The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by james »

Up until now I was running under the assumption that they were making a 'Silver Age' game, featuring the Justice Leage, etc. Looks like that might've gotten shitcanned.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:https://mega.co.nz/#!IIowQIRC!LR--41yVI ... Wvyc8wX_ng

fifteen minutes of Blood Dragon :fonz:
Would be better if that little fuck would shut the fuck up and just play the game.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Hahahah yep. I was fully looking forward to that, of course. It seems like WB is gearing up for some serious moves with the Justice League brand, though - there's been a lot of strange little disturbances and radar-blips like this. Guessing it has to do with a movie a few years down the line.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

FVBTVS wrote:https://mega.co.nz/#!IIowQIRC!LR--41yVI ... Wvyc8wX_ng

fifteen minutes of Blood Dragon :fonz:
*fart*
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

damn. rocksteady is just gonna leave us hanging on the arkham city cliffhanger? seemed that game was pretty successful. i wonder why they didnt want to do another
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

jesus fuck these "secret" levels in Super Mario Sunshine. gimme back dat FLUDD
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I think dead Space 3 is gonna have to fil the game void now Bioshock and God of War has been done...I recall it wasn't overly warmly received - Did you guys that played it like it? I loved the first two...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

i reviewed it last page
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

attention non scrubs

DARK SOULS II
4/10/13 12PM PST world premier 12-minute gameplay trailer at IGN
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

yeah, i already broke it
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Project Eternity
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

MANTIS wrote:i reviewed it last page
I think I will still like it.

Thanks mate.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dead Space 3.....dont play alone. The game isnt balanced at all for solo play.

Resident Evil 6 is vastly superior to DS3.
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

doomeddisciple wrote:I think dead Space 3 is gonna have to fil the game void now Bioshock and God of War has been done...I recall it wasn't overly warmly received - Did you guys that played it like it? I loved the first two...
My thoughts FWIW (spoilered for care/Dead Space fanboyism, no story spoilers):
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The good: The basic, moment-to-moment Dead Space gameplay is as refined as ever, and it feels great. The weapon crafting system seems dopey at first but it's actually kind of cool and addictive, and the zero-G outer space parts are fucking incredible and I would kill for a whole game based on them.

The bad: The story is just really fucking flat and bland, which is a big disappointment after how cool and creepy 2 was (Isaac going insane/hallucinating, etc.) In general it seems like there's a lot less audio/text logs and less flavor in general, which sucks. There's also one of those bosses you fight over and over and it's always annoying (although the part where you finally put him down is really satisfying). And some of the classic DS weapons have been nerfed pretty hard, and you'll probably just end up using some kind of machine gun. This is kind of emblematic of the problems with the game as a whole.

The ugly: There's some seriously gay AAA vidja game shit crammed in, like spending real-life dollarsbux to get vidja game dollarsbux, which fortunately is not even remotely necessary. Honestly it's not a huge deal, and I'm usually pretty understanding about the uneasy mix of art and commerce--but man, nothing has ever broken my immersion in a game quite as badly as seeing a message that you can "buy a resource pack for $0.99!"

Bamers complain about EA like Republicans complain about Obama, but here you can really see their meddling, and just how badly they wanted to turn DS into Assassin's Creed or something instead of respecting the brand that won people over in the first place.

TL,DR: I ultimately enjoyed it, and would recommend it if you like the series, but it's definitely the weakest of the three in most respects.
james wrote:portable auschwitz
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Thanks for the considered review storm shadow!

Wang - is the co opping a bit like RE 5 or something when you can just open the game up to whomever wants to play too or does it require friend requests?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I thought the general consensus was that 2 already got the horror vibe wrong? Because if it didn't, I might have to keep it in mind for a rainy day, now that I've finally come around on the first one.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

doomeddisciple wrote:
Wang - is the co opping a bit like RE 5 or something when you can just open the game up to whomever wants to play too or does it require friend requests?
Not sure. copstache played with a friend and liked it, I played solo and hated the game lol.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

DS2 is still awesome, spacehamster. The action is ramped up but the creepy atmosphere is still there. The first half of 3 kept that going but the game lost me on the ice planet.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:The first half of 3 kept that going but the game lost me on the ice planet.
Well, that explains why the demo put me to sleep - it's on the ice planet. Anyway, I guess I'll end up playing 2 later this year, but right now, man... too many games. Plus I'm still getting my ass kicked by Artorias in DkS, and it's pissing me the fuck off.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Harebrained Schemes has announced that Kickstarted game Shadowrun Returns will be released in June, which isn't very far away at all.

Steam is the delivery method of choice and there will be Steam Workshop support for the game's included editor. There will also be a Steam/DRM-free version released through the Harebrained Account Website, but it won't have access to community-created content that will be shared via Steam.

Steam pre-orders open on 29th April. Pre-order discounts and the Collector's Edition will cease being available on the Harebrained website the day before.

A Linux version of Shadowrun Returns will be released "in a reasonable timeframe after launch". German, French and Italian translations should be available at around the same time.

iOS and Android versions of the game won't have access to community-created content either, although bundles of the best bits may be added further down the line.

Shadowrun Returns has confirmed a Berlin Campaign, new map packs and Shadowrun stories for release as paid DLC post-launch. There will be some additional outfits and portraits you can buy, too. Kickstarter backers of the game get the Berlin Campaign at no extra cost.

Shadowrun Returns faithfully revisits the the old isometric Shadowrun RPG formula of the past. It'll be one of the first products of Kickstarter's nostalgic revolution to arrive. Fingers crossed.
Pumped.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

spacehamster wrote:Plus I'm still getting my ass kicked by Artorias in DkS, and it's pissing me the fuck off.
what's your build? i found artorias next to impossible to beat with slow weapons, and IIRC most magic does nothing to him. i just popped a lot of the stamina regen items, can't remember the name, made myself light enough to fast roll (might be a good idea to use wolf ring to get your poise in the 50s), and then NEVER tried to hit him more than one time in a row and stayed far away whenever he did the energy charge thing. of course if you're on NG+++ or something, it's still gonna be hard as hell even with perfect execution.

i need to talk about dark souls because this wait for the dark souls 2 video is killing me
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

poise up, stable shield(havel, eagle), and stay fucking close. like up in his shit like sif close. or summon help.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:i found artorias next to impossible to beat with slow weapons, and IIRC most magic does nothing to him.
Urgh. My go-to weapon is a maxed out Magic Bastard Sword. Slow and magic-based. Ha.

I've basically found that what Streven says works (although the eagle shield still results in so much lost stamina that it seems better to just two-hand and roll), but it chips away at him so slowly that you have to do it over and over again and execute every dodge perfectly.

Also, I'm doing this on NG+ because that's where I'm at. Probably not the greatest idea.