm an 2 am my time depending on what coast you live on
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Random bame-related observation of the week: It really amuses me sometimes how in some game series that have been around for a long time, the main character is still voiced by the same whotzis that was hired back in the olden days when the standards were lower than they are today, and the supporting cast is often much stronger. Like, say, Kratos is still voiced by the same dude in GoW3, and they got Malcolm McDowell to do Daedalus. It's like the star of the show is some leftover from the dark past of gaming. Maybe this also has something to do with the main character requiring a lot more work, so they can't get someone expensive to do it, I dunno. Most recently noticed this in Halo 4. The difference between the guy who does Master Chief and some of the other voice acting is pretty rough sometimes.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:Random bame-related observation of the week: It really amuses me sometimes how in some game series that have been around for a long time, the main character is still voiced by the same whotzis that was hired back in the olden days when the standards were lower than they are today, and the supporting cast is often much stronger. Like, say, Kratos is still voiced by the same dude in GoW3, and they got Malcolm McDowell to do Daedalus. It's like the star of the show is some leftover from the dark past of gaming. Maybe this also has something to do with the main character requiring a lot more work, so they can't get someone expensive to do it, I dunno. Most recently noticed this in Halo 4. The difference between the guy who does Master Chief and some of the other voice acting is pretty rough sometimes.
Master Chief never emotes. That's his character. If fact, in Halo 4 when he sorts of yells
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
"Cortana!"
that was the biggest reaction were liable to ever get out of the cold bastard.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

It's not that he doesn't have emotions (I'm a Halo n00b, so if that's the idea with him, fine), it's that he doesn't sound like he's reacting to anything, he's just saying his lines, in an unnatural kind of way that stands out, not like an emotionless clone.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

MASTIER CHIEFs IS A STOIC WAR HORSE. THATS HIS CHARACTER
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

顯然,我說中國。 ,當這一切發生的時候,它真的令我著迷。
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

spacehamster wrote:顯然,我說中國。 ,當這一切發生的時候,它真的令我著迷。
陰茎の袋を食べる
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Clearly Google Translate does a better job translating back from its own Japanese than from Chinese...
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Considering buying a Wii for fifty bucks. My girlfriend would love it, I could play the latest Zelda game and also go to town on Virtual Console.

Hmmmm.
Yeah, the Virtual Console was the only reason it's still standing next to the 360 & PS3. I don't think I like a single Wii original game outside of the Paper Mario one. Why? That fucking controller and the stupid ass jerky movements I had to do to get things to work. Actually, one of the Kirby games was pretty good as well.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Mario Galaxy games looked fun :|

I'm a total sucker for Zelda even when it sucks too :| :|
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Wii has some fun games for sure, but I just felt like the motion controls were too gimmicky. I always felt like just using a hand held controller would be better. but maybe I'm just biased and not prepared for that shit
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Just do it man. What's $50 in the long run ? Think of all the otherwise potentially useful time you'll be able to waste.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

There's good Wii games. Virtual Console is a ripoff IMHO.

Games you can maybe get on the cheap (IDK too much about used game prices though):

Mario Kart Wii
Zack and Wiki (GAME IS AWESOME)
Super Paper Mario
Okami Wii
Little Kings Story
Sonic Colors
Mega Man 10
The Mario Galaxy games
Zelda Games
Metroid games
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Hacking a Wii is as easy as putting some files in a SD card. I am just saying ...
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Pisscubes wrote:
Krieg wrote:Hacking a Wii is as easy as putting some files in a SD card. I am just saying ...
I know I'm going to sound like an idiot but, when a Wii is hacked, what do you get out of it?
You can download games from the Internet, put them in the SD card (or external harddisk) and play them.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Pisscubes wrote:
Krieg wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
Krieg wrote:Hacking a Wii is as easy as putting some files in a SD card. I am just saying ...
I know I'm going to sound like an idiot but, when a Wii is hacked, what do you get out of it?
You can download games from the Internet, put them in the SD card (or external harddisk) and play them.
:shock:

What format do the games have to be in?
ISO or WBFS
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

AFAIK Gamecube controllers only work when you are playing Gamecube games. Or Wiiware (games from the Wii Store) that support them.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

You can use Gamecube controllers for normal Wii games too.

Unless they are strictly motion based controls.

*Yeah Twilight Princess was good. Now can you make a new thread called "Pisscubes Knows Jack Shit About The Wii And Needs You To Tell Him Everything"? :lol: :lol:
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I don't care man, I'm just fucking around. You talking about Wii kind of makes me want to dust mine off and play through Paper Mario again.

I never got around to hacking my Wii, so that might be something I will do soon as well.