The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by DR. THRAXX »

:oops:
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

After SOTN it looks like I should play Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow if I want to keep the metrovania quality going. Going to have to go to the old PC and emulate the GBA. I do have an actual GBA but it think Aria of Sorrow runs in the hundreds at this point if I want a cartridge. Plus, screen is too small.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

brocubes:

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS

Good list, muddled over by a community.

also POKEMONS NOT JUST FOR RETARDS ASSHOLES but you'd probably not like it anyway
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

GTA V trailers
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

james wrote: also POKEMONS NOT JUST FOR RETARDS ASSHOLES but you'd probably not like it anyway
I don't see anything wrong with enjoying it if its something that you got into in your youth, but there is no possible fucking way you can legitimize an obsession with it if you are trying to discover it in your 20's or later. I'm sorry, just no.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Korg DS10 really is fucking awesome. It's in this weird place where you're going wow, I could make actual music with this no problem, this isn't really just a novelty - and then you get frustrated with the workflow environment and just go fuck it I'll use regular stuff not this toy. I have no attention span though.

Best shit on the platform I M H O for my homie gamecubes -

Entire Phoenix Wright series is an absolute must - start with any of them, it doesn't matter, they are all phenominal.
Hotel Dusk (Didn't dig on this one so much myself but I suspect you might)
Retro Game Challenge :brokenheart:
Chrono Trigger DS
Mario 64
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Mariokart
Disgaea DS
Dragon Quest IX
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Mega Man Zero Collection
Ninjatown
Space Invaders Extreme 1 or 2
The World Ends With You (although this one gets a little more love than it deserves I think)

Avoid: Metroid games and the Scribblenauts series both seem tempting but they are penis. Scribblenauts is a fun toy for a while but the actual gameplay never got ironed out, winds up feeling like a bad fiscal investment.

Also worth re-mentioning - I didn't really like the castlevania series on the ds.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

canon.docre wrote:I don't see anything wrong with enjoying it if its something that you got into in your youth, but there is no possible fucking way you can legitimize an obsession with it if you are trying to discover it in your 20's or later. I'm sorry, just no.
Breeding/battling online is fucking rad dude. It's not for everyone but the core mechanics of the franchise are absolutely untouchable. I probably wouldn't be as into this series if I hadn't played the original games as a kid, but I do wind up picking up at least one of them each generation and enjoying it anew. It's less nostalgia than it is brand loyalty - I think I'm pretty much spent at this point and I don't see myself picking up X and Y, but I put over 100 hours into White when it came out and I regret nothing.

I got the EU version of White when it was released a bit ahead of the US territory, which wound up being the exact time of the Fukashima apocalypse - playing online with little Japanese girls during the earthquake was pretty unique experience. I got my wisdom teeth pulled and picked up the game over a 24-hr period - laying in bed spitting blood into a bucket for a week, with a bottle of vicodin hitting F5 on CNN.com watching the world burn, getting my ass handed to me by autistic asian kids communicating a state of catastrophe with preconfigured in-game messages...
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:I've always been curious about the Phoenix Wright stuff even though I have no idea how I play a game as a Lawyer on a console.
It's the classic television lawyer who is also an unwelcome crime scene investigator. You go through a chapter gathering of the juggalos information about a crime, hanging out with these wonderful characters who have hilarious dialogue LucasArts style. At the end of each chapter there's a trial where you have to use logic to defeat the defense/prosecution based on what you determined in the days prior.

Before the recent rebirth of adventure games on the PC this franchise was keeping the flame going strong - and to date I think it's probably done a better job of maintaining the humor than it's proper counterparts in the PC world.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Wait... I CAN tell some broad she was askin' for it, right? I mean I'm an attonery for christ's sake.
It's made by Japan. You should be able to make broads walk 5 steps behind you when you walk on the street.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

man, rockstar sure knows how to cut a trailer :tup:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Wait... I CAN tell some broad she was askin' for it, right? I mean I'm an attonery for christ's sake.
It's made by Japan. You should be able to make broads walk 5 steps behind you when you walk on the street.
hahahah I was gonna post this same shit

just watch out for this one cubes...

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

answering the wrong questions in LA Noire can definitely affect how a case plays out (usually to a fairly small degree, like having to talk to an entirely new person or go to a different/extra location), but you're never truly punished for doing something wrong. if anything, sucking at interrogating leads to a longer game. i remember i finished one case super early because i somehow guessed everything right

but in general, since there's a central plot that connects every case throughout the game, they all pretty much have to end the same way
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

p-cubes: Henry Hatsworth is also an oft-overlooked gem of the DS library. /v/s lists are pretty killer though and i'm sure it's on there anyway

currently playing

guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

those GTA trailers are absolutely fantastic :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

james wrote: Breeding/battling online is fucking rad dude. It's not for everyone but the core mechanics of the franchise are absolutely untouchable. I probably wouldn't be as into this series if I hadn't played the original games as a kid
James I don't think we're arguing here. And with the amount of games out there to choose from, why would a grown male choose pokemon, a game with unarguably great mechanics, but spine-tinglingly brony-esque aesthetics and art direction.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Spooky Apparition wrote:i remember i finished one case super early because i somehow guessed everything right
I've watched my fair share of Law and Order and various other law/detective TV shows, and it seems like that's a lot of what detectives do. They make up some crazy hypothesis when they don't have any clues/ideas and just start badgering people and making accusations until someone cracks.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Got the Gameboy emulator up and running perfectly and I was browsing the Advanced and Color library. What is a Metal Gear Solid for Gameboy Color and is it as awesome a combo of the NES and PS1 as one could expect from a Gameboy system?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Hotel dusk was pretty cool and right up geoff's "professor pickle surprise and the case of the too-tight trousers" alley
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

To me that's like asking why a grown person would watch a Pixar or Miyazaki movie...? They are wonderful. What else is relevant?

If your question is 'what is the motivation to play Z when you could choose Y' you are going to get many different answers...
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

james wrote:To me that's like asking why a grown person would watch a Pixar or Miyazaki movie...? They are wonderful. What else is relevant?

If your question is 'what is the motivation to play Z when you could choose Y' you are going to get many different answers...
"To me, its like asking why a grown person would watch My Little Pony .. its wonderful. What else is relevant?" Ultimately I'm not going to hate Pisscubes if he gets a boner over pokemon when he discovers it as his age... but I'm going to make fun of him.

Do not underestimate the power of nostalgia. Pixar and Miyazaki movies are not child-centered tripe. Pokemon is.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

kickpuncher wrote:p-cubes: Henry Hatsworth is also an oft-overlooked gem of the DS library.
it is but it's also disgustingly hard later in the game
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

canon.docre wrote:"To me, its like asking why a grown person would watch My Little Pony .. its wonderful. What else is relevant?"
Anything that distinguishes one entity from another? Everything. One is a cartoon, the other is a video game... let's start there. Buttons? You could have replaced my noun with any other noun and you'd be making the same case. Mein Kampf = lasagna.
canon.docre wrote:Ultimately I'm not going to hate Pisscubes if he gets a boner over pokemon when he discovers it as his age... but I'm going to make fun of him.
I don't think this is something you need to worry about
canon.docre wrote:Do not underestimate the power of nostalgia. Pixar and Miyazaki movies are not child-centered tripe. Pokemon is.
It's not tripe though, they're celebrated games... I don't think a single entry in the core franchise has been received with anything other than universal acclaim. I can't tell you that you're wrong for disliking them because that's subjective but what I can say with absolute certainty is that you're a racist pedophile, forever and on amen
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Luca Blight wrote: Lunar: Silver Star Story
:tup: :tup: :tup:
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

FVBTVS wrote:man, rockstar sure knows how to cut a trailer :tup:
I came here to post exactly this. I'd been kind of tuning out the GTA5 hype, but holy shit.
james wrote:portable auschwitz