special james thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Re: special james thread

Post by Mooretician »

Damn, that could have really been put to good use as a response to some of Smegma's dumb shit
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

the graphics in the 'tit torture enforcers' series were getting better with each new volume
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

guardianoftheblind wrote:opening this video in another tab while you browse this thread needs to be a requirement
One of my favorite pieces of music ever :tup: :tup:

always bothered that that big super mega mega orchestral final fantasy tour used that horrible operatic male vocal thing for this tune
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Eating chowder for the first time in my life. 'Chicken corn chowder' from a can.

I've always avoided this food before, because it looks disgusting. This is delicious. Pot pie with no crust.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

So I did the whole letterbomb deal and got as far as the screen with the four boxes that have wii/homebrew/SD/gears in them, and now the controller won't work ? The lights at the bottom just flash. Can't find any explanation except I need to use a gamecube controller ? WTF no one said anything about that anywhere ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

When I did it, which was before Letterbomb existed, I needed a Gamecube controller for that step. You'd probably better go get one. You should have one already but... whatever I guess you make up for it in other ways
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

ebay'd a couple weeks ago but still waiting for it. I found a youtube walkthrough explaining that you can use the power&reset buttons on the console itself ? What have you gotten me into this time, James..

And once this is done, where do I go to download the emulators and game roms ?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Yeah just looked into it a bit and you will need a wired controller of some sort. I believe that only a Gamecube controller will work there. Honestly you'll definitely want one anyway.

The good news is though that you've successfully installed Bootmii as your second boot option, which means nothing is fucked up. Once you get that controller you'll be on your way.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

riley-o wrote:And once this is done, where do I go to download the emulators and game roms ?
I'm not sure what the simplest solution will be since the techniques have changed, but it won't be a big deal.

Most likely scenario: you will have a application installed called The Homebrew Browser. This will present you with a browsable menu of homebrew software, and you can pick whatever emulators you want from a large list. They will automatically download and install themselves to your USB stick, SD card or external hard drive.

The ROMs you'll have to get through other means but that is not at all difficult. I will walk you through it.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The dude I bought my Wii off has Mario 3, original Zelda, OoT & Majora's Mask from the virtual console so I've been playing Mario 3. I tried Majora's Mask but wasn't feeling it at all. There's something weird and nightmarish about it that made me uncomfortable :(

I went to download a couple games off the VC but it was after I'd installed homebrew and it just went to a black screen and was frozen and I was scared I'd brick'd it, but I just unplugged it and it worked again. I guess VC isn't an option if you've soft-modded ?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

jame i want you to have this gif

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

riley-o wrote:The dude I bought my Wii off has Mario 3, original Zelda, OoT & Majora's Mask from the virtual console so I've been playing Mario 3. I tried Majora's Mask but wasn't feeling it at all. There's something weird and nightmarish about it that made me uncomfortable :(
yeah i really tried in earnest to like majora's mask because i'd heard so many great things about it and tried to put aside my distaste for it but it was too hard to maintain interest during that prologue. plus all the antiquated design stuff made it tough. i don't believe i'd really be able to play all the way through ocarina again and majora's mask just seems impossible.

link to the past i could play from back to front right this second.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

riley-o wrote:I went to download a couple games off the VC but it was after I'd installed homebrew and it just went to a black screen and was frozen and I was scared I'd brick'd it, but I just unplugged it and it worked again. I guess VC isn't an option if you've soft-modded ?
The rules have changed back and forth on that a bit over the years. I was under the impression that using the VC store was now completely and permanently 'safe', and the only danger posed by the Big N came in the form of system OS updates.

That may have changed, or there may be something else going wrong - you're not completely done softmodding your console, keep in mind. You have an alternate boot program installed (which is the most important part) but there may be some odd missing component that you'll only be able to utilize once you can complete the process with your GC controller.

Sucks that you paid for the VC games - but once you're fully loaded I can show you how to install VC games downloaded off the internet, so you really haven't lost money at all.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I have a complete archive of every VC wad on my external... just holla
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

james wrote:
riley-o wrote:I went to download a couple games off the VC but it was after I'd installed homebrew and it just went to a black screen and was frozen and I was scared I'd brick'd it, but I just unplugged it and it worked again. I guess VC isn't an option if you've soft-modded ?
The rules have changed back and forth on that a bit over the years. I was under the impression that using the VC store was now completely and permanently 'safe', and the only danger posed by the Big N came in the form of system OS updates.

That may have changed, or there may be something else going wrong - you're not completely done softmodding your console, keep in mind. You have an alternate boot program installed (which is the most important part) but there may be some odd missing component that you'll only be able to utilize once you can complete the process with your GC controller.

Sucks that you paid for the VC games - but once you're fully loaded I can show you how to install VC games downloaded off the internet, so you really haven't lost money at all.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I have a complete archive of every VC wad on my external... just holla
Wait no I've misrepresented myself-- the only money I've paid was a couple weeks ago for the used system that came with a few games on the hard drive, and then various cables, controllers etc. I was unable to even connect to the virtual console to spend my money foolishly was what I was saying. I haven't tried it a second time so it might be entirely unrelated to the moddings. I'll just wait for the gamecube controller before getting after it any further here.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

okay I'm ready to play video games explain it to me
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'm playing Mario Galaxy right now

Rules

:tup: :tup: :tup:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'll get there for sure. I got this system for Zelda and Mario and won't be half-assing that.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Friendly Goatus wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Megaman 2 was like fucking Proust biting into the goddamn madeleine for me.
god dammit
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Have you not mod'd the Wii ? I've only gotten a couple games from VC but there's a much greater (entire ?) selection of roms available that way and having NES and SNES games cost 500 and 800 points respectively but only being able to buy points in denominations of 1000 just put me off entirely. Such a bullshit cash grab. I can't just buy the fucking game ? Then fuck you, I'll take it.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Yeah I was nervous about bricking it as well but I got it for $50 and figured I could probably pick up another for just as cheap if necessary, and it's totally worth it to be able to play all those fucking games for free. In my research I discovered it's pretty fucking hard to brick it if you follow the directions, anyway. I totally understand how bad it would look if you broke your girlfriend's toy because you were trying to "fix" it for yourself though :lol: :lol: :lol:
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

i modded mine and im a retard. its so super easy. i lost that sd card though and i need to unmod it now. james?
formerly ghost boner
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Mine's already mod'd I just need to get some games and systems and figure out how to play them
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot