Pisscubes Bitches About Curt Schilling: The Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Pisscubes Bitches About Curt Schilling: The Thread

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/ ... -end-game/

Great article about the whole situation. Schilling really is a moron.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Pisscubes wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/ ... -end-game/

It's really amazing how all he kept thinking was "It'll work out somehow" and just continued.
That's the motivation behind all corporate fraud. It just becomes to large to keep going, but during that time, the person running the illegitimate books believes that it will somehow turn itself around through their acumen. Look at Peregrine/MF Global. Then everyone involved has their arms up like "we don't know what happened to all the money."
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I don't think it was fraud. He had no clue what he was doing....which seems to be quite common among large game studios, ha.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

So, based on the performance of this studio, have they been contracted for the sequel to Duke Nukem Forever?
Eat shit and live...
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Pisscubes wrote:
Zap Rowsdower wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/ ... -end-game/

It's really amazing how all he kept thinking was "It'll work out somehow" and just continued.
That's the motivation behind all corporate fraud. It just becomes to large to keep going, but during that time, the person running the illegitimate books believes that it will somehow turn itself around through their acumen. Look at Peregrine/MF Global. Then everyone involved has their arms up like "we don't know what happened to all the money."
So do you think this was fraud? I'm wondering what will come out in the audits.
Well not fraud in the deliberate sense, but fraud in the misleading sense. If he gave RI a rosier picture of his studio through balance sheets and unaudited financials, it could be "fraud," even if he had no fucking clue what he was doing. Luckily, his ass might be saved by the fact he didn't get many, if any, outside investors, so any fraud isn't complete. He won't be in much real trouble since it was a public company and any investor putting money in a company like that ought to know better, assuming of course they didn't use fraudulent materials.

I suppose I meant the Peregrine/MF Global comparison to be more of an analogous situation where the person on top is blinded by their own hubris and inflated perception of ability where they fail to realize how much of a clusterfuck they let develop.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

:D
Curt Schilling sock could be for sale

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling might have to sell the famed blood-stained sock he wore during the 2004 World Series to cover millions of dollars in loans he guaranteed to his failed video game company.

There's a good chance Curt Schilling's bloody sock is one of the biggest money-raising items he owns, and he may need to sell it to get out of debt, writes Darren Rovell. Blog

Schilling, whose Providence-based 38 Studios filed for bankruptcy in June, listed the sock as collateral to a bank in a September filing with the Massachusetts Secretary of State.

Schilling also listed a baseball hat said to have been worn by New York Yankees great Lou Gehrig and his collection of World War II memorabilia.

The Boston Globe first reported the filing Thursday.

38 Studios was lured to Rhode Island from Massachusetts with a $75 million loan guarantee. The state is now likely responsible for some $100 million related to the deal, including interest.
Haha god, I'd love to see that financing statement:

Collateral: All of debtor's equipment, tools, inventory, and socks.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I wish I could buy it.

Cum inside of it then wipe my ass; proceed to give it to the Yankees to display a shit and cum stained Red Sox relic.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I could just squirt a packet of ketchup on my own sock..... :awesome:
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Ipswich
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Ipswich »

Shilling's Medfield home is now up for sale. :tup: He bought it from Drew Bledsoe in '04.

take a tour of the estate
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I feel like Schilling deserves some credit for coming around to the fact he made stupid decisions. I still can't get over how he's blaming others though for not telling him he was being dumb.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

I like the fact that while I am no fan of baseball and don't really know who Curt Shilling is, that reading abou this bankruptsy in the local daily newspaper yesterday made me think of this fantastic thread and all the lulz it has brought me since it's creation.

It's now a huge news story and the whole time this thread knew exactly what the fuck was going on...

:tup:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Pisscubes wrote:And it begins...

http://www.boston.com/business/news/201 ... story.html
The suit says the video game company failed because of risks that were not disclosed to the board ‘‘but were or should have been known’’ by all of the defendants.

The suit also says the EDC board was misled about whether 38 Studios would have enough money to finish the video game that was critical to its success.
:tup:
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I want to express my overall appreciation and admiration for this thread :tup:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

As much as I blame Schilling for all this failure, this lawsuit is total bullshit.
‘‘My message to Rhode Islanders is this: I know that you work hard for your paychecks, and for your tax dollars to be squandered is unacceptable,’’ Chafee said in a video statement. ‘‘The Board’s legal action was taken to rectify a grave injustice put upon the people of Rhode Island.’’

The "grave injustice" was the one you authorized.
The suit says the video game company failed because of risks that were not disclosed to the board ‘‘but were or should have been known’’ by all of the defendants.
So it was failed due diligence on the part of the state agency? Rhode Island fucked the pooch on this and it's reminiscent of Schilling how they're blaming everything and everyone else but themselves.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

not to support schilling's viewpoint in any way, but it also does sort of show how clueless government can be sometimes. the current treasurer seemed to be the only person who was like, "hey isn't it weird to you guys he couldn't get money from any of boston's hundreds of venture capitalists?" before everyone else just hopped on board
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:It also shows how much being a super-star athlete can get you. Had this been some chubby typical video game dude, I doubt they would have looked twice.
yeah, for me that was probably the weirdest part of the article, how he basically pitched the idea at a party and because he was a celebrity they bought into it.

then the crazy salaries for a startup, paying mortgages of people who had to relocate... the whole thing never ceases to amaze me. so it is possible that schilling could actually go to jail for this? that's one thing i'm not clear on
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah, absolutely. it'd be like starting a mall instead of a single storefront as a new business owner. and did you see he paid the writer $2 million? :shock: (which he's yet to be paid for, of course). i'm curious how that compares with writers of games with... actually good writing. it's easy to forget about the game itself, but i thought KofA was generic in most ways, and the same applies to the writing. probably could have workshopped it with a bunch of grad students for free and come up with something as compelling. so many bad decisions!
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Ben Grimm
Yeest

Post by Ben Grimm »

I don't man. Those Nintendogs DSes are pretty pathetic.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

if he sells that robe, he should have to pay Johnny Damon back.

HummerGolfCart666.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Apparently no one wants to pick up what's been done for "Copernicus" on the cheap
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) -- The flagship video game that had been under development by Curt Schilling's company when it went under is now just ''a lot of junk,'' Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee said Thursday, and he wasn't surprised that it failed to sell at auction.

The former Red Sox pitcher's company, 38 Studios, was developing the game code-named ''Copernicus'' with the help of a $75 million state loan guarantee when it went bankrupt last year, leaving taxpayers on the hook to pay back tens of millions of dollars. A court-appointed receiver has been trying to sell the company's assets to help pay off its debts, but an auction last week produced no acceptable offers for the game.

Chafee, speaking on a public affairs show on WJAR-TV, said he wished the auction had been successful. Rhode Island is 38 Studios' biggest creditor, and the auction was an attempt to get back some of that money.

Chafee was a vocal critic of the deal when it was struck in 2010 as a way to lure Schilling's company to Rhode Island. Then-Gov. Don Carcieri, lawmakers and the state's quasi-public Economic Development Corp. all played a role in making it happen.

The governor on Thursday described the state's investment as ''insane,'' calling it a ''historically bad'' decision that he blamed on panic over the state's economy collapsing.

''People just panicked and gave a retired baseball player a huge amount of taxpayer money with no experience in this industry or any other businesses,'' Chafee said. ''There was this whole groupthink across the business communities.''

''Copernicus'' was being developed as a ''massively multiplayer'' online game but was never completed. Industry analysts had expressed doubts before the auction that the unfinished game would sell for much, saying it could take as much as $100 million to complete it.

When asked if enough was being done to investigate how the deal came together and how the decision was made, Chafee said he was focused on trying to recoup the money. The Economic Development Corp. has sued Schilling, some of its own ex-employees and others in an attempt to recover some of the money. The lawsuit is pending.

Schilling, who now works as a baseball analyst for ESPN, responded to the governor's comments on his Twitter account.

''Any decision that loses is 'bad' in hindsight. Bet RI would like a 'redo' on Gov election too,'' he wrote, noting Chafee's poor job approval rating. ''He has no clue what he's talking about. never did.''

He added that he told state officials at the time there was no possible chance for them to recoup the money if 38 Studios went under. He did not directly address Chafee's comments that the game is ''junk.'
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:Apparently no one wants to pick up what's been done for "Copernicus" on the cheap
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) -- The flagship video game that had been under development by Curt Schilling's company when it went under is now just ''a lot of junk,'' Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee said Thursday, and he wasn't surprised that it failed to sell at auction.

The former Red Sox pitcher's company, 38 Studios, was developing the game code-named ''Copernicus'' with the help of a $75 million state loan guarantee when it went bankrupt last year, leaving taxpayers on the hook to pay back tens of millions of dollars. A court-appointed receiver has been trying to sell the company's assets to help pay off its debts, but an auction last week produced no acceptable offers for the game.

Chafee, speaking on a public affairs show on WJAR-TV, said he wished the auction had been successful. Rhode Island is 38 Studios' biggest creditor, and the auction was an attempt to get back some of that money.

Chafee was a vocal critic of the deal when it was struck in 2010 as a way to lure Schilling's company to Rhode Island. Then-Gov. Don Carcieri, lawmakers and the state's quasi-public Economic Development Corp. all played a role in making it happen.

The governor on Thursday described the state's investment as ''insane,'' calling it a ''historically bad'' decision that he blamed on panic over the state's economy collapsing.

''People just panicked and gave a retired baseball player a huge amount of taxpayer money with no experience in this industry or any other businesses,'' Chafee said. ''There was this whole groupthink across the business communities.''

''Copernicus'' was being developed as a ''massively multiplayer'' online game but was never completed. Industry analysts had expressed doubts before the auction that the unfinished game would sell for much, saying it could take as much as $100 million to complete it.

When asked if enough was being done to investigate how the deal came together and how the decision was made, Chafee said he was focused on trying to recoup the money. The Economic Development Corp. has sued Schilling, some of its own ex-employees and others in an attempt to recover some of the money. The lawsuit is pending.

Schilling, who now works as a baseball analyst for ESPN, responded to the governor's comments on his Twitter account.

''Any decision that loses is 'bad' in hindsight. Bet RI would like a 'redo' on Gov election too,'' he wrote, noting Chafee's poor job approval rating. ''He has no clue what he's talking about. never did.''

He added that he told state officials at the time there was no possible chance for them to recoup the money if 38 Studios went under. He did not directly address Chafee's comments that the game is ''junk.'
I found a buyer
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wank night's cancelled
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

Eat shit and live...
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »